Author Topic: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 06:11:05 am »
i don't really see the point of a custom interface i'll be completely honest, and it seems like a bit more work than what's probably deserved.
art's totally fine, but i don't see how winning a mod really... does much.

Well, instead of it being the one thing you win with no chance of changing it, it could be one of the options you get to choose when winning X place. Like: "Art drawn by X, Custom interface by X, or (whatever else) by X. You must only pick one." Something along those lines to give the winner(s) more options and fun things to pick from.

i guess that kinda works, but it's just an... odd prize i guess.
especially for something that a lot of people just won't choose.
but it's an option, so not much to harp on.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 06:20:09 am »

Don’t think too mich about it, our Scally was just coming up with ideas. :3
Yet, nice that you would give it feedback, if it were to be used.
doing what i feel like

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 08:24:13 pm »
I got a custom title without ever being MOTS but it was not under my discretion (i love it tho pls don't remove it)

The only reason why I would want MOTS is for the custom title tbh. I would love to have other options to add a custom title because I feel ungrateful thinking this way lol.
I agree with the idea of adding badges to profiles again. Not sure why it was removed tbh.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 04:38:59 pm »
i don't really see the point of a custom interface i'll be completely honest, and it seems like a bit more work than what's probably deserved.
art's totally fine, but i don't see how winning a mod really... does much.

Well, instead of it being the one thing you win with no chance of changing it, it could be one of the options you get to choose when winning X place. Like: "Art drawn by X, Custom interface by X, or (whatever else) by X. You must only pick one." Something along those lines to give the winner(s) more options and fun things to pick from.

It doesn't really matter if it's not a popular choice from users,
it is still an offer from a/several Staff member(s) who're more than willing to put the effort into changing the game's default design for their benefit. Personally, I like to have a different interface as well as other in-game modifications, to fit what I find appealing to the eye.

It has been discussed that we need more or new prizes to be given out at contests,
so custom interfaces have come into play because I, myself, enjoy making them and especially for other people who want them. I prefer offering that then art as I suck at art.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 04:58:53 pm »
I think that custom interface would be a really lovely prize. Especially since not many people want/know/can do that themselves, for various reasons (not knowing how, having an old computer/laptop, a program that doesn’t work properly, etc..)
And just the feeling of having something made specifically for ‘you’ is somewhat special.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

wolfdog01

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 09:36:57 pm »
Here is a question: if you win a prize but don't want it, could you pass it on to someone else or just say no? That is if it wasn't choice in a contest and just a given prize for the winner. Cause I am happy with the default FH interface and stuff, not trying to sound rude, some of them are very cool looking.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 09:54:43 pm »
Here is a question: if you win a prize but don't want it, could you pass it on to someone else or just say no? That is if it wasn't choice in a contest and just a given prize for the winner. Cause I am happy with the default FH interface and stuff, not trying to sound rude, some of them are very cool looking.

You can always say “no”. No matter what. There are two prizes, so you’d still get something. :3
I think that being able to pass on the prize to someone else is kind, but It misses the point of winning that prize. Because if the custom interface is only for the 2nd place (from Scally’s comment earlier), you’d be able to give the prize to only one person. Which in general wouldn’t be fair. If the 3rd winner gets your prize, technically they would in the end win, because they now have more prizes than the actual winner of the contest.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 11:54:03 pm »

You can always say “no”. No matter what. There are two prizes, so you’d still get something. :3
I think that being able to pass on the prize to someone else is kind, but It misses the point of winning that prize. Because if the custom interface is only for the 2nd place (from Scally’s comment earlier), you’d be able to give the prize to only one person. Which in general wouldn’t be fair. If the 3rd winner gets your prize, technically they would in the end win, because they now have more prizes than the actual winner of the contest.

Instead of passing the prize to fellow winners, 2nd and 3rd, there could be a restriction so that you cannot pass it to any of the other winners since they got their own prize. Instead you could give it to anyone else who hasn't received a prize already from anyone else if the others give out their prizes as well. It's not about winning, but being fair with prizes and who earns them, and what the receiver wishes to do with 'em. Grated it's a contest, it's all in good fun, however.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:58:09 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort