Author Topic: Operation "Revive FeralHeart"  (Read 11691 times)

Rhakorra

Re: Operation "Revive FeralHeart"
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 09:57:54 pm »
I think it's completely unfair. You can't stop registration for a game and you cant just stop trolling. Hoenstly, just suck it up and take it. I really dont know but this not healthy for a community. Please reopen the registration!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:14:31 pm by Rhakorra »

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 10:03:05 pm »
I think it's completely unfair. You can't stop registration for a game and you cant just stop trolling. Hoenstly, just suck it up and take it. I really dont this not healthy for a community. Please reopen the registration!

I agree.. I don't completely understand why it was taken down as IP banning is a thing, unless they were using VPNs but still.. it shouldn't be ruined for everyone else. Unfortunately though it's all up to Razmirz to make the final call.

in-game: hooli

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 10:14:23 pm »
I think it's completely unfair. You can't stop registration for a game and you cant just stop trolling. Hoenstly, just suck it up and take it. I really dont this not healthy for a community. Please reopen the registration!

I agree. In order for the community to grow and keep growing, keep registration open 24/7, or at least announce opening times so people know when they can join.

Activities, as hooli mentioned, would help keep interest alive, 'cause the game alone isn't what makes people stick around, it's the experiences and the community as well.

Long Live the Empire!

Icon Base © SqdPixl on deviantArt

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 11:51:48 pm »
As not just a staff member but a very old user of FH who has seen and misses the better times I can agree to everything you’re saying here Hooli. I truly am sorry that you feel this way and that you’ve had to share in this unfortunate experience of watching a beloved game slowly change into a shadow of its former self. I don’t think anyone here really enjoys how it’s become nor has wanted or intended for things to become this way, however due to a series of reasons here we are.

I’ll start by saying I’m not trying to point fingers at anyone or push off all the blame on any single person or thing done. I don’t like doing that sort of thing and honestly I feel like that’s another reason why things never move on, because this discussion doesn’t go much further from people pointing fingers just to shove off the frustration and responsibility somewhere. Most of the time most haven’t been around long enough to know the full stories before taking sides and or assuming things.

What’s important is that we realize and acknowledge that a majority of people both staff and users alike are expressing the same grievances... and those who hold the weight of responsibility and the ability to make these changes act by them... hopefully sooner than later.

As for my personally opinions on the specific points brought here:

I agree the registration needs to be more accessible and actually functional. I’ve already stated this before that the random thing just doesn’t cut it anymore, and I’m not really sure if I ever believed it did. At the time when it was changed by the persons who changed it I understood their reasoning but never really agreed to it. I still don’t agree with how it works but alas it isn’t within my power or choice to “fix” that. Although FH is an endearing experience for us all here it isn’t as much for new comers. For new users in a world of better games of a similar genre that offer better mechanics and substance, and are easier to join FH’s registration system just comes off as a nuisance for an already lack luster old game. (xSpirit is also not to blame for any of this as he has only come abroad recently and is working very hard to not only come up with new ideas but also fix old issues on top of many other things. Just want to throw that note in there.) This registration system really can discourage a lot of new comers if they don’t have the patience or time to be persistently checking for when it’s open. Long and short of it is, to keep the game at a stable population we either need to gain back what we lose in users if not double that... and this current system just doesn’t cut it when combined with all the other issues of the game.

As for old maps, I’m not going to go heavily into this as I don’t want to upset Raz especially after we attempted to do this with the “No Mod October” version of our patch. I don’t want to stir arguments anymore amongst staff. Raz has expressed that he believes the community wants the feeling that the old maps gave and not the old maps themselves. He has his own plans for the game and in the end it’s up to him what he wants us all to do as he is the server master. He believes that perhaps if newer better maps that offer more activities were put in place of the old maps that perhaps the community would like that more, if not come to peace with the removal of the old maps.

The return of general chat... yes another topic I have strong feelings on but don’t want to touch much either for similar reasons. I would love to see it return because I do believe that it’s removal was the beginning to the end with ruining not just the dynamic of general communication but also disturbing the roleplay advertising. I can go on for paragraphs with this topic alone but I’ll leave it as is.

As for staff bringing back some more little events, contests, etc. I don’t have anything objection to this and staff has already been throwing out some new little bits with the Screenshot content:

Check here if you haven’t already btw <3:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=67086.0

And there are other things being planned for hopefully soon. (Possibly a movie night or two :3) A few staff are a bit away or on a busy spike due to work/school/personal life etc but things are being discussed. You should see some more fun stuff very soon <3

Again thank you for sharing all your opinions here, this goes for all of you. I do hope some more can be made of all this.

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 12:04:24 am »

As for old maps, I’m not going to go heavily into this as I don’t want to upset Raz especially after we attempted to do this with the “No Mod October” version of our patch. I don’t want to stir arguments anymore amongst staff. Raz has expressed that he believes the community wants the feeling that the old maps gave and not the old maps themselves. He has his own plans for the game and in the end it’s up to him what he wants us all to do as he is the server master. He believes that perhaps if newer better maps that offer more activities were put in place of the old maps that perhaps the community would like that more, if not come to peace with the removal of the old maps.

Sounds great in theory, but just look at the newest/revamped maps. EP has plenty to do but has maybe 3 people in it at most at times. I don't track Kibou, but I doubt that's much better. Just looking at that alone should tell you that 'more stuff to do' isn't working either.

[the following is copied from a post i wrote on FN discord]
I've been saying it from the beginning. It's not the maps, it's the people and the comeraderie that people miss. They miss the big groups that rp'd in local, that would occasionally even rp with eachother. The fights and wars that would occasionally happen, and the ability to literally drop in on a rping group and sometimes rp with them. They miss the big landmarks for what they represent, places people gathered to enjoy the game for what it is. Not complain about what it isn't.
The recent release of "FH Classic," and the fact nobody is even ON fp, let alone using the other maps, should tell you something, too. The maps don't mean anything to anyone other than a point of nostalgia for what once was.
At least that's what their actions are saying more than their words.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:11:52 am by LaughingWolf »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 12:28:34 am »
Sounds great in theory, but just look at the newest/revamped maps. EP has plenty to do but has maybe 3 people in it at most at times. I don't track Kibou, but I doubt that's much better. Just looking at that alone should tell you that 'more stuff to do' isn't working either.

I've been saying it from the beginning. It's not the maps, it's the people and the comeraderie that people miss. They miss the big groups that rp'd in local, that would occasionally even rp with eachother. The fights and wars that would occasionally happen, and the ability to literally drop in on a rping group and sometimes rp with them. They miss the big landmarks for what they represent, places people gathered to enjoy the game for what it is. Not complain about what it isn't.
The recent release of "FH Classic," and the fact nobody is even ON fp, let alone using the other maps, should tell you something, too. The maps don't mean anything to anyone other than a point of nostalgia for what once was.

That is true that it’s not just because of the old maps but it’s like I said, it’s also a number of things that has changed between then and now that has ruined what people loved in the first place. That comeraderie came about because the environment provided it with the right tools to properly nurture that in community. All of that was a culture that formed on the basis of the old game and community. So much has changed between then and now. Things that were are no more, and without all the right conditions in place we may never see that same thing again. This isn’t to say that there’s no hope for FH to get that back, but at least in the state that it’s in now there is none. Even if we could never get back the same type of spirit the game had, at least if we could create a new one that is equally as welcoming and enjoyable we could have something worthwhile. There is some value in what was lost, and seeing that should tell us something. Old FH was doing something right...

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 12:35:26 am »
As not just a staff member but a very old user of FH who has seen and misses the better times I can agree to everything you’re saying here Hooli. I truly am sorry that you feel this way and that you’ve had to share in this unfortunate experience of watching a beloved game slowly change into a shadow of its former self. I don’t think anyone here really enjoys how it’s become nor has wanted or intended for things to become this way, however due to a series of reasons here we are

Thanks so much for the response, Sura <3
The only thing I've to say is about this;

Raz has expressed that he believes the community wants the feeling that the old maps gave and not the old maps themselves. He has his own plans for the game and in the end it’s up to him what he wants us all to do as he is the server master. He believes that perhaps if newer better maps that offer more activities were put in place of the old maps that perhaps the community would like that more, if not come to peace with the removal of the old maps.

This might be what Raz believes but was there ever any polling done about this so he could get an idea of what the community wants? From the community and not just from what he believes? I think Raz needs to try to do more what the community of the game he's trying so hard to fix is asking for. Creating polls for important questions about the future of FeralHeart, asking just that; Would the community prefer the old maps, or newer maps with more activities?
I'm not denying that he's wrong as as I stated in my original post, as I'm only one person and don't speak for the entirety of the community. If there was a poll there's a chance the community would vote for new maps over old ones, and there's a chance they prefer the old. Either way, I think giving the players of the game some sort of voice about the future is really important!

in-game: hooli

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 12:42:06 am »

That is true that it’s not just because of the old maps but it’s like I said, it’s also a number of things that has changed between then and now that has ruined what people loved in the first place. That comeraderie came about because the environment provided it with the right tools to properly nurture that in community. All of that was a culture that formed on the basis of the old game and community. So much has changed between then and now. Things that were are no more, and without all the right conditions in place we may never see that same thing again. This isn’t to say that there’s no hope for FH to get that back, but at least in the state that it’s in now there is none. Even if we could never get back the same type of spirit the game had, at least if we could create a new one that is equally as welcoming and enjoyable we could have something worthwhile. There is some value in what was lost, and seeing that should tell us something. Old FH was doing something right...
That's fair and i agree on the last bit, especially.

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 01:22:26 am »
I think the old maps should be re-added, they look pretty cool

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 01:29:48 am »
I'm going to keep this rather short as what I feel has been said in past posts. I agree with all that has been said here from a lot of others. I feel the same way about the game personally and the aspects about all of it as a whole. To see something from my childhood, 2011 until now is very heartbreaking. Going in game and seeing almost no one, local being dry, etc. It all breaks my heart, all of it. Even the forum makes me sad in regards to activity, since it has gone down just as much.

One thing I think is important to remember and take concern of is Impressive Title games are ultimately dying as well. A lot of big servers and games are slowly becoming inactive as well, I've seen it happening around me and it also makes me very sad. These types of games are one of a kind and many around here grew up with them. Another reason is likely many have moved on and grown up at the same time.

Regardless, Hooli thank you much for creating this. It's nice to see others input and be able to give mine and hopefully it sheds some light on the matter, maybe pushing things to move a bit more for the future. <3
not active here anymore ♡