Author Topic: Aquillaflyer's bio thing  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Aquillaflyer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Struck by falling tree, initial encounter.
    • Aquillaflyer
    • View Profile
    • Breaking Day
Aquillaflyer's bio thing
« on: August 17, 2021, 12:00:53 pm »
I'm usually a rather private person, but I also like to ramble. And since all the cool kids were doing them, I figured I'd do a little profile thing for myself. A lot of things about me and my life will be left out for you to discover via actual conversation (gasp), but I plan to put all the important things down as well as some entertaining tidbits.

Not gonna lie, I originally considered doing a "social" section in here like how people do for their character bios, but then I realized I'd have to be honest about my feelings on people and it'd probably be universally taken as me throwing shade. And I've thrown enough shade in this bio, and do so unintentionally without really thinking about it enough as just a general thing.

Name (IRL): Will obviously not be divulged here. I'm pretty paranoid about revealing things that might enable someone to track me down in real life.
Nicknames: My main one is Aquillaflyer or just Aquilla. Other nicknames are Magnetar (Mag, Mags, Magnet), and Susanette, which is obviously not my real name.
Gender: Female. (Anyone who replies with "what are your pronouns" is losing kneecap privileges)
Orientation: I honestly think it's none of your business unless you're trying to date me.

-Cooler temperatures (usually below 70 fahrenheit)
-Shells
-Feathers
-Fossils, bones and such in general
-Any shiny objects, really
-Cats (particularly saber-toothed ones)
-Making outlandish threats/outlandish threats in general
-Getting into stupid situations, watching my friends make bad decisions
-Food, particularly chickpeas and spaghetti
-Science (for the science god)
-Lake michigan, I'd suggest getting to see any of the great lakes even once in your life
-Sunrises/sunsets, particularly when the sun's still below the horizon and and the whole horizon is blue and green
-Handicraft-type things
Still all I can think of.

Dislikes
-Wet clothes
-Hot & humid weather
-Annoying dogs (dogs that jump up on you, dogs that lick you, dogs that bark a lot, ecta)
-Authoritarians & people that inject their political beliefs (or beliefs in general) into everything (...kinda rich coming from a vegan, I know)
-Being told what to do in general (unless I'm making a genuine fool of myself)
-Weird-ass people
-People who make their characters so capable that they're virtually untouchable (I get capable characters, but everyone's got flaws and everyone makes mistakes. Stop playing your character like a goddamn anime protagonist)
-Tumblrites
-Brainlets
-The death trap stairs in my house
-Bending my fingernails backwards
And a host of other things I either can't think of or are kind of out-of-place on a forum about an animal game.

Personality overview

Hey, I'm Aquillaflyer. I'm kinda weird, but my few friends say I'm pretty smart. I'm quite strong-willed, and I tend to go into detail into things I'm interested in. My sense of humor can be somewhat offensive. I wouldn't say I have the best social skills, but I do try. Did I mention I'm probably autistic? I never got formally diagnosed, but I went to a child psychologist when I was about 4, and she said I just barely missed the criteria for an asperger's diagnosis. But I feel with everything we know now about asperger's/autism, I'd probably be put somewhere on the spectrum. And honestly, I feel like it explains a lot about my social weirdness, along with a lot of my other weird quirks and behaviors. And if I don't have autism, I have no clue what's up with my wack-ass brain.

I have a good couple of hobbies, these include things like woodcarving, making "art" (sometimes even good art), hiking and kayaking if I get to go outside, and pretty much whatever's around to entertain myself. I'd usually rather be left to my own devices (even if it leads to chronic loneliness), half the time 'cause I don't know what to do with people, and a lot of the time because the stuff I tend to do usually ends up being a by-yourself type of activity.

Random info

I have an obsession with extinct animals. Particularly saber-toothed cats and raptors. As such, most of my characters are some form of extinct animal, and three of my top four characters are technically extinct. Except for Takata, she's a genetically engineered cat with the DNA of several living and extinct creatures. I live, and have lived my entire life, in the US state of Wisconsin. The same "tundraland" Shocker apparently lives in! And considering that it gets damn cold here, it's probably best that I'm more of a cold-adapted creature. The tagline I have in my profile is based on a real incident, particularly the hospital discharge papers I got after being struck by a real falling tree.

I can draw (sort of), make maps and presets, and repurpose/retexture objects. I learned how to make presets in early 2016 because I was interested, I learned to make maps around the summer of 2015 out of spite. I have no clue how to operate any model-making program, so I can't make my own mesh files, but I can make custom map objects by messing around with texture files and the object maker. Do not ask me for commissions/requests unless they're really simple, or I will not finish them. Unless I like you enough to get tunnel vision on the project I'm working on for you, then it'll probably get done at some point.

I was one of, if not Ame88's first truly close friend on this game, and I still have a lot of trust in her, even if we've drifted apart. If she's reading this, hi, homie! Maybe we can catch up a bit on discord or in game, assuming we can find something to talk about. I run an RP group called Breaking Day that's based on SCP-001, but it's mostly friends right now and I can't get them to be active.

My characters

This mostly focuses on the top four I mentioned before.

Rilla, a female smilodon fatalis. Light grey in color with firey eyes and a lot of spots, she is rather cold and tries to live with as little emotion as possible, believing it'll make her a more capable warrior and better at living in general. But many secrets lurk in her shadow, feel free to ask her about them. But you might get slapped, and it'll probably be pretty hard.

Takata, a mutata lethalis, a custom species of mine that I might do a profile on someday. She's a space bounty hunter who's really serious about her job, seeing it as her main purpose for existing, often to the point of tunnel vision. She's mostly reddish-brown along her back and top of her head, creamy on her underparts, and a vivid red along the rest of her. Her eyes are a vivid purple due to them being artificial, although her original eyes were a pale violet color.

Intombazane, (pronounced in-TOM-bah-ZAH-nay because people have problems with it) A female homotherium with her fair share of demons. Plagued by crippling loneliness and social anxiety, she aimlessly wandered the world nearly nonstop until landing on an island where the sun melts creatures into flesh monsters, now she has to deal with that. She's a tan color with faint, hook-shaped markings on her body and cheeks, with a creamy-white underbelly, piercing blue eyes and a dark mowhawk-like mane running along her back and onto her head.

Naranbaatar, one of my only male characters, he's a gorgonopsid from the late permian period. Living when the dinosaurs were a distant future, he was born at the right time to witness the great dying at the end of the permian truly kick into full gear... and then he was abducted by aliens who wanted him for a zoo of long-dead creatures, only for their ship to crash in the modern world. Now he wanders, not understanding he's almost a quarter-billion years in the future, trying to make sense of this strange new world. He's a brownish color with spots along his legs and underbelly and eyes like a tiger's eye gemstone, or maybe a roaring fire.

Someday they'll get pictures. Or bios. Or anything.

Please keep in mind that these are not my only characters, only my favorite ones so far. Feel free to ask about them, or about my other characters!

The roleplay I run
Breaking Day is a little multispecies, multi-faction, character-driven RP made up of me and my friends that takes place in an archipelago of islands under a sun that nobody wants to live under. Based off of S.D. Locke's SCP-001 proposal, many of the things in BD are different to the original story, but enough is the same to make it a hard existence. It's mostly a between-friends thing for now, basically everything is a W.I.P., and I struggle to convince the people on the discord to be active, but feel free to contact me if you want to join for some reason! If you want to learn more in general, go check out the site! It's in my miniprofile, so I haven't linked it here.

My FH Story

This is going to include how I found the game and many of my most important events on it.

October 18th, 2014. I'd just turned 12 about a month earlier. My sister ends up finding Wolfquest and Feralheart on youtube. We get Wolfquest that day, but FH's registration wasn't open. The two of us really wanted to play, but were unable to catch the registration open until that monday. That monday I'd woken up at about 6-8 AM and we decided to check the registration. Lo and behold, it was open! And both of us got our accounts that day. Some time later, last day of february in 2015, I met this pack called the Bloodthirsty Wolf Pack lead by this guy named Rogue. The pack lasted for a month or two (which is pretty long, considering that it was a pretty ragtag group of people), and I met Ame (playing as Shade) there, as well as several of our other friends like Liam and Koda. Apparently, the day she joined the pack was her second day on the game, so it's pretty weird to think that I've been playing longer than the literal moderator.

This story's pretty funny to me now that over six years have passed, but I learned to make maps out of spite. It perfectly encapsulates the type of cretin I was at the age, and I honestly wonder how my friends were able to stand me. Ame and I (well, mostly me, I showed it to Ame and she went along for the ride) had found this group of maps called FeralRealms. At the time, I knew several of the maps were occupied, but I didn't know the one map I wanted to claim for my own pack, called Wugachug, was occupied. Mostly because every time I'd logged on, nobody was there. I didn't really bother reading the wiki page they had to see if my assumptions were true, and this came back to bite me in the ass. At some point, I returned to the map to find it far from empty, and of course, I was ousted. I was obviously... disgruntled, and I ended up in a whisper conversation with one of the members, who I think I befriended later. I cried, sulked, and I looked up tons of youtube tutorials to figure out how to make my own map. At that point, I knew you could do it, as FeralRealms was obviously (even though I was an idiot) a player-made map. I'm just thankful that there was literally nobody else in my pack at the time.

The first map I was able to export and share with friends was called Miari Valley, which kinda sucks looking back on it, but I'd made several maps before. I think the first one I remember trying to make was inspired sort of by The Missing Light, a series I loved at the time. It had this huge mountain in the middle of the middle and some rivers separating the rest of it. When I eventually figured out how to make presets, the first one I think I tried to make was based on Queen Eyagra, of course. The first time I was actually able to export and share my preset was around early 2016/very very late 2015, and it looked rancid. I wish I had screenshots. I still have the file, so I'll probably get them later.

I think the only halfway successful roleplay I've ever run was called the western valley pack, with my character Theo. Ironically, this was the same character who'd gotten kicked out of Wugachug, just with a costume change and a different name for his pack. Unfortunately, I wasn't terribly active. I think I was mostly occupied by the group who'd kicked me out, since I formed some pretty close friendships with them and generally had a great time with them. I don't think they actually remembered me as that one kid, and if they did, they never mentioned it. I still miss them. If any of you guys reading this played FH in the later half of 2015 and were involved with the group Guardians Of The Realms, please feel free to reach out! I'd like to see if I actually know you from all that time ago.

Ever since then, I've kinda been pinging around the game and doing my own thing. Never really did anything terribly major, although I did make many more friendships and memories along the way. I do wish that I could find these people that I haven't seen for literal years, but life goes on, so I try not to get too sad about it.

Technically a furry?

I guess you could say so. In the broadest sense of the term, sure. I'll accept that. But I don't really fit the mold for most people's idea of what a furry usually is. I wouldn't be caught dead in a fursuit (unless it was something cool, like a realistic raptor costume), none of my characters are really anthro, and I don't see myself fitting many of the stricter definitions or other criteria I haven't mentioned. I have probably never made a human character, since I struggle relating to them and find them boring and overcomplicated in ways my mind just sorta refuses to understand. Not only am I not hardwired to understand humans that well, they just pale in comparison to the coolness of other animals. And when humanized enough to relate to, and made smart enough to understand the same sort of abstract thoughts humans usually do, I tend to find making animal characters gets the best of both worlds.

Contacts and other accounts
Discord: You'll have to ask. I don't feel like having everyone suddenly try and hit me up there.
FH site messages: Hope I get back to you sometime, probably the best place to ask for my discord.
Deviantart: You can find the link in my miniprofile! Nothing on there, though.
Steam: Private for now.
This is all I can think of right now for ways to contact/get in touch with me. Hang in there for now.

Fun facts

-I've broken the same wrist twice in the span of about six years. The first time, it was both bones, the second it was only one. Both were pretty stupid.
-I walk barefoot through the snow if it's just to the car and back, but I detest any temperatures higher than about 80 fahrenheit.
-When I was about 13, I tried to make an animated series staring these foxes. Everything was drawn in MS Paint and edited in Windows Movie Maker. The foxes looked downright horrible, and I'm so glad that all those files are now long lost to time.
-I've killed two laptops by spilling water on them. The second time was my own fault, the first time was due to the antics of the senior cat we were fostering at the time. RIP Walter.
-I once made a homemade bow and a slingshot. The slingshot broke and I have since lost the bow. Sad face.

If you made it all the way to down here, thank you so much for taking the time to read all of this. Now, you can understand me just that little bit more without even ever speaking to me in the past! Isn't the internet just wonderful? But seriously, I am truly grateful for you taking the time out of your day to read through something that took me literal hours to write down when I was sleep deprived. This got a little more personal than I meant it to, but that's OK.

This whole thing is a work-in-progress that gets updated once in a while when I can be bothered or when I think it needs it. If you're interested in me, my RP, or like or dislike any particular parts of this thing, I'd love to see feedback.

UPDATES:

(Update 1)
-Added some more "Likes".
-Made the little sentences above the massive blocks of text bold so you can see them better.
-Added a section about Breaking Day, because even though it seems destined to fail before it even really starts, I'm still driven to try and make it work.
-Added a "contacts" section.

(Update 2)
-Added a couple more "likes".
-Split up the run-on paragraph in the "about me" section, added some more lines.
-Generally ran around and added a couple more sentences here and there.

(Update 3)
-Shortened the personality section.
-Added fun facts (hopefully they're pretty funny).
-Added a thing that describes my discovery of this game, includes some stories that I find pretty entertaining to look back on.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:15:54 am by Aquillaflyer »
I have no clue what I'm doing with my life.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: More on Aquillaflyer (my bio, I guess)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 05:21:45 pm »
AAQUUIILLLLAAAAA HHIIIIIII nice to see you lurking more on the forum! ^ -^ Was thinkin about you recently actually lol Definitely need to chat more. You in fact are my first actual friend on this game, and it makes me very happy to still see you around here =) I still hold that day when I met you, Liam, Koda, and Rogue with the rest of his group very dear to my heart. That was my second day on this game. I still have the screenshots I took that day xD

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort