Author Topic: My Personal Recommended Mods For FH  (Read 1538 times)

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
My Personal Recommended Mods For FH
« on: August 23, 2022, 10:02:02 pm »
Hello Everyone,

It's me, TheEarthSpirit again. Was wanting to list off a bunch of my favorite FH mods. These mods range from Game maps, character add-ons, fur textures, and Item Packs. Good chunks of these I personally use.
Note that there are a lot of awesome FH mods made by other users etc. But I figure it will be best to post some that I can recommend to new players to start off with. As well as some that aid not just in making the game better but gives more content and possibly help with ings like Preset creation.
So no shade to them. I just like these mods and that's my personal opinion. If yours is not on this list go ahead and post the pick of your favorites below. Could help any newcomers to the game.

Since none of these will be my own, I will credit the maker and leave a link to the mod's post on the forums. That way you can download it yourself if you choose. Also, I will include images and such as well.

Character Modifying Mods

Claws Mod
What this mod does is adds claws or toenails to your canine and feline and canine characters.
These are colorable by using the Tuft or many colors. OR if you make a preset coloring in the ordinarily unused sides of the tail file.

Canine Claws

Feline Claws

Honestly look at these toe beans with claws: O.O
Just keep in mind these are not Animated. So the claws on Felines won't retract and constantly be out.

Mod Maker: Tiggs

Legendary Markings
Legendary markings adds a ton of new markings to your FH creation pool of markings. If you see “Markshmellows” aka Users with White bodies or they are messing parts. 9 times out of 10 it's because they are using Legendary Markings or They have a preset on.
So to best experience the Game it's best and Recommended that you Download Legendary markings.

Mod Maker: ???

Legendary Items
Legendary Items is a mod that adds a TON of items into your character creator.
It is a huge combination of Weapons, collars, necklaces, bracelets, ties, bags, Helmets, crowns, and so on.
The newest version has over … amount of items and combines multiple Item packs from FH. I know a good chunk of FH players have the same Pack so you will be able to see all their items as well. (When you download a different mod pack or marking pack you will see weird stuff. Like them having odd items they should or wouldn't have on. They will see something else other than what you do item-wise.)

Mod Maker: ???(Multiple cause I think it also combines multiple item packs)

Maps And Game Content Add-Ons

Old FH Maps Download
A long time ago when FH updated last updated our current maps were added and the old maps were thrown out. This caused a lot of anger in the community as many loved the old maps in spite of the rushed-looking, janky nature. Some even looked half-finished.
People had grown to love those maps. Some people actually left due to this.
Even though the new maps met the Community needs better, as we had grown so much before that there was not enough rp space for us all. As well as there just weren’t enough dens for all of us to have one for rp purposes.
And these looked better, were filled with content, easter eggs, and so on as the old was really janky. Often you would glitch threw objects. Even some people were using these glitches for dens because the situation with that was so bad.
To be honest I was not around for this part of the communities history. I did mess the game before the update. That was before I found this mod.
The community provides!!!
A complete mod that adds all of the old maps seamlessly to the updated version of FH.
Normally when you download maps you have to go to Cape of Distant Worlds to access them. This one does not even affect Cape or anything. It adds a new cave to Lonely cave just to the right of the spawn point.
This cave gives you access to all the old maps. And the Old lonely cave even allows you to see people now.
Newbies I recommend going with a veteran player that can show you your way around. But it's fun. You can even climb Ascension Island to Skys Rim. Swim in the deepest seas of Atlantis. Play in the snow at the South Pole. Run the plains of Flourite. Get lost in Last Cave. And Just have fun.

Mod Maker: Kitterr

Bawfle’s Public Portals Mod

For me, I love my Cape of Distant worlds Maps. However, with the normal portals, they are excessively hard to find for me visually when I got to jump in one. So I downloaded one of Bawfles Portals.
Now I can actually find the entrances to my maps at Cape!!!
But not only that it looks sick as well.
But better yet these portals aren’t just a picture or anything. Oh no!!!
These are Animated, even though it doesn’t show it in the pictures they move.
To make it even cooler she has various versions available for download so find your favorite.
(You can already tell mine.)

Mod Maker: Bawfles

Helpful Mods and Additional Helpful Links

How to Make Presets(Forum Post Explains Making Presets)
There are TONS of tutorials on how to make presets. So I’m going to just post my favs.
But as always if you have issues don’t be afraid to ask. The whole community will not mind helping you including myself. So never be scared to ask for help.

1. Number 1 favorite one has to be the FH Manual. It has a tab on presets.
It is excellent at explaining the process. My best advice is to start with it.
Then if you have more Questions go to another tutorial.

Written by: ???

2.DylanCheetah is a good friend and his tutorial for Developing a preset.
Is very well made and very simple to get.
It even includes downloads which will provide you with Simple to use templates and a PDF to explain how to create presets.

Written by: DylanCheetah

3. SpicyDirt actually includes Videos on how to make presets. So if you're a visual learner go check that post out.

Written by: SpicyDirt

Preset Helper(Additional Asset Helpful for Preset Makers)
This is an additional Asset made by Tikoucas.
They made a program specifically for aiding in making presets.
With FH what used to be the case of creating presets was in order to check your coding and artwork while working on a preset. Was difficult and time-consuming.
Without it, you had to do all your work. And in order to test it to see if anything was wrong or placed in the wrong place. You had to put it all into FH. Load it up Check it.
Something wrong? Fix it. Close FH. Reload up FH.
Check it again. Oof.
With this program, you can see it being made in real-time. Press F5 and it instantly reloads/updates. So you can see your progress in real-time. You can even see from different angles. BIG Lifesaver for anyone working on presets.

Mod Maker: Tikoucas

Material Coding For Beginners(Helpful ForumPost for Preset Makers)
This Blog Post shows and even provides you with detailed instructions on how to make multiple coded effects to your presets.
The ones it tells you how to do is;

Adding Wings to Presets
- Ghost effect
- Glowing and Shading(Does not cover glowing presets)
- Metallic Markings
- Transparent and Semi-Transparent
- Glowing Markings
- Scrolling Presets
It also gives you the code to copy and paste. Still takes some know-how to code things in. But if you get to learn how to do this you can make thousands of different presets. Maybe your character is messing a leg? Maybe they are a ghost? Maybe they are a robot?
Either way with these codes your options are limitless. The skys the limit.

Written by: Ruby1234

That's all that I can think of right now.
These are all my personal favorite mods. How about you guys? Do you have any favorites? Please mention them below. Love to see them and learn about them.
Who knows I may end up adding more to this list.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Recommended Mods For FH
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 01:14:30 am »
fantastic guide, gonna be grabbing that portal one SO FAST you don't even know
thanks for this!
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 02:26:12 pm »
fantastic guide, gonna be grabbing that portal one SO FAST you don't even know
thanks for this!
No Problem there are others ones that look just as fancy as the one I got lol. They all look sick as heck

Offline ferimeX3

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • certified spoiler ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 10:52:29 pm »
oooooo this is looking great! def saving it, thank you for compiling these mods ^_^
~it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations~

sig made by me!
>bio<

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 11:57:26 pm »
oooooo this is looking great! def saving it, thank you for compiling these mods ^_^

Np, I look forward to adding more to this list of mods.
Alot of downloadable packs I probably haven't seen yet.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 07:57:55 am »
Amazing collection here. I'm sure it will grow with more and more amazing mods to the game~

I genuinely love seeing people's creativity flow here. It blows me away what the community makes.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 08:35:16 pm »
Amazing collection here. I'm sure it will grow with more and more amazing mods to the game~

I genuinely love seeing people's creativity flow here. It blows me away what the community makes.

Me too. I was surprised majorly by the portal mod lol