Author Topic: My newest Baby is done!!!!(Peaches, The Mushroom Cat)  (Read 2147 times)

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
My newest Baby is done!!!!(Peaches, The Mushroom Cat)
« on: August 24, 2022, 10:39:08 am »
I finally finished her!!!!

I've been working on this sweety for over a year. Finally finished her ref sheet. And I am absolutely in love with her.

Meet my New baby... Peaches, The Mushroom Cat.

As you can see I have a thing for mushrooms. The mushrooms I based her on were Rhodotus palmatus or Peach Wrinkle Mushrooms. They are also known as netted rhodotus, the rosy veincap, or the wrinkled peach. However, I think the image I based her design on was photoshopped unfortunately cause she is more of a light pink than Peach and the Secretions are more blood red than golden.

Images of the natural Mushroom itself. (Peach Wrinkle Mushroom)

The Exact Image I based Peaches Off of

I didn't even realize it I was over 60% done with designing Peaches. So I rolled with it.
However, as you can tell she has a lot of different Mushrooms all over which would make her a pain to draw. If I ever were to get art made of her. They probably charge me a lot but I did make a solution to that.
As you can guess mushrooms are somewhat delicate. Doesn't take too much to break them. So Figured, her mushrooms would fall off often. So, of course, she would grow her mushrooms back. So The artist can take a lot of liberties with the mushroom placement and how many mushrooms she has on her body. Cause they would pretty much break off often that she would constantly be growing new ones.
Though the mushrooms are NOT edible. Please Keep that in mind.

As for the Jelly-Like secretions, also known as Guttations. These are the same way as the mushrooms. They easily come off her body. It's why some of these droplets are bigger than others. Maybe at some points, she would have more of these droplets than others.

Her hair also is the same way. Cause it's your standard tree lichen you can find on any tree. It's flexible and soft but at the same time can easily snap off.

Her chest lace or floof if you wanna call it that. Are not native to the Peach Wrinkle Mushroom. But, fit me and Peach as a character more as I like chest fluff a lot. (You can notice that in most of my characters)
This Lace is more similar to mushrooms like this Fly Agaric Mushroom.

Fly Agaric Mushroom

Peaches is more of a layered version of this. But it's not fragile as the mushrooms, Lichen hair, or Jelly-Secretions.
These can stand a lot of wear and tear. Similar to fur or just an extension of her body. (Like flesh)
Despite this, they are very soft.

In the future, I may make more of these Little beans and sell them as adopts. I'll be honest, took every fiber in me not to turn her into a tiger. Why? The whisker markings... Most tigers have this at the base of their whiskers. But with the spots no way I could have done that to her. But sure as heck the next one I make for sure will be a mushroom tiger.

That said, I'm glad I got the chance to share my new baby with you. Hope to share more of mine with you.

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: My newest Baby is done!!!!(Peaches, The Mushroom Cat)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 07:03:00 pm »
She's gorgeous and so creative! I love the description as well. She has a really nice colour pallet <3

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 08:24:09 pm »
She's gorgeous and so creative! I love the description as well. She has a really nice color pallet <3

Thank you, I'm glad you like her. I will say I love her color palette aswell. Part of the reason I love the Mushrooms. But edited and un edited versions.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 07:59:28 am »
I absolutely love her oh my goodness. Super pretty colors and design work- great job!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 01:08:25 am »
I absolutely love her oh my goodness. Super pretty colors and design work- great job!

Thank You Ame. You know, You've seen her from start to finish pretty much. She was in the works for over a year. And it finally paid off XD

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 02:45:21 am »

Thank You Ame. You know, You've seen her from start to finish pretty much. She was in the works for over a year. And it finally paid off XD

Yeesss you can say that again xD I absolutely loved seeing this baby built.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 11:54:37 pm »

Yeesss you can say that again xD I absolutely loved seeing this baby built.

Yesh she is a sweetheart. I'm hoping to post the Stream Boarder I'm working on with her in it XD
Love her... Guess that's why it took me so long to make her. Wanted her to be perfect for me. And she absolutely is. Cute mushroom Bean!!!

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 07:12:20 am »
Incredible work!  Even the corners of the reference sheet have such detail in them.  It's clear that you have a lot of experience studying mushrooms.  I've heard of fly aminata (I have to admit sheepishly that I know it from Skyrim), but now that Google Lens has gotten better at identifying plants, I'm looking forward to finding out more about fungus.

Have mushrooms been a hobby of yours for awhile, Spirit?
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. Do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge