Author Topic: Welcome to hmm  (Read 16756 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to hmm
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2018, 05:16:50 pm »
Hm, alright. You're fine, we all have busy days XD

As much as I love the old maps, I'm gonna have to agree with you, you've pretty much explained my kind of thinking when it comes to returning something old. Yes at first I would love the old maps to make a return, but as I said, you had just explained how I feel about it in the long run. I hope others can understand that. It is a hard thing to accept what could happen if you put something old back, just as you said. If you remodel it, even that can throw people into a frenzy. Putting out little momentous would be find. As you said it gives them those little memories back.

Oh you do? Alright then, that's fine~ Me being curious I would of course love to know but, if you don't want to spend the time to explain again that's perfectly fine.

Exactly! Generally people prefer more constant updating to keep their interest, while others are patient and can wait. I'm more so in the middle of those field, as to where I'm find with a long wait, but I see it can be tedious when I really want to see what's next. After a long time it kind of waters down the eagerness after having to wait so long.

Yeah I was just throwing out ideas and such. Just put it out as food for thought. Much is still going on and I wasn't asking of anything.

You're fine xD I wouldn't mind if you put this out for public view. If anything I'd say go for it if you really want to. Hopefully the members can get a more clear view of things.

Thanks for answering~
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:21:47 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2018, 05:24:45 pm »
Sorry had a very busy weekend

@Wolf Queen
I'll have a public answer out shortly(ish) for you.

@Ame
If I'm honest I personally wouldn't put the old maps back. I believe the only reason people want the old maps back is because they want things to be as they were. However just sticking the old maps back in isn't some magical pill that's just going to change everything. Yes the old maps had things the new maps don't. But maybe that's where we should be looking to implement some of the concepts of the old maps in the new. Not simply copying what was there. Don't copy maps with flaws because at the end of the day that's why were came out in the first place. Instead look at those maps take from them what you need and embed a better map in the world. Of course you can add little mementos to the old map. That way the people that knew them have those little memories. The other issue with dropping old maps straight back in is that even if you make a perfect copy of the map due to the difference in people and world positioning it may not have the draw it once did. It may not populate the same. And as such it may feel like a dead map. I wouldn't want to take the memories of a full map people had and replace those with an empty one.

I do have a concept for connecting the maps together though it took me a long time to explain with diagrams to get the idea across to the staff. So I hope you don't mind but I'm going to skip over that. The bot came up on the basis that I was expecting the staff to leave. Tensions had been high for a long while before. I needed a fallback plan.

As to patches lets say we release one huge patch with loads of maps. People scatter round the FH world looking at all the maps. If on the other hand you release one or two maps at a time. People will come together to those maps. With the same amount of work you can create multiple occasions where the community comes together. It also shows continued development not just here's a patch there you go for the next so many years.

As for the future development you mention not really thinking that far ahead yet. There's still a lot going on. But things like that can be considered.

I also have to agree with a lot of what is said here. Having little patches every now and then might grab interest more and keep members around for the anticipation of seeing "what's next?". More teasers can be put out and the community can feel like they are more involved which I know was a big issue in the past; that they weren't feeling involved with things going on. At least that's what I heard from a few.

About the old maps, I have to agree with Ame. Logically, it does make more sense in the long run for the community. I also would love to see those map diagrams one day, I can possibly lend a paw and give my opinions. Just an offer I thought I would throw onto the table.

As for making it public? Maybe. That is up to you! I wouldn't mind so much. Thank you for the reply, as well, Razzy.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2018, 05:31:27 pm »
Only bit I'll say on the old maps is the fact that they were put up for download around the same time that this update came out, and there's quite literally nobody that spends time in them.

So incorporating iconic bits of old maps into new ones for hype, such as stone bridge, N/Z, etc? Love the idea. But I think the empty old maps speak for themselves in terms of popularity.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »
Only bit I'll say on the old maps is the fact that they were put up for download around the same time that this update came out, and there's quite literally nobody that spends time in them.

So incorporating iconic bits of old maps into new ones for hype, such as stone bridge, N/Z, etc? Love the idea. But I think the empty old maps speak for themselves in terms of popularity.
Pretty much this describes my thoughts on the map situation.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

wolfdog01

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »
If I'm honest I personally wouldn't put the old maps back. I believe the only reason people want the old maps back is because they want things to be as they were. However just sticking the old maps back in isn't some magical pill that's just going to change everything. Yes the old maps had things the new maps don't. But maybe that's where we should be looking to implement some of the concepts of the old maps in the new. Not simply copying what was there. Don't copy maps with flaws because at the end of the day that's why were came out in the first place. Instead look at those maps take from them what you need and embed a better map in the world. Of course you can add little mementos to the old map. That way the people that knew them have those little memories. The other issue with dropping old maps straight back in is that even if you make a perfect copy of the map due to the difference in people and world positioning it may not have the draw it once did. It may not populate the same. And as such it may feel like a dead map. I wouldn't want to take the memories of a full map people had and replace those with an empty one.

I do have a concept for connecting the maps together though it took me a long time to explain with diagrams to get the idea across to the staff. So I hope you don't mind but I'm going to skip over that. The bot came up on the basis that I was expecting the staff to leave. Tensions had been high for a long while before. I needed a fallback plan.

As to patches lets say we release one huge patch with loads of maps. People scatter round the FH world looking at all the maps. If on the other hand you release one or two maps at a time. People will come together to those maps. With the same amount of work you can create multiple occasions where the community comes together. It also shows continued development not just here's a patch there you go for the next so many years.

As for the future development you mention not really thinking that far ahead yet. There's still a lot going on. But things like that can be considered.
I like the idea of smaller patches and bringing back little bits of the older maps. I had a lot of memories in Bonfire and Sky's Rim, so I would love to see like little easter eggs put in or even added the old ones back in but make it more detailed or something.
I am worried about the thread going public just for the fact there could be some people posting just to scream and rant again. I mean hopefully all that has blown over but you never know.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2018, 07:03:05 pm »
Sorry for double posting but would anyone have an issue if I were to make this thread public?

Maybe? It would be nice for people to see what has been said here and what are your plans with the game, but as wolfdog01 mentioned, I wouldn't want this to be another thread with people ranting and screaming again.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

wolfdog01

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »
Me and Esarosa were just talking about making it public and we think you should make it public then lock it. So people can see what is going on and if they have issues with it, then they can make a big post elsewhere for everyone instead of clogging this one up.