Author Topic: October Update Part 2  (Read 15389 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: October Update Part 2
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 07:38:28 pm »
I hope this thread will shed some light on exactly what went on before the change of scenery in terms of patches, staff and situation.

It must feel like a lot of weight has finally been released from the shoulders of those involved and, I hope that people will finally understand that both sides have been left at fault for some things said and done. Not just the Server Master, or not just the Old Staff.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Astralskye

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • Astralskye
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 07:45:06 pm »
Though I've remained silent on most of the posts going around, it's an incredible relief to know where everyone stands. While I did hold some issues with the way staff and members alike handled the situations (such as taunts, memes, etc), I do think that with this we can move forward as a community. Regardless, I hope everyone on staff currently, and formerly, are doing well. I knew we'd pull through it y'all.

★ Warrior Cat RPer ★ Preset Maker ★

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »
Can't add on any different thoughts from what's been said.

Glad to see things clearer.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline batmanluvr2014

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Papi Dusky
    • Batmanluvr2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »
Thank you Raz, for giving your side of the story! I have a better understanding now as to why you went MIA, and no, that's definitely not an excuse of your part. Real life comes before in game life! Congratulations on your house! I'm glad that you're back, and everything has been somewhat resolved.
As for the part from the old staff, thank you for sharing your side as well, and yes, its very annoying when you've been working so bard to make something and somone comes in and takes control. (Kind of reminds me of season 8 of the office LMAO) anywho, i'm just glad that everyone is working towards a better FH and this whole drama is over <3 Thank you to the old and new staff! And thank you Raz!
-Batmanluvr2014/Duskstar of Hesperos.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 08:14:02 pm »
Thank you both Raz and Sura for explaining things.

It’s a cookie by the way.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:24 pm »
Thanks for explaining your collective sides of what snowballed into the chaos that had been fh for that week..

Luckily it's calmed down in the wake of the drama and I'm glad it can continue to move forward.

My only thing was I'd wished you'd asked myself and lady if we'd wanted our maps in that unofficial release. We've since hashed that out, but it's still a regret from my side of things as a map maker. I had (maybe selfishly) wanted to see the reactions of users first viewing for myself, and didn't know about the unofficial release and all the other drama until later that night and I was admittedly pissed about it being in that release without so much as letting me know in the Skype chat.

But again, I'm over it for the most part and am choosing to see it as a beta test, since it's supposed to go into the official patch when Raz gets around to that and all it entails.. can't wait for you guys to see it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:47:39 am by LaughingWolf »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 09:36:57 pm »
Here's the point where I'm not really going to aid this situation in any way, but I'll drop my own comment in here so it exists and hopefully I can move on and just not get water over my head. This is a very "me" like post so you've been warned lol.

This whole patch nonsense is something that I never wanted or intended to happen when I personally gave you Raz, and the rest of the staff team access to what was put together and worked on to be the base and foundation of future patch work, work that I had mostly kept to myself so I knew at least something completely bonkers like this wouldn't take place. When I took my leave shortly after the patch we got in 2016 I myself had pretty much gotten fed up with certain peoples incapabilities to listen. Certain people who had given me a hard time had all the options in the world now to do what they really wanted with future patches and the game, while I was nothing but a tired and worn soul. Putting this aside however, it was planned and talked about how we could roll out yearly if not even more frequent updates, where we would add things already planned a long time ago such as Snow maps or climbing maps just to name a few.

God knows what kind of salt buckets I've swam through and heard people complain and nag sometimes about things I'm completely with them on but never quite got to justify.

The patch that was made, was obviously not meant to be final, but rather the best that could be mustered and actually make it happen to build upon. It has taken over two years now since the patch I put together with the staff and laid all the ground work for actually got released and changed FH, but all the very needed additions that was planned at the time never really took place, certainly not making the already first few flat building blocks, seem even blander to some. I honestly appreciate that you tried to stay true to a logical 3D space and a world that makes sense, which was one of the things I tried to really show could be a thing, but this whole thing really was a disaster, everything that took place and how FH yet again got stuck in time, and I do of course from what I've seen from the patch work obviously question certain choices still. The last patch was meant to make future updates easier, which is the case, but things fell apart completely on other ends.

The kicker however is that I did leave back then for my reasons, and I did give the responsibility away to you all so I cannot exactly blame any of you what content you do end up bringing to the game and your reasons for it. But I certainly didn't aim for a 2+ year wait, neither did I think the original maps would've been tinkered with in the way they had by the staff. People are free to say otherwise honestly, but it seems pretty clear to me that you guys needed someone like me to pull the reigns after I left when it comes to this thing.

Afterwards I know for certain there's certain designs of the maps that not even I'm pleased with myself and I'd modify things and do them differently today for sure, and certain design choices I really pushed forward is something that many players never really quite understood or wanted to enjoy, but they were also, not really finished or fully executed.

Great stuff that people are being more transparent now, great that people can talk, you, old staff new staff. Great people can get some closure on what has gone down and can see some sort of light. But to me personally I have a bitter taste in my mouth from all I've been through on my part, and how I've seen what this stupid patch thing has caused during my absence as an admin from the staff. Even though many much needed changes also took place in the 2016 patch beyond just a world change, such as being able to remove buttswing that people got in trouble for, replacing copyrighted music used without permission and sorting out other material that was problematic to the game, I'm wondering how the game would look today and if anyone would've had the patience or energy to do what I did with the staff back then.

I managed to leave in a fairly decent manner after getting drilled for a long time, both on and off the game, both from random strangers and people I saw as friends, and then I got to see this whole dramatic play unfold publicly which painted so many pictures to me I wouldn't even be able to describe it if I tried. I could sit and whine all day long about how a server admin is at fault, and how people are blind to the truth, or whatever people feel is the case, but in many cases people just don't know better and this thing is a mess I'm going to try to move on from despite what I feel about it as a lot of things has just sucked to me personally.

In all of this I still sense that something good will come out of it that is better for the game as a whole, and I honestly wish everyone good luck in taking care of the game and community, moving on from this.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:38:30 pm by Redlinelies »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:28 pm »
Thank you for this update, I really wanted to see both sides and I want to say that the community is starting to be more and more active everyday. Please guys, take the time to read all of this,

also that's a biscuit.

<3

Calvary

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 10:00:45 pm »
I appreciate the explanation from both Raz and the old staff at this point. I also appreciate the input from new staff, along with Red here. There's been a lot of back and forth banter that honestly, is now just a mess of mass proportions that we all pitched into the flames one way or another. Truthfully and honestly, we are all at fault someway or another, and it takes true will to be able to admit fault where it is put.

I'm not going to say I'm happy the ordeal happened, or that I'm happy any of this happened. Our journey through life is a struggle and this is no different. I really have no pitch to throw at anyone, as my input has no real effect on what this post was intended for, but I do know that I appreciate this post in itself. Not because it was an explanation or an excuse, surely no. But, rather in the fact that there were faults admitted, which are forgiven. We needn't be salty or mad, or should we hold grudges and point fingers like many have said.

Pointing fingers and pinning blame only puts fluid on the flames.

Taking sides and lashing out on the other side is no way to solve anything either.

I've been seeing a lot of hate, a lot of blaming, and a lot of individuals acting two-faced in the error of the situation. None of which should exist, but it does. Mainly because we received no explanation and people were still confused, lost, and scared. However, here is now a thread composed of different points and views of those amidst the fray. Do not take any of this with a grain of salt, but rather put yourself in the positions of everyone here and how they felt during the time. This is perhaps a post that should be marked historically, to look back on so we don't repeat our same mistakes. This is something to move forward from and progress, rather than to keep on about as if it'll do anything. As Red stated above, something good will come out of this that is better for the game as a whole.

There is no more room for harassment, hate, blame, and grudges. This is not high school, and the drama that is created is not amusing in the slightest. With the events that took place, there is no room for anything like that, and honestly it isn't even necessary. There will always be hate, but as of right now I do expect everyone to be respectful as we advance forward. There's simply no room for hate and torment anymore, and I think everyone has had their fair share of it at this point. Reading this post gave me more insight than anything, and will allow us to keep trudging forward as time goes on for this game. Just remember to be respectful of everyone's views and perspectives. No more pointing fingers, and harassing others. Move with the changes, and hope for the best.

I hope you all appreciate and accept the new staff as we continue to provide for the community, respect the old staff for their work and dedication, and appreciate everything that went into the game as a whole.

Much love to you all.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:05:26 pm by Calvary »

Offline NKM9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I wonder what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
    • NKM9's Roblox profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 10:03:23 pm »
Thank you Raz, Red, and Sura for clearing everything up. Everyone makes mistakes, and the best we can do is learn from them. I'm going to take a moment to call out most of the FeralHeart community since they were coming up with assumptions without direct source from someone involved and only made matters worse. So in the future, can we please not jump to conclusions? Don't worry, FeralHeart's community wasn't the only one at fault. As Raz said, "there was clear misinterpretation from both sides," so everyone was honestly to blame for this pandemic happening in the first place.

I'm certain many of us will be able to move on, and for those that left because of this issue, I hope they'll one day wander back into the community.

I like my dinner extra burnt by some mystical fire <3
Owner of the Snuggle Club of FH (PM me for Discord invite code)