Author Topic: Veteran Player Nostalgia?  (Read 9422 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Veteran Player Nostalgia?
« on: July 19, 2019, 06:22:27 am »
Hey!

I've been thinking lately about 1.13 Feralheart and before, specifically about the good times clueless kid me had on the server.

I joined April 2011 officially but ended up leaving for a few months because for the life of me, baby brain couldn't figure out how to use MMO controls. (Point-and-click's really aren't a thing when you're used to playing Free Realms and JumpStart.)

Are there any memories of 1.13 central FH that you, veteran players, miss?

Personally, I have fond memories of the "NO GOD MOD XD" TLK copiers that took informal residence on Pride Rock in Bonfire Island. It's like it was a competition to see who's more neon Simba could officially rule the Pridelands.

One of my earliest memories, back when Bonfire was the spawn point, was the buttswing chaos that eventually turned out a week-long shutdown of the server. It was also one of my funniest experiences as a kid because I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Condensed specifically, though:

- TLK RPer's in Bonfire
- HTTYD/Dragon characters who vastly dominated Sky's Rim (And how if you fell before wings, you were... ahem, solidly out of luck, if you hadn't set your
   home)
- Diversely populated Ficho which contained the most egregious fight dogs to creepypastas to foreigners
- Ascension Island which acted as a chat-hub for those, commonly anime characters, who didn't want to face the difficult parkour course
- South Pole and their endless open dog-pack roleplays across the vast, snowy hills
- Cape of Distant Worlds' local chat at the cliff, as well as the TEC on their rock
- Fluorite's L(ion) island, stone-bridge, and what was dubbed the Mod's rock
- Human RPers who had to pay the price of either being eternally shirtless or butt naked due to the limitations of the Chimera markings
- General chat, well, in general.

That's all I can think of at this time, be sure to give me some I've missed!

Any experiences that you just don't see in the newer versions of the game?

Let me know.

Re.~

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran Player Nostalgia?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:27:54 am »
I'm gonna miss that rock that sat by that tree out on the cape <'3
Ahh but everything you listed is basically the same for me as well. When I saw the rise of both the MC's and AC's ( Mating & Adoption Centers respectively ) I was hit hard with the nostalgia and it took me back to that place on Bonfire Island where the center was literally the hotspot for all the wild doggos and cattos to be together for about 5 minutes before moving on.
It's nice reliving and just remembering what it was like back then from time to time <3

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 06:37:15 am »
I miss the map call outs of FP. Everyone knew L island, N/Z, Y river and stone bridge. Which was the best place to go to if you needed to find a RP. I also remember when the servers got so full you had to log on early to make sure you had a spot to be in FP for the hot RP hours. Mostly those of us who owned large RP groups had to make sure to fight to be on so we could spam every hour for new members. Always an active RP to join no matter what time it was as well.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:45:56 am »
Wow I adore this topic so much, way to bring back some memories.

• Lets not forget the sandy beaches on the outer part of cape where people would head to roleplay all kinds of things as well there, and the "outlander" spot behind the prideland hill in bonfire.
• Oh and you can never forget those old "experiment 142" characters and the deer that would scatter about bonfire!
• I can definitely say I miss old Ficho a lot, lets not forget those pokemon roleplayers that would sit about the little pond thingy in there as well.
• The mapped roleplays advertising from General around Cape Portal in Flourite as well.

I miss these maps oooh so much, you knew exactly where to go to roleplay your special character.

Ohhh and forgot to add, I ALSO played FreeRealms, man that game has some great memories, if you didn't know it is being brought back but literally FREE this time, feel free to PM me and I'll grab the Discord Link for ya! ♥
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:47:47 pm by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 09:00:54 am »
I've not been around nearly as long as a lot of others who would be considered "veterans" nor do I really call myself one, but I was here back way before the patches and updates. Enough I think I knew quite a bit of stuff that others who are considered veterans would, so regardless if it applies or not, I do remember a lot.

I remember the feel of when I first joined, always looking for a "family" and being a pup in the Adoption Center, or after I was comfortable doing it, finding a mate at the Mate Center. I never dreamed that years later, it'd actually be a really nostalgic and honestly happy feeling to see one pop up again. Makes me wanna get on the ol' AC character on a busy weekend just for fun.

I had I think one family that I remember pretty well compared to others, it could've been two different ones and I'm merging them in my mind, but I had fun while it lasted. I was a wolf pup and grew up a little each day (I think in real life days?) and lived in the cave at Bonfire. Either this is where I'm in another pack or we moved and formed a large pack in Fluorite Plains.

I also hung out in Ficho quite a bit and it was where I met someone who I talked to for years. Again, never thought I'd be happy to see another "BEN Drowned" character, but I am. Gotta say I got in a few arguments there though, but eh. I also tended to be a lot of FNAF characters and would usually go to Ficho for that, but never really roleplayed as them much, plus it made me too nervous to roleplay as characters I liked, and still does honestly.

Sometimes I think it'd be fun to go back and just watch the weird but amusing chaos that would break out in places like Bonfire, or observe the people in Ficho. I wish I stayed active in more roleplays and groups too, but I usually got distracted or bored from them, and again, probably still would. Though I'd love to join one of those mapless wolf packs that accepts just about anyone and is gone the next day every now and then, just because.

Also YES someone else who played FreeRealms and JumpStart. I need a Punk-Punk plushie or something and a t-shirt with the FreeRealms logo with all the areas in a swirl on it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:03:09 am by A.P.S. »

Offline BashfulWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |~|We're More Ghosts Than People.|~|
    • horacethehushed
    • link_skye
    • hekken_dingos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 09:15:50 am »
Ficho tunnel with them creepypasta, anime, fnaf, pokemon, and whatever else roleplays.
I went through one of my old sketchbooks and found a drawing that was based off of a scene I did in a Pokemon roleplay. Made me so happy.
I remember being a demon and roleplaying with some angels too..
South Pole was my favorite, me and my friend started a pack and I was a brown wolf (bad colors against snow lmao) named Hail. I remade him onto this account ^^
Sadly, I never went onto Bonfire because my (dad's) Mac couldn't handle it.

Also FreeRealms and JumpStart were my jam (more of FreeRealms though), I was a ninja with a fire sword named Jared and I had a shy brown cat named Koko who had a red sweater on.
ToonTown and Club Penguin were also a huuuge part of my life.

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 03:48:05 pm »
I almost totally forgot about the fantasy Temple of Dreams characters that populated that map.

Reading these replies got me in the sads, y'all. I miss old Feral Heart!

This may come off as controversial but frankly the unique "specialness" of the old maps never really translated into the new - it was the history that kept people coming back, not the fanciness or decoration of the maps themselves. Not to be unappreciative of the hard work that went in to them, but I'm of the mind that totally wiping the old face of FH wasn't the best of ideas...

South Pole was literally just endless snowy plains, but it was known as the "wings patch" map because it aired alongside them when LKD came back for that brief Christmas period. Everything grew from there!

I see Mate Centers spring up every now and then but the crowd it used to draw doesn't really exist anymore. I guess they vanished with the old maps.

Last Cave sure was something as well. One of my favorite things to do, back when Atlantis backpacked off South Pole, was to explore the underwater ruins. There seemed to be something around every oceanic corner. The coliseum was, for it's time, frankly beautiful.

I agree with a lot of responses in saying that the activeness is a postcard from the earlier iterations of Feral Heart - people all kind of conglomerate in The Grounds but the meaningless roleplays and sparkledog characters don't exist anymore.

Current Feral Heart has turned itself into an inactive chat hub more than its predecessors, in my opinion.

FishFried

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 03:53:52 pm »
I miss Ficho to this day to be honest. Along with my Toby Fox's Undyne char. Preset, eye patch, and all.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 04:15:19 pm »
When it was cool to howl among other cool looking wolves. I totally wasn't a part of something like that *cough*
and like doing it constantly to give some people a migraine perhaps... jk lol
doing what i feel like

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:16 pm »
I remember a lot of these, however one always stuck out to me. That would have to be the beautiful collection of creepy pasta RPers in Ficho. Every time I ran through there I always took into account of how many there were. I do miss being able to go anywhere and each map had it's own group of people to converse with. Each one had it's own unique feel to it. However the Grounds that we have today is a very interesting mix of those characteristic faces we've seen grouped together in older maps, so they are still around~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort