Author Topic: help FIXED  (Read 3589 times)

Offline 0scar123456789

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
help FIXED
« on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »
dont worry its fixed now
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:30:30 pm by annaromine »

JazzForLife

Re: HHHEELLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:28 pm »
Calm down a bit.
Is Norton 360 stopping you from downloading?

Offline Fussyjason

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:22 pm »
^
This.
And FH patch would never(Or rarely)give you a virus or anything harmful.
And you cannot cantact the creators, only Mods.
And I do not get what is wrong, it won't let you run the patch? And you only need to download the one, not the torrent also, unless something goes wrong.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:30:07 am »
"Ignore threat, Run"

or

"Turn off antivirus, Run"
Former community manager of FeralHeart

gingaokami

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:25:51 pm »
i have a norton but i downloaded just fine. i just can't log in to the game at all.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »
Add the game to exceptions in norton, make sure norton actually allows FH to connect to the internet, otherwise check the same thing with windows firewall.

Rukata

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »
The easiest way to play online games and install them from the internet is just to turn antivirus completely off when you're downloading, and while your playing. If you're downloading it, then only turn off antivirus if you trust it completely. If you think so but aren't completely sure, download the file and then scan it with antivirus. If you don't trust it, don't download it.

For playing the game, turning off antivirus will stop your antivirus/firewall from blocking FeralHeart's access to the internet.. again, if you don't trust it, don't turn off antivirus. Not only that, but most games run faster with Antivirus off, because when they're running the tend to make the computer slow down, which is more noticeable while you're playing a game. Honestly, I don't use antivirus all the time - I run a scan once a week, and I'm fine, but I'm pretty smart about what websites to go to and what to trust after being on it for so many years. :P

An easy way to tell what you can trust can be an extension in your web browser - for Chrome, I use "Ultimate Chrome Flag" which has pretty much every rating extension that exists rolled into one: It tells you where the website's server is from (IP Address, Country), their geographic location (City/Region), Google Page Rank (I don't use this part - I find PageRank to be useless), Alexa Rank (shows what rank it is among websites all over the web - For example, Google is Rank 1.. the FH forum is number 89134. Smaller number means more people go to it - so it's probably pretty trustworthy), Google Trends (shows how popular the website is over a period of months - it works best a year after the website is created, so it has a good amount of data - if it's going down, that could mean it's not safe, or it could just mean less people are interested), McAfee Advisor (if the page has been scanned it will find any viruses on the website), and Web of Trust. WOT is rated by normal people on four qualities of a website: Trustworthiness, Vendor Reliability, Privacy, and Child Safety. Obviously, for viruses, you'll probably want to look more at Trustworthiness and Privacy.. maybe Child Safety, but that depends.

If you have Firefox, there may be another extensions that's a lot like it - if you can't find it, just use WoT, since it's usually very good.

Offline Annu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Currently a Bleachtard. OSSU~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »
I have a problem too,which is almost the same than this. I also saw that the new patch was out, but when I downloaded it and tried to run it, it says "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program". The same happened with the FH Setup when I decided to reinstall FH. Help me please :S
I did a Hetalia person quiz on theotaku.com, and I'm:

Konnichiwa. ^^

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »
as it said. The setup is simply corrupted. Download a new one.

One of the reason why it might say this is because you don't have a solid connection when downloading from the direct download, and some packages goes missing giving you a non working installer.

If you keep getting broken installers, download them with torrent instead.

Offline Annu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Currently a Bleachtard. OSSU~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 04:01:38 pm »
as it said. The setup is simply corrupted. Download a new one.

One of the reason why it might say this is because you don't have a solid connection when downloading from the direct download, and some packages goes missing giving you a non working installer.

If you keep getting broken installers, download them with torrent instead.

Thanks, I just got it working and I believe that it was my internet connection's fault,because it's really slow. I tried the torrent and it did work. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for your time anyway :)
I did a Hetalia person quiz on theotaku.com, and I'm:

Konnichiwa. ^^