Author Topic: Is Feral Heart dying?  (Read 17844 times)

Offline Burnwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Is Feral Heart dying?
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:28:03 am »
Honestly, I really hope this isnt the case as I dearly love this game, but I just cant help but get the idea that this awesome game is actually dying. I remember when I first joined (back in 2014), and this game having upwards of 800+ users online at once but now there are only 200 - 300 on throughout the day. Also, I notice that FH never posts any adds what-so-ever. Would something like this show an increase in players? Anyways, I will keep playing until this game last day regardless of how many players are on, and I thank the mods so much for keeping this game going. ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:31:44 am by Burnwolf »
"Insanity is like a disease......a fatal disease without any known cure." - Cobalt

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Is Feral Heart dying?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:24 am »
To me, the game isn't dying. I also joined in 2014 and yes, there were more players then, but honestly, I just think FH is going through a quiet patch. With the new login page, a lot of people left (most of them simply because they never checked the forums about it) or because it just won't work. And there was just a rather large update, and some people just can't get used to it. And there is also the fact that registration is closed for awhile during the revamp of the forums.

I don't really think you have to worry about FeralHeart going empty anytime soon.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 04:35:44 am »
I don't think Feralheart is dying I think it is just people are busy with lots of stuff, and they don't have a lot of time playing the game. Also they probably have jobs, and can't be on the game 24/7. Also there probably won't be a lot of people on here a lot because of school, or it could be that people just lost interest in the game, and decided to move on to a newer one.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:18:31 am »
I believe that before the update, after many years of no updates whatsoever, the game had indeed begin to die out of members. However, what kept the game strong was the constant activities, such as FHORD. Now that the update has released; many old members that left have returned, many old members that never use the forums but play the game are now browsing forums more often, and there has been a huge uproar of newcomers of the past few weeks. Many more Introduction threads have been made, and the activity has overall increased due to the hype of having a new FeralHeart world to explore.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 11:44:38 am »
Not at all. The community is still lively and active and with the recent community patch, I believe that it may entice old veterans to come back and check it out. When then patch was released, we broke a record on how many people were online on the forum at one time. I think that says something.
Also, people may mention how none of their old friends are ever online anymore, and I can empathise with that. But the thing is, people grow up, things happen and people go on different paths with their lives. That's just how it is. But with each person that leaves, a new person fills the gap. There are still plenty of newbies posting the the Introduction board announcing their presence here, which is great.
FeralHeart quite a lot of publicity on the internet. On DA, Tumblr, YouTube and probably some other places too.
There are many exciting times ahead for us.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 05:57:08 pm »
I don't quite know how to answer this. Since the update, the game has been doing well; but as a cynic, I can't help but feel like the community is dying out. I'll keep it short since I tend to be a mood-killer on these situations, but, I feel like the community is not as... community like as it once was.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:36:03 pm »
FeralHeart isn't dying, its just that people could have more things to do.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »
FeralHeart is certainly not dying.
According to the FeralHeart - Statistics Center there are +10,000 new accounts that were registered thus far. ^^

Quote from: Redlinelies
One point of the day we could have 100 users online, another we can have 800, so try not to mix these up. Your 5pm could be someone elses 4 am, and it has clearly shown that american afternoon hours are those who tend to be awake and at their computer at server peak hours, for us in Europe timezones that means we'd find most activity past midnight. I believe "users daily" probably span over 1000 users easily.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:03:05 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline usbdongle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 01:09:15 am »
I only found this game a little while ago and while i am disappointed to have missed its "heyday", its prime, and I haven't been able to be on very often because my life gets a little busy this time of year, I am still excited to be on! I haven't even got a chance to download the update released in June...so if someone like me could join so late and still be interested, I'm sure other people will do that too!
Flight Rising #69692 - usbdongle

Offline Citrines

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 01:40:24 am »
Well, Feral Heart isn't dying in my opinion. I simply think that people don't have the time to play anymore and that those who do, their friends aren't playing the game anymore which causes them to not play anymore either. It's sad but it happens in any online game. Something good to remember is that there will always be someone who comes back to play and check Feral Heart out again after being inactive. New people who I haven't seen before are popping up everywhere in-game. So, I don't think there's anything to worry about for now (and hopefully forever). ;D
bean