Author Topic: The Login Page --> Adverts/Risk of Virus  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
The Login Page --> Adverts/Risk of Virus
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:56:29 pm »
I know I haven't been active in like.. Forever but Even back then I almost got a virus that luckily my antivirus detected and took care of it.. Another reason why I only use Avast.
But anyway, I still have the issue everytime that when I click to login into that page you have to keep open while playing the game, it first takes me to a new tab with some completely irrelevant advert which we all know is spam to make you click on some dodgy link to download their croaking viruses and destroy your computer! It's really annoying and I don't know if I'm the only one suffering from this but I thought that maybe its about time it be taken care of as it's been like this for so long.

Thanks for taking your time to read this..

Cheers

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: The Login Page --> Adverts/Risk of Virus
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 05:07:09 pm »
No, you aren't the only one that deals with the pop ups.
Though, they don't seem to be virus causing just pop up ads to my knowledge; i'm sure other members can say it's not threatning! But yes, maybe one day Staff can patch that but it's probably part of the subscription, etc.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
Luckily for most of us, we have anti virus software that can keep this stuff from being downloaded and ruining your computer. Plus with mine, I can just click out of mine no problem. Is it annoying as heck? Yes. Is it exactly threatening? To me, no. However I do wish that someday that can be fixed or the login page taken out forever. Wishful thinking but hey, you never know.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »
True that.
Well let's just hope nobody got any viruses due to weak antivirus or lack thereof

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 06:45:06 pm »
Don't know why banner ads aren't an alternative.  Maybe so many people use adblock these days that websites don't bother with them?
Funny thing is, when i visit websites, i don't see banner ads, just messages thanking me for not using adblock on behalf of the sponsors...
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Bacchus

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 12:06:24 am »
I use popup blocker pro. It allows ads, but keeps me from getting anything dangerous. It's a chrome app.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:09:16 pm »
this is why i use adblock

i remember when the pop-ups got so bad i got 18 in a row just by clicking on nothing(I tested it and sent it to Razmirz, but recently I took it off and something similar happened).

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 09:11:48 pm »
There is indeed an issue with the advertisements on our website, and we're looking into the issue. We've been having troubles with it lately, which is why you might be getting strange adverts, as well. We cannot make any changes to the game until we're able to have Raz look at it, and he is currently MIA. It's on our priority list to make sure that everything is resolved there, though, so please hang tight. <3

As long as you do not click anything on the pop-up pages that appear, you should be fine. When you log in, there is an option to immediately exit out of the new pop-up window, and it works well for me. It is true that we need advertisements to keep the game running, since it is what pays to keep the server open. We will do what we can to make sure that there aren't things contained that will harm your computer, but there is little we can do until Raz is able to look at it and determine if there is a better solution.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Shady_Wulf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "Woof."
    • Shady-Wulf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:27 pm »
Here's a tip to avoid opening up those pop-ups/advertisements/external webpages (stuff) you're complaining about:

You only risk opening up this stuff by using the left-click or right-click buttons on your mouse/mousepad to select any part of the user interface display used for the login. By selecting objects such as the 'Username' input box to enter your login details, you're literally clicking on an invisible website banner. So, how does one access these components of user interface without selecting it with their mouse/mousepad? Can we bypass this stuff somehow? The answer is right at your pawpads.

The 'Tab' button.

Here's how:

After opening the login page in your web browser, use the Tab button to select the Username input and enter your username, then after that, use the Tab button to select the Password input and enter your password. When you're done, press the Enter key to attempt a log-in. You'll be able to sign-in without opening up a single pop-up/advertisement or external webpage link!

Hopefully this helps!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 01:48:33 am »
Here's a tip to avoid opening up those pop-ups/advertisements/external webpages (stuff) you're complaining about:

You only risk opening up this stuff by using the left-click or right-click buttons on your mouse/mousepad to select any part of the user interface display used for the login. By selecting objects such as the 'Username' input box to enter your login details, you're literally clicking on an invisible website banner. So, how does one access these components of user interface without selecting it with their mouse/mousepad? Can we bypass this stuff somehow? The answer is right at your pawpads.

The 'Tab' button.

Here's how:

After opening the login page in your web browser, use the Tab button to select the Username input and enter your username, then after that, use the Tab button to select the Password input and enter your password. When you're done, press the Enter key to attempt a log-in. You'll be able to sign-in without opening up a single pop-up/advertisement or external webpage link!

Hopefully this helps!
when in doubt

use your keyboard!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972