Author Topic: 'Failed to connect to front server'  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
'Failed to connect to front server'
« on: December 28, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »
I've tried all the relevant tips in the one post I found with standard errors, such as a different browser but nothing works. I even typed out the password in the login tab instead of using the password save function to cross-reference whether I remembered my password right and it is right. But no matter what I do, everytime I click on 'Log In' in the game it says it is connecting for a few seconds then gives me an error message with the topic-subject as the message.

I am quite keen to return to this wonderful community and game but right now I cannot.. I haven't been on in many months but it has always worked for me before. Had this problem since yesterday when I first tried getting on

I'd appreciate any further help I can get. Thanks in advance

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: 'Failed to connect to front server'
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »
I sometimes have issues connecting to the front server and it often takes me a minimum of 3 attempts to successfully log in, although this only happens if there's a spike in my connection (WiFi) and/or I've only just logged into the log-in tab.
I usually solve my issue by making sure I only have the log-in tab open and then opening FeralHeart on top of this to establish a secure connection.

Try to avoid having anything open in terms of tabs and apps/softwares until you're successfully logged into FH.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 04:27:16 pm »
hhh I've tried everything by now.. I even managed to figure out how to add FH to the accepted list in BOTH Avast and Windows Firewall.. I've tried reinstalling the game and even trying a different account. Only tabs I had open were GMail, Login tab and this thread.
But thanks for your response and trying to help

My Canyon Map

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 08:44:33 pm »
Have you tried deleting catche? Maybe cookies? And is the login page allowing you to login but you can't connect to the game? That part feels a little unclear to me, which is why I'm asking.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 08:53:49 pm »
I didn't think of that no.
And yes, sorry if I confuzled. I am indeed able to log into the login page but the game just doesnt want to connect

My Canyon Map

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 09:04:38 pm »
Hopefully it works in that case, because something has to be blocking your connection or the page's ability to connect.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »
It sure seems that way.. But after deleting all cookies and cache it still won't work.. Really weird

My Canyon Map

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 09:18:25 pm »
The only thing I can think of is if you have an installation of FH that might not be connected to a server anymore, but this would have to be two patches previous. It might be worth making a copy of your FH folder, then deleting the one in your Local Disk (C:), and then re-installing the game. Possibly worth trying everything.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 01:48:39 am »
I was actually worried that the older version I had in my c drive might have interfered.. But it was only one patch ago. I went and took your advice on it anyway just to be safe and copied it elsewhere then uninstalled it and deleted it.
Funny thing I noticed is when I tried to uss the uninstal file in the 1.16 (latest) version it gave me some error message that some executable file cannot be found or something. Sorry I don't exacrly remember what it said so I have to just manually delete the foldsr from c drive then installed it again.
Unfortunately however, that did not appear to solve the issue. Thank you anyway for trying to help. Somebody did suggest I check whether the ip address is the same for game and login page, although I disabled proxys already I shall try that later anyway cause as you said; worth trying everything at this point

My Canyon Map

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 04:24:55 pm »
Valar has suggested to me I try This thing out to check if my ip's match...
And surprise surprise... One of the numbers in the two corresponding ip's are different D:

And I have disabled my proxies so this technically shouldn't be happening.. Unless it automatically got enabled again.. I'm connected to a wifi extender using a LAN cable to my Lenovo Laptop and I have Windows 10, if any of that matters

My Canyon Map