Author Topic: Fixing messages and/or usernames  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Fixing messages and/or usernames
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:26:21 pm »
Okay. So this is the second time it has happened to me. A lot of people seem to take the same name. While sending a preset to one person, it's sent to another with the same username. There should maybe be someway to fix that. Like, make those "user with this name already" unless they do. Or find away to get the message to said person. Cuz I went to the profile and sent the message thru there. So it's wierd that a different person got said message. I don't know how many people have this problem but yeah... Just a thought XD

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

CloudFish

Re: Fixing messages and/or usernames
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:27:16 pm »
Agree this could be fixed in a way, am not sure how. Perhaps instead of the messaging system being linked to forum name, to username.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:44:52 am »
Well as CloudFish said, it'd be nice if the forum were linked to the username instead of a forum nickname. A message will be sent to the person who signed up first with that name... say you search for "Wolf" and 38741298374 of them pop up. The one who registered first is the one who will get your message. So it is a bit of a hassle.

Of course, the simple fix for this is simply sending it to the person's ingame username.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:43:25 am »
I think we discussed this a long while back when the game/site was launched and this issue appeared, not so sure if there's a good way to sort this one out due to how it all works in general when it comes to nicknames and usernames.

I'm not even certain if it's possible, but if it is, we'd most likely lose the power completely being able to set a unique/own personal nickname here on the site, and instead everyone would be forced to have their username they registered with shown on their posts like profile. But that's if it works of course which I'm not certain of it being after giving a quick eye, raz should be able to do his magic if it was an absolute must however, which I'm not certain I find it being.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:21 pm »
One thing you can do to be sure you are sending a message to the right person is to:
-enter the person profile and add him to buddy list.
-click send message, the New Message page will open.
-at the right where is the box To:, click Find Members link.
-in the window who appeared, type the mane of the person and enable the check box Show buddies Only?, click Search.
-Only one result should appear, click in the result. In the box To: will appear the true username.
After sending the message you can delete the user from buddies.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:53:33 pm »
Well it isn't exactly a big issue I just thought I'd bring it up xD But yeah. The idea's are great and like you said Red, if it does become a big problem then it can be dealt with.

But I think I'll try out Thierry's idea more now. If I remember it xD -writes it down- ;3

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran