Author Topic: Maps in map  (Read 753 times)

Offline WildMakoto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Cursed, but not broken
    • View Profile
Maps in map
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:27:36 am »
I want to ask for help from people who are engaged in the creation of maps. I have big plans to create a whole chain of maps, but there was a problem with the supply of portals between the maps. The portals are set, write the name the right maps, but when the character  spawns then it appears not necessary near the portal, but somewhere in the side.. at the same time on the edge of the territory hangs more and the main portal... I went through everything, but did not understand what to do.

Help, please. :(
You picked up my pieces and put me together
My love's a token
Because of you I'm unbroken
I'm unbroken...
I'm unbroken...

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Maps in map
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 03:50:01 pm »
Link up your maps via the "gate" option in the map maker. The "has portal" set is for whatever map/s you'd like to have direct access to Cape. Also the portals/gates are best tested via in-game; the map maker will spawn you in where ever your camera happens to be when you select "test"
Farewell everyone<3

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:24:31 pm »
Hello, an easy way is to just place an object exactly where you'd like a character to spawn (in front of a portal I assume) just make sure you give the character plenty of space, as some people play big characters that may glitch back into the portal.

See where my cursor is? Thats the placement of the plant!  You can use this as a reference to where the character will spawn at.  Just write down those numbers to remember. 
However, this method doesn't give you the Yaw number.  So position your little camera thing right where the object is, lift it slightly above the ground and have it face away from the portal.  If it's too close to the ground, the model may spawn beneath the earth.  If it's facing the portal, the model may spawn facing the portal.

After the camera is positioned, look at the bottom right of your screen where all the numbers are to get the yaw position.  That number is the fourth number you will enter in after you've entered in the other three sets of numbers from the object coordinates.

After you have four sets of numbers (three from object coordinates and then the Yaw you got from positioning the camera) simply delete the object.  Make sure the coordinates you took note of are in order, yaw being the last number entered on the portal.

Then, you'll open the other map you're wishing the character to go through to find the portal that will spawn them at that point you just wrote down, and just click on the portal that that map belongs to, the one they're going through to spawn at that point like I said.  Make sure "Select Type" under the controls panel is set to "Gate."  If the gate isn't selected, the coordinates will not save to the portal!

Here's the portal selected with the plant coordinates plus the Yaw I got from positioning the camera over the plant.  I rounded up the numbers, you'll have to do that because there is a character limit and you won't get every decimal in.

I just wanted to add on because I know how frustrating linking maps is.  Hope that helped!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline WildMakoto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Cursed, but not broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 11:44:50 am »
Thanks Your very much! I will try! *w*

I have been working with single cards for a long time, so I really wanted to do something big, with transitions to other places, so I will fight until I reach the ideal option.

Thanks again! :3
You picked up my pieces and put me together
My love's a token
Because of you I'm unbroken
I'm unbroken...
I'm unbroken...