Poll

Yes? No?

Yes
57 (90.5%)
No
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Offtopic Debate Board  (Read 15092 times)

Rak$ha

Re: Offtopic Debate Board
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »
Seems like people want this lol I'm still unsure tho

Offline Cynder-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAAZZAARRDAFGNADJFADG
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 06:38:39 pm »
I gotta vote yes. :3

Offline TannerWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • minceraft
    • SekiiRei
    • Zanekai
    • SekiiRei
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:04 am »
Aye, a debate board sounds like the PERFECT idea. Instead of having little debate threads posted around the forum, in off-topic places, and sometimes causing fights, yes, a forum of its own is the perfect idea.

I'd suggest the board having its own separate rules from the main forum, also. Since, you know, it is a 'Debate' board, and yes, arguments WILL happen. Say an argument does break out, usually people would get a warning, or something, and well, that's not good. In the Debate board, there could possibly a rule for arguing, say, arguing is allowed, but to a certain extent, like, not too rough, keep foul language to a minimum, or better, censor it, etc etc. If you catch my drift.

Or, say, have a child board for politics, say, so the adults here on FeralHeart would also have a board of their own, away from the more younger children. Maybe, possibly, a smaller board for those looking for help, with say, personal issues, to cheer up, or to get help with personal, off-FeralHeart issues.
Also, maybe another child board for concerns. Y'know, about world issues, say, like the Japan earthquake, or the Joplin tornado.

I should really stop suggesting, I'm bombarding you, aren't I? xD

purrito

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:41 pm »
Mini-mods sound like a good idea, although I think the staff could easily cover it.

Isn't that what we're here for anyway? xD

Offline Kharress

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • The sun'll come out tomorrow ? ?
    • View Profile
    • Here, you can browse my crummy art. x]
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 08:51:16 pm »
I think this is a good idea, as long as the mini-mods are active and very watchful! If they aren't, things could get very out of hand... which is my only con for this, other than having it start up more issues with bullying and harassment because some people can't distinguish the fine very fine line between debating, and fighting.
[[These scars we wear remind us; the more we change, the more we're all the same.]]

Offline TannerWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • minceraft
    • SekiiRei
    • Zanekai
    • SekiiRei
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 11:18:39 pm »
Aye, if the mini-mods don't get on a lot, and keep watch, fights could happen and things COULD possibly get bad... We don't want that.
It really wouldn't be good.

The White Lion

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »
Indeed! Definitely yes, sounds GREAT!

Rukata

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 02:27:20 pm »
I say yes to this.

As others have said, as long as there are mods watching it, it should be fine. Also, I wish it could count to post count, since I will be visiting it very often if one is put up. I would say there should be a way to perhaps downvote something someone says, which could draw attention for the mods, like they get a message saying that the discussion may be getting heated. However, since such a power could easily be abused, it wouldn't work. I mean, anyone who disagreed with that person would downvote, it would be a nightmare.

The thing is, what if a mod watching the board doesn't like someone's post, or the entire thread? Could they just delete it and everyone except those who created it would be fine with it? Well, there is no real answer to this possible problem for later. You could make it so mods could only move a topic away in the board, for the other mods to view it and decide democratically if it should be put back. They should, however, be able to add notes onto the posts (assuming that allowing them to only move is done, which is unlikely to me) that way, they can tell people, "Hey guys, turn down the heat or the thread will be moved." Of course, I have no idea what the limitations of these board types are, so it's probably not doable.

So, I still say yes, all things considered.

Edit: Forgot to mention: If a debate board is added, at the very least a spoiler button should be added as well, for those who discuss games and the like in this board - that way.. well, people won't be spoiled. Plus, it could be useful in other areas of the forum, like image threads. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 05:02:38 am by Rukata »

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:13 pm »
I think there would be a lot of older members who would be willing to take on the job as mini-mod for this board, if the ones right ow, aren't on enough. I really want this to happen.