Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Suggestions & Ideas

A Really Long List of Forum Suggestions/Ideas

(1/4) > >>

turtlies:
Hello!

I’ve been keeping a list of ideas that I think could improve the Feralheart website and forum. I’ve had this written up for a while and its just been sitting in my Google Docs for months now, but with the moderator changes that have happened, I figured it might be a good time to bring these up! Some have been recommended many times before by different people, others I’ve never seen suggested before, but I wanted to list everything I thought could have a positive impact.

Feel free to share your thoughts on anything here! I’d love to discuss, as long as it's done respectfully :)
General Improvements:

Weekly Showcase
Each week (or maybe more infrequently, since the game’s fairly small), include a showcase of some members’ presets, maps, or any other creations they’ve made for FH. With permission granted obviously.

Update “Log”
A simple update log somewhere that would include any information regarding updates, server downtime, etc. Communication between staff and members has been a big issue for years now, this could be another way to help give more information on what’s going on behind the scenes.

This seems to have been at least partially implemented in the login-page with the news category.

Thank you for reading through! Although I might have been a bit curt in a few of the explanations, I’m really not trying to insult any of the staff. I don't know how the site works, so I don't know if a few of these suggestions are impossible or not, but I'm just throwing the ideas out there! And, of course, these aren't urgent ideas. I realize the staff are busy and can't spend all their time on stuff like this, but that's no reason these can't be implemented sometime off in the future ;)

I'd love to hear if anyone agrees with these or has anything else to add!

BirdyBlu:
I like many of these ideas, as for the art thread's i believe one is for Feralheart related things, and the other for any random art (non related) to the game, I think its best to keep them seperate. I'd much prefer being able to see all the feralheart related pieces and not have to scroll through a bunch of other random art. It just makes it easier for those who don't wish to see things that don't involve this specific game.
Thank you for your input! Some Great idea's in this thread.

Likuu:
This is all very interesting, I agree with a lot of this honestly. I think a liking system, showcases and MORE contests would be amazing! Tagging would be nice as well so we could get notifications when someone responds to your post or something. Notifications in general.

Honestly, if we could use Proboards for the forum, it would give us a lot more to use, and theres PLENTY of different templates and such we could use. A nice simple layout, and coding there is fairly easy! Banners could be done and theres a bunch of neat crazy 'plugins' we can use!

I also do miss having a Banner, feel like it'd spice the site up a bit more, personally I don't have too much of an issue with our site right now, but maybe a MASS cleanup on the site could be done? Merge some boards so we aren't searching for a long period of time, possibly rid old threads from 2016 and lower? But as I said before, the forum isn't too bad in my opinion, way better than the last one we had honestly! But a like system, tagging or a better way for "notifications" would be neat!!!

My main request = more contests please!! I'd love a chance to do more stuff with the community, events in general, movie nights again and all that! I'd totally be all for a Map contest and character contest!

Calvary:
I actually thank you for this, Torksite. I'm sure this will be really helpful to the staff when we need a list of things to improve or fix. We've been scouring the boards and looking at some ideas, so thank you for compiling this! <3

PrettyReckless:
We will keep this in mind and discuss it with Raz when he is back after the weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version