Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Suggestions & Ideas

What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?

(1/5) > >>

Bawfle:
Share your thoughts, ideas, and maybe even share what you like about other game sites/forums and why you think FH would benefit from it.

Knock yourselves out my dudes.

Azurain:
Def need a cleanup first of all. All the random dots and bland looks just...ech. We also need an actual theme instead of just brown and gold. II honestly think the forums need things like nice artwork and pictures and more colors to make it more lively. Something community driven as well such as art from members or something. Basically things that have been discussed so much at this point it's a wonder why none of these have even remotely been started.

turtlies:
*cracks knuckles* I was just talking about this on Discord, but I'll share some of my thoughts:

-Remove the gradients. This game is already getting up there in age, 2000's website gradients is NOT helping it.
-Have a recognizable and consistent color scheme. The old forum's color scheme of yellow/orange on black wasn't the greatest but it was still recognizable and very... Feralheart. These weird inconsistent browns don't really do much.
-Back to basics. Old forum design was imperfect but worked well enough. It was simplistic, so I think more of a return to that simplicity would work.
-More naturalistic kinda graphics from before. For example, the banner up top with the yellow scratchy lines---works very well with FH's theme. More of the paw icons.
-This one's been talked about to death but: banners.
-Get those DISGUSTING orange dots out of here. Absolutely PUTRID. Kidding, but man they're annoying and interfere with text.
-Generally, important information should be a bit more accessible and... in your face. Key thing being the login-page. Yeah, Play Game is on the banner up top, but I think there should be more info pointing to the fact that you NEED to open that in order to access the server.
-Update the home page. Pretty barren atm. Not really the most descriptive or persuasive description... maybe a couple screenshots or something to spice it up?
-Boxes should line up. I love me some rounded corners, but not when the borders are inconsistent, boxes overlap, and some randomly just don't follow the same theme. Prime example of my anger about this being near the top of the page where it shows your avatar and says Feral Heart, those boxes are WACK.
-This is VERY minor and doesn't bother me all that much, however, it is more of a professional thing that should be consistent. The spelling of Feralheart. Some pages say Feral Heart, others FeralHeart, Feralheart, Feral-Heart... super minor thing, but I'll throw it out there.
-Not sure how far they can be edited: but MY GOD THE EMOJIS ARE AWFUL. AT LEAST FIX THE PIXELS.  :o 8) :P :D come on we can support smooth edges without white pixels in 2019 can't we

Sorry this isn't written too eloquently, just throwing all my thoughts out there that I have off the top of my head.

Ellen11v:
It’s funny because I talked about this when I submitted to the updated staff anon survey  ;D

I’ll edit this comment later guys.

Edit:
- Remove those orange dots at the profile panel, please.
- Can screenshots of the month be a thing? And then use those screenshots for a head banner that could be at top of the forum/site?
- Make news moving text even more visible. Sometimes that's just not the first thing you notice on the page. Perhaps make them bold? Make the text "News" highlighted or have a banner behind?
- Make the background color of the forum black again as it is more practical to have a color that let's you have it easier to read dark text. Text that is darker than this dark brown background color is a problem. But that's just a personal preference, I guess.
- Make it enjoyable to change the forum's look; Why not create a symbolic or deformed button for each forum section? Let me show you an example:

Valar.Morghulis:
Adding banners and possibly some artwork again to the top, I really miss that. Maybe seasonal banners from contest winners. I pretty much agree with everyone else that these dots need to yeet from here xD. Having badges (contest winners, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Birthdays, etc...).
I wanna keep the forum a solid color for the most part, so everything can be more organized and clean looking, but with slight changes to colors, I’d personally switch brown parts with something more grey-ish, light grey looking. Only so that we can focues more on user profiles and text. Remove those flower looking things on the Index and possibly add smaller pawpads instead of them.
Add the feature that showed how many people were in public maps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version