News & Official Information > News Archives

To clear a few things up..

(1/6) > >>

PrettyReckless:
Helpline/Censorship
To clear up the whole "Censorship" issue, Razmirz didn't choose to remove the helpline thread because of the user posting it.
FeralHeart simply does not want to be held responsible if a user doesn't get help.
The mental help works in very many different ways, depending on the country you're in.
We've got nobody who is educated to advice in such a situation what anyone should do.
Therefore, we feel we should not make posts that seem like official advice, as it may misguide our users.

GDPR Law/Deleting accounts
To set records straight regarding the apparent breach of the GDPR law.
Once a user is banned, we have the right to refuse the said account to be deleted.
This is because we are actively using that information to uphold the ban.
Once the ban ceases, the user is more than welcome to delete their account.

For further information on this policy, please look HERE

LordSuragaha:
I would like to express my utmost gratitude to you all for your patience. The reason I took so long to respond is to make sure I approached you all with a clear well rested mind. It wasn’t my intention to make you feel as though you were being ignored or as if I was avoiding the issue. Anyone who knows me around here knows I’m rarely one to not be outspoken about matters, and that includes my own mistakes and short comings.

The recent tensions that arose are a result of actions I took against fellow community members a few days ago.

I considered my actions as a justified response to thwart a further escalation of the events at the time. Having had more time to personally reflect on the matter I believe I could have responded in a way that was positive and more well deserving for everyone involved. While I did consult with the team on the matter it was I who made the final decision to orchestrate things. I acted against my better judgment and for that I am deeply ashamed. I know I could have done better to protect the rest of the staff and community from needless trouble and upset. My actions reflected poorly not just on my own judgement but had the additional consequence of negatively representing my team and what we stand for.

As a member of staff since 2012 I made a pledge to serve and protect the community, but as of recently I have failed to do such and for that I am deeply sorry. I’m aware that it is not enough to simply apologize though. While I acknowledge my mistake I must work hard to learn from it and look to do better in the future, and that is what I intend to do from today onward. As a start, the undeserving bans will be lifted.

I’m sorry to all those I have let down and hurt.

I respect if some of you decide not to accept my apology or have lost trust in me. I deserve that. But even still that will not stop me from working to renew myself for you.

LaughingWolf:
I'm pretty sure most of those removals were for years and I'm pretty sure, that holding onto that information when asked for it to be deleted, is illegal. Regardless of the reason that party wants it removed, you don't get to keep it.

The breach was when one of you decided to show off that information, not the fact you'd had access to it. That much is known as you're moderation staff.

Secondly, the thing about a self help thread like that, is it isn't so much advice as it is equal access for those who can't access them otherwise. Whether that be due to familial-pressure, inability to seek help in other traditional means. They were ONLY a reference, not advice-giving. That post was a "Here is this info in case you need it," not a "You should probably use this info if you're ... " there is a large difference between the two. How the hell would anyone even track that down anyway? Prove that they looked at an obscure forum post and not get help? That just.. the logic behind that still confounds me.

The fact that it took y'all 6mos to notice it was even there, is just amusing to me. It just shows how dead the forums really are. I'm not even requesting you reinstate the information. I just think that's a stupid reason to remove it.

As for you, Sura, the jury is still out on that. Decisions were made, actions were taken, and you can't take that back, even if you do reinstate some of those users. Your trust is gone at this point.

Bloo.:
I think an important thing to take away from part of this is that Sura apologized, she reversed the bans, and we are all trying to move forward. I know this apology may not be accepted because yes, decisions and actions were made that can't be taken back in an emotional capacity, but for now we need to continue to try and push ahead~

wolfdog01:
Thank you staff for letting us know something. Not everyone will accept the apologies and explanations they have been asking for, but I think it was good of ya'll to come out and say something about it. FH is still alive as long as there are people to play it. People make mistakes and this game is not a matter of life or death, but hopefully some people will be satisfied enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version