Author Topic: Mod applications  (Read 1637 times)

Groogle

Mod applications
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:40 am »
How come the FH Staff team doesn't give staff titles through applications? I noticed its more of an approachable gesture...

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: Mod applications
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:55:58 am »
i think it's because.. ig earlier on when the game was more active this would've been more of a problem but getting flooded with spam/people who just want the position to abuse power etc.
staff seem to be chosen by observation of forum/game activity/helpfulness and so far it's gotten fairly consistent results without somebody having to file through application after application.
just my take on it though.

[i have a feeling if they DID implement a application system that.. should drama crop up again.. well.. there are some people who've proven that they think being spammy and whiney actually promotes change. wouldn't really help remedy any situation and instead draw focus away from whatever issue might be going down. again. just my two cents on it.]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:57:40 am by Telluric »
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 06:24:37 pm »
This is actually a common practice, because in general the best people to moderate a game are those who don't seek a position or title. If someone truly has the best interests of a game and it's community in mind, they will do all they can to help said game and it's community without having a position or title. Which is exactly the sort of people that would make good mods. In contrast, those who seek a position or title are generally seen as seeking power rather than what's best for a game and its community.

Groogle

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 06:37:59 pm »
Ah, I see.

Thank you!

SpicyDirt

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 07:52:33 pm »
As someone who has gone through the process before, I can tell you that is is through hard work and dedication for the game along with the desire to do what is best for a whole community. Someone who is constantly helpful, friendly, and outgoing are generally what they look for. Generally if someone straight up asks to be a staff member, they will be turned down, so if someone is interested they want you to not change a single thing about yourself and just remain a positive influence!