Game & Forum Discussion > Game Polls

Language Rule

(1/10) > >>

Rak$ha:
No matter what, any language will be allowed in at least Local chat.
Thing is, not every in-game mod understands any other language, other than English.
So, because of this, other games are limited to english only.
But should FH be like that? No.
Other languages will always be allowed in FH, although... Should any language be allowed in General?
It annoys most english speakers and it annoys some mods when they can't understand what someone says when they speak a different language in General.

English should be the only language allowed in General, no?

Zaroque:
I've seen a  few debates about this In-game Rak$ha, all of them have turned out to: English only. Because Foreign languages sometimes SPAM up the General.
Voting English, I have nothing against other people though, its just that General should really be kept clean and just simple with one language.
^ A lot of people will disagree with me though, but thats just my general though.

Ruby1234:
I am the only one so far voting any language. :-\

I believe any language should be allowed. It's anyone's fault that they can't speak English, it's not fair. If you get annoyed, TURN GENERAL OFF. Some people think it spams up the the chat, I disagree.

Spam (Verb):
"Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

Being such, I believe it's not spam. They are simply talking.

I know almost everyone will disagree, but this is my opinion.

Zaroque:

--- Quote from: xRubyx on July 24, 2011, 06:04:39 pm ---I am the only one so far voting any language. :-\

I believe any language should be allowed. It's anyone's fault that they can't speak English, it's not fair. If you get annoyed, TURN GENERAL OFF. Some people think it spams up the the chat, I disagree.

Spam (Verb):
"Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

Being such, I believe it's not spam. They are simply talking.

I know almost everyone will disagree, but this is my opinion.

--- End quote ---

Well, I do agree with you in a sense, Ruby. But generally I would guess the majority of people speak English on FH (Correct me if I am wrong) and even if they where foreign and know how to speak English. But also, English people SPAM up general to, so generally Foreign and English speakers might HAVE to change to turning General off.
^ I wrote this quickly without a lot of thought, it might be confusing or rough.

Ruby1234:

--- Quote from: Zaroque on July 24, 2011, 07:17:36 pm ---
Well, I do agree with you in a sense, Ruby. But generally I would guess the majority of people speak English on FH (Correct me if I am wrong) and even if they where foreign and know how to speak English. But also, English people SPAM up general to, so generally Foreign and English speakers might HAVE to change to turning General off.
^ I wrote this quickly without a lot of thought, it might be confusing or rough.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, English people do spam, most of it's English people anyways.
I just don't see why (this isn't at you, you're simply stating your opinion, not making a huge deal) some people make a HUGE deal about people speaking another language, it's not spam, and then they don't even care about English spam.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version