Author Topic: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) NOT 1.17 COMPATABLE YET  (Read 191183 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
Re: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) Updated Jan 2017
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2017, 07:13:38 pm »
Ah yes I recall there being an issue with enb before I don't use enb I don't even run windows so I've not had an dealings with it.
On its first run it should rename presets to privatepresets so you shouldn’t need to do anything? the presets directory itself becomes a dynamic area it shouldn’t need to be touched?
Could you explain the folder issue?
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline iico

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2017, 08:43:42 pm »
Ah yes I recall there being an issue with enb before I don't use enb I don't even run windows so I've not had an dealings with it.
On its first run it should rename presets to privatepresets so you shouldn’t need to do anything? the presets directory itself becomes a dynamic area it shouldn’t need to be touched?
Could you explain the folder issue?

The folder issue is part of the ENB problem :) I tried to move the Feralheart folder to a different drive / different folder on my computer to try and fix the ENB issue. I didn't mess with the presets directory at all.
I haven't encountered any problems with the preset sync itself, though! Can see the uploaded presets just fine :)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2017, 11:49:09 pm »
Ah thanks for clarifying

Also I've just updated the sync noticed a small bug which means "dead" presets wouldn’t get removed.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline FeedMeTacos

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) Updated Feb 2017
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2017, 02:44:41 am »
For safe, You did not want it no more how would you get ride of it?

Offline razmirz

• Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2017, 03:15:57 am »
I'm going to assume you have a problem with it?

First I suggest you try the latest version. It solves the sometimes long waits for the game to start.

If you really want to remove it though you need to delete the presets and publicpresets folders. then rename privatepresets back to presets. once you have done that rerun the games installer again and it will put back the rest of the files.

Offline razmirz

• Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2017, 03:42:49 am »
I'm going to double post here ah well...

PEOPLE TELL ME IF YOUR SYNC IS SHOWING ERRORS

I've had little or no feedback for this yet I know people are downloading it.

The latest version fixes a bug that causes the presets to be redownloaded over and over.

And clears up some removal errors if you have a load of stuff in privatepresets.

It;s also faster again!

Let me know how you get on

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2017, 03:51:14 am »
I've actually seen an increase in the game loading time, it's a lot faster than it was, so thanks for that!
I haven't experienced any bugs myself, but hey, that's only me

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline iico

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • SVTURNVL
    • SVTURNVL
    • snarpo
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2017, 03:55:30 am »
Before this update I had a bunch of files in PrivatePresets and after it loaded the new presets it would list the presets in that folder. It said "Could Not Find [preset]" and it yelled at me to update, but it didn't seem to effect the game, that was the only error that I ever got. I just tried it and it loads a lot faster for me x)
Before it closes I see two "File not found" and it also says some other things really quickly but I can't see it or screenshot it fast enough. It still seems to work though.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2017, 05:24:47 am »
I tried this out now that it's updated. It was easy and it didn't give me any errors, awesome job with this! :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline razmirz

• Immortal Legend
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2017, 02:55:59 pm »
@sammy The sync now checks if any files have been uploaded before it checks them. This skips a lot of checks most of the time. When someone does add or update one though it will still check through all the presets for updates. I'm still looking at solutions for this.

@iico would I be right in guessing you have no presets in your private presets folder? If that's the case those two errors are where it's trying to merge the presets from that folder.

Thanks for the feedback