Author Topic: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) NOT 1.17 COMPATABLE YET  (Read 190470 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
I know this is pretty dead but I uploaded my preset to preset sync and my friend downloaded it and they cant see my preset. Help?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
I know this is pretty dead but I uploaded my preset to preset sync and my friend downloaded it and they cant see my preset. Help?

Has your friend restarted their game client? A restart must be done in order to receive recently uploaded presets from the sync.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile

Has your friend restarted their game client? A restart must be done in order to receive recently uploaded presets from the sync.

You mean closed everything out (including the login page) and opened it back up again? Yes.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
You mean closed everything out (including the login page) and opened it back up again? Yes.

Make sure that you are logging into the game with the same 'case' letters as what your preset file is. FeralHeart presets are case-sensitive and will not appear to other people or sometimes even yourself if your preset was exported with a lowercase first letter of your username and then if you log in with an upper case first letter of your username.
For example: You had a preset that was exported as: wolflover224_4.fhp and log in as Wolflover224    The preset will not appear to others because the letter cases are different.

I peeked in my PublicPresets folder which houses all of the presets downloaded from the sync and I found your preset in there. It was named "wolflover224_4.fhp" with a lowercase "w" as shown. That could likely be your problem if you are logging into the game with an uppercase "W".
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile

Make sure that you are logging into the game with the same 'case' letters as what your preset file is. FeralHeart presets are case-sensitive and will not appear to other people or sometimes even yourself if your preset was exported with a lowercase first letter of your username and then if you log in with an upper case first letter of your username.
For example: You had a preset that was exported as: wolflover224_4.fhp and log in as Wolflover224    The preset will not appear to others because the letter cases are different.

I peeked in my PublicPresets folder which houses all of the presets downloaded from the sync and I found your preset in there. It was named "wolflover224_4.fhp" with a lowercase "w" as shown. That could likely be your problem if you are logging into the game with an uppercase "W".

i log into the game with a lowercase w.

Offline Germinator

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Pink Wolfie
    • https://www.deviantart.com/germi
    • View Profile
Soooo, I have some presets in the sync I don't want anymore. I removed them how I normally do. I delete the .fhp from everything! Then, I export the preset again and put it in sync. I tried that, and the old preset would come back. Is there any way to remove my presets from the sync? Would I have to uninstall the sync and reinstall it?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Soooo, I have some presets in the sync I don't want anymore. I removed them how I normally do. I delete the .fhp from everything! Then, I export the preset again and put it in sync. I tried that, and the old preset would come back. Is there any way to remove my presets from the sync? Would I have to uninstall the sync and reinstall it?

If you mean others still see your old preset, it could just take some time to update. They could also have your old preset lurking around in their files somewhere.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Germinator

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Pink Wolfie
    • https://www.deviantart.com/germi
    • View Profile

If you mean others still see your old preset, it could just take some time to update. They could also have your old preset lurking around in their files somewhere.

I don't know if others still see them, but I still see them. They'll magically come back, even when I've put another preset over it already. I don't know if the file is permanently in the sync or not?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Sounds like you might have an old .fhp in one of the 3 preset (presets, PrivatePresets, PublicPresets) folders that it's using... I had this issue with someone else's preset and ended up having to delete the 3 folders and re-open fh to re-download all the presets again so that they were updated.

Actually I've been wondering myself why it puts all the presets in ALL three folders? O.O
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile

How is this made without the source code? Or do we have a computer whiz staff member who accessed it? :)
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.