Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 116556 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 03:34:50 am »
If you want to join the game that much this will not be an issue, might not be fair if you compared to the members that joined earlier and is already a member, but they were in fact here before this change was done.

Other than that every single user that wants to sign up from now on will be in the same boat so I wouldn't use the word unfair here. Not to mention that maybe now users will stop hoarding accounts and account names that they never even use.

This is a nice change to try out and even though it will be a lot more complicated to sign up nowadays it seems to be for the better.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:08:17 am »
Just a suggestion but maybe you guys should consider putting either a link to this thread somewhere where the new comers can read it straight away or some kind of message in general that explains this since I believe no one can access the forum to read this or any post for that matter unless they have an account. I think it would calm down the tension to any of the new comers who keep coming on here and only getting the "Registration Closed, Try Later" message and maybe never get lucky at catching it at a time that's open. It's always nice to have an explanation for stuff like this because I know if I was one of those current new comers I would be pretty frustrated if I didn't know why I kept getting that message.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:16:59 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:49 am »
since I believe no one can access the forum to read this or any post for that matter unless they have an account.

You don't have to have an account to be able to get on the forum or read this message though.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 04:19:58 am »
Sorry maybe it's just me then cause I constantly get a sign in error message when I try to access the forum without signing in. I see all the "guest" viewers but I can never get on to read anything unless I sign in. The screen is all black with limited viewing. I can PM you a screenshot if you like. Either way I still think this message should be a little more in their face because I doubt most new comers will go through all the effort to search the forum.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:24:07 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline GucchiOxygen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I know the things not worth being known that are
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:28 am »
Yes, the same thing is happening to me. I always have to sign in before I see the forum posts.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 04:57:29 am »
Even though the majority of members that doesn't see this message in the first place wouldn't check up much closer on the surroundings anyways it is not a bad idea trying to highlight this a bit more no doubt.

Though I'm afraid this is not enough, the only thing that truly would be would be doing something like we did back in January this year when we wanted to inform the players of the new rules we were going to enforce which was to take down the game server for a whole week and posting big letters at the game server player counter advising users to check out a certain thread.

However, we will gladly add a notice to the news banner for the upcoming days, but I'm very certain most of the things we'd try the regular way wouldn't be enough to ensure everyone got the message. Will try to sort something out non the less.

///////////////////////////////////////

Regarding the not being able to see the posts, this is not the case, I tried this myself on another browser which I'm not even logged in on and this displayed the forum just fine, and I know my laptop usually does this as well. You should probably get that checked up cause the forum is open for anyone, the thing you cannot do as a guest is posting in the threads. But if there's continued issues for you this wouldn't be the place to keep that conversation going and it should be issues on your side, not the forum xD
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline XxFishyxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 05:48:04 am »
This thread doesnt seem to be very local, I tried checking it in the board and I didnt see it, you have to be linked here to look at it. Or maybe its just me.
You call it insane...
I think of it more like, mentally creative.

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 05:55:29 am »
Last FH update was 9 months ago, site authentication is broken (Hello random logouts!), pages are full of ads that make my browser sluggish... New registration limitations will make FH better, indeed! :(

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:13 am »
This thread doesnt seem to be very local, I tried checking it in the board and I didnt see it, you have to be linked here to look at it. Or maybe its just me.
Yeah guess I'm not the only one quite a few other people that I RP with tell me the same thing. I respect what you said Red and know we shouldn't keep this conversation up here so forgive me for doing so with this final post but maybe you guys should look into this because I'm curious about this now because I know it's no problem with my browser either. I usually have no complaints about the forum or the game but when i do finally it's always for a legit reason. But anyway thank you for the straight forward answer. I promise not to add on anymore to this subject.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:45:08 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 11:30:55 am »
Thanks! The game isn't so laggy anymore! :D
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3