Author Topic: Sign my petition to change the registration system?  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: Sign my petition to change the registration system?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »
what stuff can be changed

uh, have you even read the post?
A public registration schedule. Maybe like, open 1 day a week but hey! At least we know.

I have but i was expecting more than that since you ranted so loud.
Well if it it just that, yes i agree with you. That is a thing that can be changed and probably would bring in more players.
I believe many potential players just leave the idea to play FH since they dont have the chance to register due to the unforeseen time it opens.

Offline Melophobia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 01:17:30 am »
Donations are not allowed because the original developer KovuLKD didn't want his game to be funded by it.

Like it or not, the developer is gone, he left the game to die without the source code. The game is not going to be funded, the servers can be. The servers are seperate from the game. The donations, in theory, would not be to create new assets, or edit the code. Just support the servers.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 03:02:14 am »
Donations are not allowed because the original developer KovuLKD didn't want his game to be funded by it.

Like it or not, the developer is gone, he left the game to die without the source code. The game is not going to be funded, the servers can be. The servers are seperate from the game. The donations, in theory, would not be to create new assets, or edit the code. Just support the servers.
It's still his game and we have to respect that. He's credited for a reason.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 01:16:40 pm »

I know you may be in a bad mood now, but you should be more respectful and grateful for KovuLKD. He gave Razmirz access to continue hosting the server. And this is important too, Razmirz is still working hard to keep the server up and the game playable. He's not giving up on FH and leaving like he easily can if he wanted to. It's pure loyalty. Thank you.
Btw, I'm sorry if I sound hard and condescending, it had to be said.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:18:37 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Melophobia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 01:22:44 am »

I know you may be in a bad mood now, but you should be more respectful and grateful for KovuLKD. He gave Razmirz access to continue hosting the server. And this is important too, Razmirz is still working hard to keep the server up and the game playable. He's not giving up on FH and leaving like he easily can if he wanted to. It's pure loyalty. Thank you.

Why do every single one of you love to miss the point? Let me restate:
The game is not going to be funded, the servers can be. The servers are separate from the game. The donations, in theory, would not be to create new assets, or edit the code. Just support the servers. (And to hep out our beloved Razmirz)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 01:36:43 am »

The game is not going to be funded, the servers can be. The servers are separate from the game. The donations, in theory, would not be to create new assets, or edit the code. Just support the servers. (And to hep out our beloved Razmirz)

Honey, the servers are the game. Without a server, the game could not exist. In theory and in a physical form, yes. But there would be no players, no staff, no forum, no community. Ads on the site do help to keep the servers up and running and it's absolutely amazing how much you want to help! That's the kind of support from the community the game needs~

But donations wouldn't honestly be used. They couldn't possibly. I do love the idea of having a registration schedule, as member population has dropped significantly and we could use the increase, and perhaps someday that may be available!

You are amazing <3

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 08:35:14 pm »

This makes me curious; how do you know that? The game and none of its assets come with any kind of license document, so I find it difficult to be certain what any one of the author's wishes really are (excluding dynamic linked libraries here). My guess why donations are not taken is because of that very problem (lack of license), so staff assume that all rights are reserved (a safe bet), OR irrKlang's ambiguous non-commercial license persuades them to play it safe.

It is maybe counter-intuitive to think that donations can violate a non-commercial license (assuming here FeralHeart is under some variant of that, see question above). It can be seen as a form of indirect financial gain, unfortunately, since the donation button would likely be placed somewhere on this website, a website for FeralHeart.

Disclaimer; I'm not a lawyer, but that's the general gist I get of the situation and why you probably won't be seeing a donation button here any time soon.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 10:36:52 pm »
This makes me curious; how do you know that? The game and none of its assets come with any kind of license document, so I find it difficult to be certain what any one of the author's wishes really are (excluding dynamic linked libraries here). My guess why donations are not taken is because of that very problem (lack of license), so staff assume that all rights are reserved (a safe bet), OR irrKlang's ambiguous non-commercial license persuades them to play it safe.
Word of mouth. Tigg herself said that Kovu doesn't want his game to be funded. She's been here since the start and actually worked with him on both IT and this game.
The way FH is using the software and Ogre and music etc. pp. and the original creators rules/terms of use however forbid FH to get any money. Not even donations. It was and still is a topic that most likely comes up every now n then without a result. Back in the time as i administrated the game and forum we had these discussions a lot. And i really agree that donations can support the game.
However since that was not an option, staff had to look for another way and therefore the forum got ADs. So by clicking the ad´s you simply support the game x3 I dunno if anyone knows about this.

It sounds like the developer couldn't make money from FH because the software he used to create this game didn't allow it. Wanting to create free content for his audience may have also been a factor.