Author Topic: New World News section of the Discussion Board?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
New World News section of the Discussion Board?
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »
Would it be a bad idea if we created a World News board, or something similar, as part of the Discussion board? I created the SOPA thread because it does have some relevance to FH, in the way that it pertains to everything on the internet, but I saw another thread pop up on politics, and there are a few other non-internet/FH related issues that I believe would be helpful to promote.

Basic rules can be applied - nothing rude or hateful, nothing commercial... etc. The board would be to promote certain causes, provide information and ways for FH users to reach out and help; it would allow for younger users to be better aware of the world around them - since I doubt many of them will purposefully look into those issues on their own. It can also be for debate over politics or the like.

Would this type of board cause too much drama?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:06:48 pm by Lawcere »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: New World News section of the Discussion Board?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:41:24 am »
I do not really see a greater purpose of this.

One of the reason why I myself is against this idea is because we should not add sub board in places unless it's really needed. We do in fact have an offtopic discussion board.

We are a feralheart game community at heart and it's really what this whole place is about. Going from the top threads to Bottom.

News and updates(About FH)

Help(When it comes to the FHgame and our forum)
Rules an official information(Rules about the FHgame and site)

Game discussion(Discussion about FH)
Forum discussion(Discussion about our FH forum)

Introduction(New members in our FH community)
Member bios and journals(Yet again about all the FH members)
Feralheart radio(Radio stations dedicated to FH community)

General Roleplay(Feralheart Roleplay)
Characters(From FH)

Feralheart Media(as title says)
Feralheart Addons & mods(as title says)
Member made tutorials(For FH)

Contests(For the FH related contests or for the users participating in the FH community)

Offtopic board
Discussion
Media
Roleplay

This keeps everything well structured on this forum, but also keeps the focus on what it's all about. Throwing a world news board somewhere else BUT the offtopic section would really stand out in a place I personally don't see how it belongs, but also creating a new board on our forum that might not get used too much. We are a FH forum after all.

Maybe it would be possible to make a new sub board in the offtopic section for worldwide news discussions only, but even then I still kinda think the actual off topic discussion would work just fine. I spose if there's not enough activity within that board it could always be dropped and removed after some test period.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: New World News section of the Discussion Board?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:31:40 pm »
Maybe it would be possible to make a new sub board in the offtopic section for worldwide news discussions only, but even then I still kinda think the actual off topic discussion would work just fine. I spose if there's not enough activity within that board it could always be dropped and removed after some test period.

Having a sub-board within the Off-topic Discussion section is what I meant. :) Though I suppose you're right - there probably wouldn't be enough activity to warrant one. Thanks for the response anyway.