Author Topic: "Most Favorite Character" Contest  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
"Most Favorite Character" Contest
« on: July 17, 2018, 10:11:49 pm »
How many of you think it would be a good idea if the "Favorite Character Contest" did make a comeback?

I'm aware that most of the the Staff team is busy with their own projects and that contests and events do take quite a bit of time, work, effort and planning to organize. But I think this contest would put a little spotlight on some of the community's most favorited characters, and bring out some of the most fascinating stories kept behind them. It would encourage players to bond with their characters more, perhaps? Anyway, I think that the Staff team are on the right path with introducing new contests.

Favorite Character Contest

Members of the community are able to vote forward participants for their creativity on
coming up with an imaginative and compelling character. It would be fairly similar to
how the "Member of the Season" voting is done but with some requirements.

• Rules
    - Only one submission per user.
    - You may only submit your work.
    - All entries must be in on the day of the deadline.
    - All entries must be posted on the Submissions thread/Characters board/etc.

You must provide your character's name, gender, age, species, appearance, personality, background, and other general information (nicknames, likes, dislikes).
  • Guidelines
    - All species are accepted. Or maybe only canines and felines?
    - As for the appearance part, you should provide a brief description of your character and a screenshot of them in the game only wearing the default markings with no downloaded/custom markings and items. Maybe?
    - As for the personality part, you should list their talents, strengths and weaknesses, moral beliefs, likes and dislikes, and any other personal information you have considered. You want your reader to leave with an impression of who your character is as a person, not just what they look like.
    - As for the background part, you must provide a history or background created for your character.
  • Judged On
    - Creativity [How unique/creative your character is]
    - Usage [How well you take advantage of your character making skills]
    - Layout [How you represent your character in the topic and interpret it into a canine/feline body]?
    - Overview [The overall character biography]
  • Voting Process
    The Staff team will take all the entries and put them into a poll that the community votes for. The last stage is the "Winners," in which the Staff team reviews the highest voted members and compiles that into the Winners thread.

Please let me know your thoughts and comments on this!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:24:54 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: "Most Favorite Character" Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 10:28:28 pm »
I was actually discussing the return of this contest to someone the other day! I'd love to see this make a comeback with some improvements over the last time it was held. I think a contest like this could bring in a lot of entries as well, since almost anyone can enter without specific skills (compared to events like the preset contest or AMV contest, which were fun, but only people who were skilled in that specific area could really enter).

So, yeah, I definitely agree with seeing this contest return!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:31:47 pm »
I was actually discussing the return of this contest to someone the other day! I'd love to see this make a comeback with some improvements over the last time it was held. I think a contest like this could bring in a lot of entries as well, since almost anyone can enter without specific skills (compared to events like the preset contest or AMV contest, which were fun, but only people who were skilled in that specific area could really enter).

So, yeah, I definitely agree with seeing this contest return!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:36:44 pm »
Yas gurl, yaaas~
doing what i feel like

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 12:49:10 am »
That'd be fun! I'd like to see some of the members who can't make presets be able to have a fair chance among others with these fun contests.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

PocketMutt

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 02:00:51 am »
Definitely a fun idea ! Players really do care a lot about their characters and I'd argue character creation is what makes FH so loved in the first place. Having a competition like this would really draw a lot of people in ! I'd back this idea %100 !!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 11:19:53 pm »
Yas gurl, yaaas~
That'd be fun! I'd like to see some of the members who can't make presets be able to have a fair chance among others with these fun contests.
Definitely a fun idea ! Players really do care a lot about their characters and I'd argue character creation is what makes FH so loved in the first place. Having a competition like this would really draw a lot of people in ! I'd back this idea %100 !!

Thank you for your opinions!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:11:51 am by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu