Author Topic: Assigning Areas In Maps  (Read 1642 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Assigning Areas In Maps
« on: May 31, 2019, 08:15:29 am »
So, many others and myself have noticed that people tend to spend most of their time in the grounds for chat, advertising, everything, and tend to go to custom maps for roleplays. I thought maybe some people could take some iconic areas and make them represent places we used to have in the old maps.

This probably doesn't make much sense, but let me explain; Bonfire Island had certain locations you just went to for what you were doing, like Adoption Centers being close to the Ficho Tunnel portal and Mate Centers being in the middle area of the map. Fluorite Plains had many advertisers at "Stone Bridge" too.

My point is, certain areas just had certain people and purposes. Would some players be willing to get together and ask other players to do certain things in certain maps/places in those maps? I feel it'd be a lot better to separate those groups of people again, like Ficho having those creepypasta fans and people from fandoms being very talkative, Bonfire being where you went for a family in a short term pack, Fluorite being the place to advertise and raise that tiny family, etc?

I know my examples may sound stupid, but it really gave an interesting feel to the whole world. The idea I had is to ask people on certain days to go to certain spots, too, so that more learned about them. Like on Fridays, we'd head to the waterfalls in Cherika Valley, on Tuesdays it's the big middle pond in Ficho Tunnels, and we see who stays where the most?

I'm sorry if this sounds scattered, but I'd like to try this since players just don't go to maps like they used to. The new maps are so amazing, but seem to not get much love. If anyone would like to plan something like this, I'd be up to put times and locations in my signature.

Thank ye for readin'.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Assigning Areas In Maps
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:41:49 pm »
the thing is with how it was in the old maps that those 'areas' developed naturally and with no prompting

forcing it will probably not have the same effect.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:11:35 pm »
the thing is with how it was in the old maps that those 'areas' developed naturally and with no prompting

forcing it will probably not have the same effect.
Yeah, very good point. That's why I thought about simply going to those areas but seeing just who wants to stay there. But as you said, you can't force it and have the same feel.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:46:31 am by A.P.S. »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:20:50 pm »
I agree with Jango here. If we went through with this, various members would start to think they have a say in where people can and cannot be, thus leading to a lot of fighting and arguing. It would be best if these things develop on their own as they did last time.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 02:50:57 am »
I agree with Jango here. If we went through with this, various members would start to think they have a say in where people can and cannot be, thus leading to a lot of fighting and arguing. It would be best if these things develop on their own as they did last time.
True, it had just bothered me this hadn't happened already (maybe because I joined Feral-Heart back when these were already things that happened) and people tend to go to private maps, and since the list was removed, we can't see what those maps are. It said 90 people were online the other night, but there were maybe 20 people in the grounds, many AFK, and no one in the other maps.

Thank you two, by the way. It wouldn't work the same, plus many of those people from before are gone now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:52:30 am by A.P.S. »

Offline Shyh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:33:03 am »
I just recently redownloaded FH after about 5 years of not playing, and I do miss this phenomenon that happened with the old maps. There was always somewhere to go to find something to do. I've been trying to research the new equivalents to those spots, but it doesn't seem like they've formed which is really disappointing to me. I used to never pre-plan FH sessions. I would always just spontaneously logon and go find people in those token spots. It doesn't seem like that's plausible anymore...  :-\
Art Insta @scribbleshy