Author Topic: Why did you join FeralHeart? What is your story?  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Why did you join FeralHeart? What is your story?
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:25:25 am »
This is something that I am generally curious about; I would love to know, why YOU decided to join FeralHeart and what YOUR story is.

Was it through an Impressive Title server? Was it through YouTube? DeviantArt? Why did you decide to register? You may share as much or as little as you wish! Nothing is forced. <3

I did not find another post in Game Discussion regarding this so apologies if there is one and I will bump it if so. c;
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:29:22 am by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Why did you join FeralHeart? What is your story?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:43:44 am »
i wanted to watch an elite gamer's let's play of wolf quest and instead found a very 2012 esq sad fh music video.

now i'm here.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 03:44:38 am »
i think it was some cryptic combination of wolfquest, amvs and bereghostgaming videos? maybe? i honest to god don't know where i first exactly heard about the game but i remember knowing about other it servers and not really.. liking the "hunt for yo own items" aspect.. i'm lazy and impatient bc i'd been doing collectems in other games for y e a r s prior.
and it was like "hey u don't gotta do that here. i'm on board."

some kind of mix of that i think. 2013 was a long time ago.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 03:56:42 am »
i think it was some cryptic combination of wolfquest, amvs and bereghostgaming videos
BRO
ME TOO
WHAT THE HELL

bereghost was a staple in my house so when he played fh my young mind went inrjlwtwhtjwerhjlwer

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 06:22:08 am »
Like many people here, I started with playing on WolfQuest. I played it way back when multiplayer was first introduced, and the game was relatively rough. I was young and going through my wolf phase, so I google searched 'games like wolfquest' and FH was on a list of many games. I waited for days checking if registration was open, and slipped in the second it was. Funny how even after I left my online animal game phase FH always always seemed to stay -- so glad it did! <3

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 07:38:38 am »
YouTube videos probably, though I don't remember much from when I started.

<3

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 07:58:43 am »
Like many people here, I started with playing on WolfQuest. I played it way back when multiplayer was first introduced, and the game was relatively rough. I was young and going through my wolf phase, so I google searched 'games like wolfquest' and FH was on a list of many games. I waited for days checking if registration was open, and slipped in the second it was. Funny how even after I left my online animal game phase FH always always seemed to stay -- so glad it did! <3

Exactly how I joined!!!

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 08:31:52 am »
Yea as most of us here, I also played WolfQuest. I didn't have a registered account to play multiplayer so I just played the original version with those two maps. xD I think after I finished both maps a few times, I started to look for other games and found out about Feral Heart c: I didn't know about any IT servers, so FH is the first game after WQ that I found out about, if you don't include random online games like y8 and whatever kids used to play in my school.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:47:28 am by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 08:35:56 am »
I decided to look for animal-based games where you play as animals after losing almost all interest for games back in 2013. This loss of interest was caused by changes to a game I played before changing in ways I didn't like and I, being only an in-game user for that game, often felt ignored when it came to huge game-changing decisions. In 2014, I found FeralHeart and a new interest was sparked for me, a game where there is no set goal, quests or story because that is entirely up to the players to create? No grinding or training to become a high level player that could do the fun parts of the game? Creating not only characters, but skies, maps, presets (I can look like anything?!), and weather? For someone who was bored of the everyday -kill # whatever- or -you gotta be at least this lvl b4 do this- stuff, this was awesome! Since then my interest in other games returned, but FeralHeart still remains my most-played game.

In 2016 I decided to become part of the forum after the map-change patch happened, I was very afraid of it at first as I had little experience with forums before that time but now it's just "I wonder what's going on today? :D".
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

PocketMutt

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 02:59:45 am »
I used to almost exclusively spend my time on a site called scratch.mit.edu and eventually I stumbled across screenshots from the game that someone had uploaded.
I was also deep in my wolf-phase too, so I immediately wanted to play !
(I've actually never played WolfQuest, so it's always interesting to see how many people found FH because of WQ).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:01:42 am by PocketMutt »