Author Topic: Oof my preset file disappeared???  (Read 614 times)

Offline Wileyfangz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Sup
    • wileyfangs
    • wileyarts
    • View Profile
Oof my preset file disappeared???
« on: August 06, 2019, 01:56:19 pm »
Okay so I figured I'd go ahead and put this out here cuz it's been a while and I have no clue how to fix this
-chuckles nervously-

So a long while back I was struggling to get my presets together because I was newly joined and trying to get everything in order to work. But when the preset didn't turn out right, I deleted the files in the preset folder. Now...I'm p sure I messed something up majorly because now when I try putting new preset files within the folder, they don't even show up in preset maker anymore. Like the folder is gone completely within the game.

I'm not sure how to get it back or what even happened beyond me trying to delete the old files in it
but that folder is just not usable anymore I don't think. I tried to look for something similar to this in the threads so if you know how I messed up (and how to fix it) please lemme know ;; w ;;

Probably shouldn't have waited so long but oof.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Oof my preset file disappeared???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:16:33 pm »
I am not too keen on this sort of issue, but I do know that you can replace your preset folder with the original. You should be able to load them then. Here is a link to the original folders. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58064.0

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:13:16 pm »
What Morqque suggested would probably be an easy fix, but if you don't feel like doing all that you could copy and paste one of these
from a different folder.

Make sure if you do that, you rename the notepad to be the same number as the folder it's in. (ex. preset_2 moved to preset_3 would be renamed to preset_3)

After renaming the notepad, make sure you open the notepad and hit ctrl+h, this screen should pop up:

When that screen is up, type in the number 2 (or whatever number you are replacing) and replace it with the number of the folder you made. (ex. 2 would be replaced with 3)

If this doesn't help or is confusing what-so-ever, please do feel free to PM me! What Morqque suggested would be a quick and easy fix, I thought I'd comment here to give some feedback on this as well. If you happen to do what Morqque suggested, be careful you don't accidentally replace the wrong things!
artwork by dehvina

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:39:54 am »
Like the folder is gone completely within the game.

Some things I know that could cause that would be an incorrectly typed folder name or .material name as well as an incorrectly typed body part name within the .material file. (all in the my_presets folder.)

Spelling is very important with preset stuff. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.