Author Topic: Mods errors?  (Read 689 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Mods errors?
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:28:57 pm »
Before the update I had a lot of custom mods(markings and items and animations) now most of them don't work and the only way to play the game seems to be vanilla which takes the fun of modding away .n.
Will these be fixed? I really have no interest in the vanilla game, half the reason I played was to mod it on my own time and on my own maps.
I wish I could play FH pre the update :(

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Mods errors?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:44:06 pm »
It depends on the types of mods that you had. I know that the current versions of legendary markings/items works fine, and animations made before 1.16 had to be updated. There is a thread full of them that were modded to work with 1.17 https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66604.0

Textures and ENB mods still work, as far as I've seen.

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Mods errors?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:07:05 am »
It is possible to edit certain mods so that they're compatible with the new update, but it all depends on how much you know regarding the game's files and what kind of mods you wish to use. If you're using the current items and markings pack as Morqque said, then there shouldn't be a problem unless you've installed them wrong. Other mods such as the GUI interfaces can have problems with the new update, but they can be edited so that they work, which is what had to happen with my custom interface after the update.

Which markings and items pack are you using? If you're not using the legendary packs then that could be the reason they're not working for you.