Author Topic: Any hope at all? [SOLVED]  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Any hope at all? [SOLVED]
« on: March 15, 2020, 05:53:21 pm »
Hi all. I've been gone for almost a whole year now because I have not been able to log into the game. I can log in through the log in page, but it never connects to the game.

I have tried:
Reinstalling the game
No mods or anything
Turned off all three of my firewalls
Made sure my proxy's were turned off
Cleared my cache, browser history, and cookies
Totally reset my Chrome browser
Totally reset my network connection
Tried restarting my router
Tried restarting my computer
Contacted my ISP about it

I've probably tried everything in the book, but I'm kinda desperate. I really want to play again, and I just wanted to see if there was anything I could have missed. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:02:51 pm by Lark »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Any hope at all?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 06:44:34 pm »
If using an archaic browser doens't help you, then much like the thread i'll link to here https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=67693.10
You might just be stuck until whatever (sometimes thought to be a server bug) is fixed.
(I used to use this, but you wouldn't want to visit any other sites with it, and make sure your anti-virus is functioning https://firefox-3.en.softonic.com/  As i didn't find a 2008 version of opera browser)
Or some people use an offshoot of chrome called 'brave'?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:46:11 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 07:35:41 pm »
If using an archaic browser doens't help you, then much like the thread i'll link to here https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=67693.10
You might just be stuck until whatever (sometimes thought to be a server bug) is fixed.
(I used to use this, but you wouldn't want to visit any other sites with it, and make sure your anti-virus is functioning https://firefox-3.en.softonic.com/  As i didn't find a 2008 version of opera browser)
Or some people use an offshoot of chrome called 'brave'?

Tried both of those browsers and it didn't work. I'm thinking it's probably a thing with my IP addresses not matching up, but I can't figure out how to find that out.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:43:13 pm »
Hello! Do you happen to have any special characters in your user/password? Special characters don't really work anymore. Also, if you have any numbers then make sure you don't use your number pad. c:

You could always try to see if changing your user/password could help, but it could very-well be the same issue that many other members are currently experiencing with the login page, like Kuri said.

Hope everything works out for you!!

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 01:23:25 am »
This won't exactly help fix the problem, but is there any other wifi you can test it on? Cafe? McDonald's? I don't know if you're willing/able to try that though, nor would it really do anything other than possibly narrow down what the problem is.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 03:45:59 am »
Hello! Do you happen to have any special characters in your user/password? Special characters don't really work anymore. Also, if you have any numbers then make sure you don't use your number pad. c:

You could always try to see if changing your user/password could help, but it could very-well be the same issue that many other members are currently experiencing with the login page, like Kuri said.

Lol funny enough I actually changed my password to try and see if that would help log in months back and I put a symbol in it. So yeah I may try changing it again to see if it would help. And yeah I don't use the numpad. Thank you though!

This won't exactly help fix the problem, but is there any other wifi you can test it on? Cafe? McDonald's? I don't know if you're willing/able to try that though, nor would it really do anything other than possibly narrow down what the problem is.

I have considered that and may actually try it tomorrow to see.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 03:48:42 am »

Lol funny enough I actually changed my password to try and see if that would help log in months back and I put a symbol in it. So yeah I may try changing it again to see if it would help. And yeah I don't use the numpad. Thank you though!

I have considered that and may actually try it tomorrow to see.

Keep us updated! o:

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 02:18:39 pm »
Are you still unable to connect?
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 03:05:25 pm »
Are you still unable to connect?

Yes. The new patch didn't solve anything.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 03:15:46 pm »
I'll forward the issue. Hopefully something can be figured out but we'll have to be patient about it, sorry for all the waiting.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.