Author Topic: Been inactive: here's why  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Nowai

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.
    • Nowaiiz
    • Nowai
    • View Profile
    • Waidio (Discord Radio)
Been inactive: here's why
« on: September 20, 2019, 07:50:07 am »
Oh gosh, it feels like I have become some sort of myth due to my growing inactivity online. But there's a perfectly good reason for my absence.

I have began heavily working and promoting my Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation rescue work, known as Pudge's Flock, in my town. I have gotten quite a positive influx of reactions and even featured in a few events, the local newspaper and will be on the radio sometime soon. The publicity has helped me rehabilitate over 150 birds successfully this year (by myself alone).

I am always looking for help however. For a number of things.

1. I am creating an extensive rehabilitation guide for birds of UK to be distributed to veterinary surgeries and rescue centers alike. So I am looking for individuals whom could help me with content such as illustrations and chapters. Anyone knowledgeable can be added to our Facebook page.

2. Promotion and recognition helps me gain funds to upkeep my rescues and provide necessary treatment and care to each bird specifically. So the more people know, the better my financial situation becomes, as more people = more donations. Our progress can be e viewed on our page: www.facebook.com/pudgesflock

3. I have a gofundme which is aimed at raising funds to build a sanctuary for birds in my town. It'd be the first one locally and I am chasing this dream of mine till my legs give way. So if you know anyone interested in helping raise funds please direct them to: https://www.gofundme.com/f/Helping-reclaim-lost-wings
I am also looking for a logo to be made? I have a few examples but I am looking for watercolour/derpy png style. Willing to pay!
_____
I also volunteer (still) for a Social Action Group where I do photography and poetry to raise awareness about mental health in my local county. I haven't been online for months and I feel like before I go off and begin being super active I'd share some insight into my work and lifestyle.
Thank you for reading. I thought I'd merge both updates and requests / info into one giant post so I do apologize if this isn't allowed. Of course, please read my reviews before deciding to donate any money and please be responsible with the amounts donated - don't go too wild, aka don't risk bankruptcy.

Lovely meeting all the new members and hello, long time no see to all you peeps that know me :)

Have A great fantastic day, and see you all around!

"Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go"

Rhakorra

Re: Been inactive: here's why
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 06:07:31 pm »
Welcome back! :D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 08:58:21 pm »
A fellow bird nerd <3 Hey there and welcome back Nowai! All this discussion of work towards rehabilitation pleases me. You’re a very busy person and it’s very kind of you to put your efforts and spare time into such good causes. This is all really wonderful and I hope your work continues to be fruitful. Also I love pigeons and birds in general so I commend you. I hope you get the funding needed to create your sanctuary. We are happy to have you around again.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 11:40:48 pm »
Welcome back to FeralHeart! I have never heard of a pigeon rescue before, this is interesting and impressive, hearing about you're success. <3 I don't know much about those things but I can see how passionate you are about these things. Passion is beautiful. I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors regarding things and finally, welcome. :>
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 05:18:19 am »
Welcome back to FeralHeart! Wowza, what you're doing there is very cool. You truly have such a sweet and caring heart for them birdies out there. Keep it up, that's really awesome~ Excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 07:50:45 am »
Welcome back, Nowai. Birds are nice. I think what you're doing is awesome, good luck with with everything. c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 10:27:14 pm »
Welcome back! It's really cool that you're doin somethin as neat and nice as a birb rescue! I wish you all the luck with everything you're aiming for & that your gofundme n whatnot is successful!! It takes a great person to do what you're doing. <: Hope to see you around!!

in-game: hooli

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 07:20:44 am »
Hello Nowai, I’m Ellen~
It’s great to hear that you’re doing these things for yourself and many other people. In my spare time and also in school, I do art, illustration, and graphic design in all sorts of ways. Just for a school project I’m working on a commercial poster in Art Deco style, I’m making it in Adobe Illustrator and the school will be printing it out in A2 paper (which is 3 times the size of normal paper (A4). I can design all sorts of logos and icons; for videogames, boardgames, banners, profile pictures and even to object like t-shirts, mugs, stickers.

So I’m willing to make a logo for you and Pludge’s Flock, if you don’t mind? If you’re interested, then hit me up with a private message on the forum or on Discord which is just Ellen#5275

On the other hand, welcome back to Feral Heart. :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:22:27 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline kyrotonia

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 02:48:31 am »
Hey! Nice to see someone familiar around. :) I hope I'm thinking of the right person, but welcome back Nowai! I've been inactive as heck as well. lol

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 07:08:27 pm »
Welcome back! I wish you luck with all you plan to do<3
Farewell everyone<3