Author Topic: "Necroing"  (Read 1573 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
"Necroing"
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:32:49 am »
This isn't really a question as much as it's my curiosity. But it's been bothering me - kind of like an itch.

How old would a thread need to be for posting on it to count as necroing the topic?

I never really thought about it until now, but I would assume a month or two; But maybe my judgement is off by a bit. I'm asking this question just because I want to know the answer.
Any thoughts? Also, I would love it if a moderator answered this.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: "Necroing"
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:37:06 am »
*not a mod but answering anyway because Yolo*

I believe personally it would be a month or two, as you stated. That would be resurfacing an old topic. However, I do try not posting in topics that are even a few weeks old simply because it's dying off anyway. But yeah. That's what I consider resurfacing.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:38:53 am »
*not a mod but answering anyway because Yolo*

I believe personally it would be a month or two, as you stated. That would be resurfacing an old topic. However, I do try not posting in topics that are even a few weeks old simply because it's dying off anyway. But yeah. That's what I consider resurfacing.

I try to avoid posting in topic a few weeks old too, but not if it's a personal topic. (Ex. Someone's Mesh Page)

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 01:50:31 am »
This might not be the exact/precise answer to yer ponder ma'am but this is just my foresight on the matter.

I do not perceive a thread to have been necro-threaded unless that thread is solidly over 2-3 months of inactivity. Might be a bit lineal on this though. Also, I do know that any off-topic threads (other games, forum games, off-topic discussion, etc) actually can very rarely be considered necro-threaded due to it's quite a'ight to post in these topics any time ye' wish. No matter if they may be a year or two old since they will not add to yer post count. The same goes with the FeralHeart add-ons and any thread that's a current work in progress. We wish not to lock a thread that the creator of said thread can easily return to and add onto what they've posted thus far instead of havin' to make a whole other thread coverin' the same topic. That will only add clutter to the boards.

My apologies for the somewhat vague response for even I am still gettin' the gist of all this myself.
gone