Author Topic: Bat File For More Detailed FeralHeart Logs  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
Bat File For More Detailed FeralHeart Logs
« on: May 10, 2017, 12:38:38 am »
After some tinkering, I have managed to write a very small (only one line) .bat file that will allow users to see much more verbose logs from the executable. This should make troubleshooting difficult to diagnose problems much much easier, and best of all, you don't need to open a shell. All you must do, is download the file, drop it in the same folder as `FeralHeart.exe` and double click it like an executable; it will generate logs in the file `verbose_Feral_Heart_log.txt` for later viewing. Keep in mind that the file is completely overwritten each time the bat is ran.

The file in question: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2eth26970pvjnu/log_fh.bat?dl=0

If you are paranoid/curious of how this is done, feel free to change the extension of the file to .txt and examine its contents (it's nothing more than a shell script). I have tested it in Windows 7 and Vista, hopefully nothing has changed drastically in the newer versions.

happy/angry troubleshooting. =3

Offline floof

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bat File For More Detailed FeralHeart Logs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:49:00 am »
This is a really cool idea! I'm going to go download it right away. Troubleshooting with Feral-Heart can be extremely infuriating, considering most of the time, when begging asking for help on the forums, you have to describe the situation in the most detail possible. Now, however, it will be much easier!

Thank you for making this ~