Author Topic: Animal Jam!  (Read 2498 times)

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Animal Jam!
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:36 pm »
Animal Jam is an online virtual world launched in 2010 by WildWorks. With about 160 million registered players,[1] Animal Jam is one of the fastest-growing online children's properties in the world.[2] Animal Jam is free to play using most of the game's features, but exclusives can only be obtained by purchasing a membership.

In Animal Jam, players discover and learn various facts about zoology using the game's numerous features, including mini-games, adventures, parties, and social interactions. Due to its growing popularity, Animal Jam has spawned different types of merchandise, including figurine toys, children's books, and a subscription box.

Although Animal Jam is primarily played online, the Animal Jam universe has been expanded to incorporate mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and iOS devices. The most popular Animal Jam mobile app is Play Wild which is a 3D version of the Animal Jam world. However, WildWorks has also developed other apps that are based on the Animal Jam game. (btw you can have fun as adult too xd)

And... if you joined, after the tutorial, click the two animals (a lion and a monkey) up, then click the green button. Type FurryWølf (copy the ø from here then Ctrl + V to paste, and yea that's my user), and you recieve 1500 gems :D . Well, I'm here to refer ppl :) So if you play it, plz do what I told ya ;-; . You can play as a nonmember too, you always have fun! See ya in there!

EDIT!: The referral link: https://buddy.animaljam.com/ZRQR43
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:36:42 pm by Micky81007 »

Offline Absolite

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Sleep? Never heard of it.
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Jam!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:41:30 pm »
I remember the game and loved it to bits, both the app and the site. I joined the website around 2010-2011, and beta tested the app before its release. I haven’t played both in a long time but I might consider playing again. If I get the app I’ll add you ^^

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 09:27:47 am »
Ahh yes, the wonder world of Animal Jam. I'm an old player as well, but maybe not from the very beginning of the game. I would say that I joined right around when they had put the diamond shop into the game- right after the beta days. I honestly feel bummed that I wasn't there for the beta days, solely because I'm fascinated with the old AJ. I've seen pictures and videos of the long since passed beta days, and everything looked so neat and stylistic.

AJ is a very good game for kids if you look at it, but just the same as every other game, it has it's own set of kinks and problems. Mostly due to the children that play it, but also because of how they have to go about running the game.

Being as old as I am and still liking the game comes from my time spend on the game. I wasn't on there for "rares" or anything like that, even though yes I had my glory moment of the trading craze. But that quickly dwindled down to only wanting certain items because I wanted to dress my animals up with those items because I thought they looked cool. My real reason for still liking the game however, is that I spent my time on there wisely. I didn't allow myself to get scammed or anything, because I was more into the games and creation- not to mention the roleplaying. That's actually how I met three of six plus buddies on there whom became my friends. Three I still talk to today, and two have grown into some of my closest friends =)

Yet the only reason I still play is because I enjoy decorating dens and new animals they come out with~ X3

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Flurr

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:22:09 am »
I used to play it! I joined the Play Wild version in setember 2016. I joined the computer version in 2016 of October. I did play it a lot in 2017, but I got a bit bored of it so I quit the game. I sometimes go on it every now and then, but not much. I remember I got scammed on the game, and it did make me really upset since it was an item that was hard to get. I dont really remember the item. I might start playing it again since it is a fun game, though! If I get scammed I guess it is just a game. Thanks for posting this! I would have never gotten reminded of this game and I might start playing again :)

Offline Absolite

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »
Ahh yes, the wonder world of Animal Jam. I'm an old player as well, but maybe not from the very beginning of the game. I would say that I joined right around when they had put the diamond shop into the game- right after the beta days. I honestly feel bummed that I wasn't there for the beta days, solely because I'm fascinated with the old AJ. I've seen pictures and videos of the long since passed beta days, and everything looked so neat and stylistic.

AJ is a very good game for kids if you look at it, but just the same as every other game, it has it's own set of kinks and problems. Mostly due to the children that play it, but also because of how they have to go about running the game.

Being as old as I am and still liking the game comes from my time spend on the game. I wasn't on there for "rares" or anything like that, even though yes I had my glory moment of the trading craze. But that quickly dwindled down to only wanting certain items because I wanted to dress my animals up with those items because I thought they looked cool. My real reason for still liking the game however, is that I spent my time on there wisely. I didn't allow myself to get scammed or anything, because I was more into the games and creation- not to mention the roleplaying. That's actually how I met three of six plus buddies on there whom became my friends. Three I still talk to today, and two have grown into some of my closest friends =)

Yet the only reason I still play is because I enjoy decorating dens and new animals they come out with~ X3

I like the diamond shop, they put a lot of cool items in there. Though I was bummed out that they added legendary gloves when it first came out x_x I regret not accepting some of the trades for my glove when the diamond shop wasn’t around.

The “beta” days was an interesting time, at least in the trading community. A lot has changed since then.  I don’t miss it but it’s nice to think about it occasionally and all the memories it brought.

I remember when oceans first came out, everyone was so excited. It’s sad that oceans are very empty now.

I wish headdresses and head feathers were still in stores, the headdress was of my favorite clothing items back then. I wanted to buy one when they were out but I could never afford a membership. Our family didn’t have the money to spend. By the time I had a membership the headdress was out of stores ^^; I’ve had one a few times in my animal jam career, trading a fox hat for one, though it got scammed. Now that they’re very rare now I don’t really have the time to get enough to trade for one, so I just admire them from afar like I did all those years ago.

Some of the old glitches were very cool too, I think all of them are patched now but me and my friends would glitch in our dens and in the ocean and talk about whatever.

The map was a lot smaller, and things like the medical center and coral corner don’t exist anymore sadly </3

I agree with the game being good for kids, I learned a good bit of animal facts when I was younger from the site, now however the game doesn’t feel as educational as it once was. I don’t know why though, if it’s the company or maybe the game community?

The only reason I still play is because of dressing up animals and decorating dens too lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:59:51 pm by Absolite »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 05:11:43 am »

I like the diamond shop, they put a lot of cool items in there. Though I was bummed out that they added legendary gloves when it first came out x_x I regret not accepting some of the trades for my glove when the diamond shop wasn’t around.

The “beta” days was an interesting time, at least in the trading community. A lot has changed since then.  I don’t miss it but it’s nice to think about it occasionally and all the memories it brought.

I remember when oceans first came out, everyone was so excited. It’s sad that oceans are very empty now.

I wish headdresses and head feathers were still in stores, the headdress was of my favorite clothing items back then. I wanted to buy one when they were out but I could never afford a membership. Our family didn’t have the money to spend. By the time I had a membership the headdress was out of stores ^^; I’ve had one a few times in my animal jam career, trading a fox hat for one, though it got scammed. Now that they’re very rare now I don’t really have the time to get enough to trade for one, so I just admire them from afar like I did all those years ago.

Some of the old glitches were very cool too, I think all of them are patched now but me and my friends would glitch in our dens and in the ocean and talk about whatever.

The map was a lot smaller, and things like the medical center and coral corner don’t exist anymore sadly </3

I agree with the game being good for kids, I learned a good bit of animal facts when I was younger from the site, now however the game doesn’t feel as educational as it once was. I don’t know why though, if it’s the company or maybe the game community?

The only reason I still play is because of dressing up animals and decorating dens too lol

With me and the diamond shop, I think it's a good concept, but the developers of the game had put it in when they implemented the extra currency of diamonds, which is linked to getting a membership. The reason they did this is to get kids to ask their parents to buy a membership so they can get all those cool items, which then gives them money to pay for development and so forth once a membership is bought. There was a lot of frustraiotn when the diamond shop came out at first. 99% of it was for that exact reason. Some items that those kids worked so hard to get, were now for sale for everyone to get.

Yup! A lot definitely has changed since the beta days. I've quizzed a friend about it countless times, and he's basically explained everything I could get out of him x) That's what really sparked my want to know more.

Yeah, I heard oceans were very popular when they were put into the game. I believe the reason nobody goes there is because, well, one; Not a lot of animals are available to choose from, as to where the land side of things has a plethora of species to choose from. It's constantly being added to and whatnot. Two; There isn't as many fun and interesting clothing and den items as the land has. It as well is constantly being updated with items and accessories, as to where the ocean barely has any updates. It's been stuck with the same old things for so long. Though, I have seen that they're at least trying to put a little effort into doing something about it. Three; There are more areas and action going on for the land. Constant seasonal adventures, events, updates, even a new land. I honestly thought we were getting a new ocean area for awhile, but we got Baloosh. Which is fine, I quite like the new area~

Honestly, I personally wish they'd bring headdresses back into the game as well. But I can see why they haven't, if my assumption is correct. I like to think that, possibly, they haven't brought them back because they see how desirable it is to these kids. Because they want it so badly, they get on every day and spend so much time trading and trading for one until they get one. So, because it's so hard to get, they rack up hours and hours of game play, adding to the internet traffic the game has. But that's just a hunch- I don't know their exact reason why X'3 With my time on AJ, I've had a total of two headdress over time. My first one was a green and silver, but I was aiming for a blue. After a few days of adding to my traid, I finally got it! I still have it too =) When I see that item I feel quite proud- not because I have a really hard to get, beta, super rare item, but because of all the time and effort I put into getting that item, and succeeded in the end. It was definitely a hard one, but I managed. Another side of me doesn't want them to bring it back because of the same reason I mentioned before. Those kids would get very upset that all their hard work went into nothing. But no matter what they do, I'd be rather indifferent, seeing as I've matured and realized it's literally just a game =)

I'm sorry to hear about your headdress, though! I have a friend who's had so many, but when he finally got the one he wanted, it got scammed because he clicked the wrong item and didn't notice while trading. He still hasn't been able to get one, but, he's not interested in trying for one anymore that I know of. Instead, he's been just the sweetest thing and given me so many items to try and help boost my chances of getting one of those white beta tails. I've always wanted one ever since I started playing, and I still haven't gotten one x'D Sans one time when he actually had one and loaned it to me until he wanted to use it to, well, actually trade for his headdress that then got scammed lmao Ahh, the troubles we've been though together x)

Heh, yup I loved those old glitches. I used to play with them all the time. It was fun while it lasted!

Oh yes, the Medical Center. I've heard about it and seen pictures. People have said that so many fun RPs were there- and I totally believe it. It looked like a fun place. Even though the original is gone, at least they have the revamped version! I've always wanted the music that plays there in a den of mine pff. I've never heard of Coral Corner, though. I do know that Crystal Sands had Tiger Beach (or was it something else? I can't remember.) They completely changed that area, as well as the township and The Lost Temple of Zios. There used to be a monkey statue there, and it looked a little different I think. As for Crystal Sands, it used to have a big rock that resembled Sir Gilbert. Oh, how I wish I could interview the AJ staff and learn!

I believe that the reason why the game isn't as educational is because, I think- don't quote me on this, but that the game doesn't have a partnership with National Geographic anymore. But they might, I'm not sure. I do know that the head people at AJHQ have really buckled down and focused on the business side of AJ. Coming out with different ways to get money off these kid's parents to fuel the game and make a pretty penny at the same time. Merchandise, membership bundles and deals, making all the new things for members to try and get the nonmembers to buy a membership. Honestly, you can't really get mad at them. I mean, it's just business. It's unfair, yes, but almost everything now-a-days is a money grab, and they're just keeping up with the race of profit.

Regardless, I personally am still attached to the game. I don't play as much as I did (heavens no- I was addicted) but I do hop on for the occasional decoration spree and to see what's new and whatnot~

Wow that was really long- sorry! ^ -^;;

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 02:59:49 pm »
Hey, I'm still a loyal Animal Jam player. My username is komainu

Offline Absolite

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 06:52:23 pm »

With me and the diamond shop, I think it's a good concept, but the developers of the game had put it in when they implemented the extra currency of diamonds, which is linked to getting a membership. The reason they did this is to get kids to ask their parents to buy a membership so they can get all those cool items, which then gives them money to pay for development and so forth once a membership is bought. There was a lot of frustraiotn when the diamond shop came out at first. 99% of it was for that exact reason. Some items that those kids worked so hard to get, were now for sale for everyone to get.

Yup! A lot definitely has changed since the beta days. I've quizzed a friend about it countless times, and he's basically explained everything I could get out of him x) That's what really sparked my want to know more.

Yeah, I heard oceans were very popular when they were put into the game. I believe the reason nobody goes there is because, well, one; Not a lot of animals are available to choose from, as to where the land side of things has a plethora of species to choose from. It's constantly being added to and whatnot. Two; There isn't as many fun and interesting clothing and den items as the land has. It as well is constantly being updated with items and accessories, as to where the ocean barely has any updates. It's been stuck with the same old things for so long. Though, I have seen that they're at least trying to put a little effort into doing something about it. Three; There are more areas and action going on for the land. Constant seasonal adventures, events, updates, even a new land. I honestly thought we were getting a new ocean area for awhile, but we got Baloosh. Which is fine, I quite like the new area~

Honestly, I personally wish they'd bring headdresses back into the game as well. But I can see why they haven't, if my assumption is correct. I like to think that, possibly, they haven't brought them back because they see how desirable it is to these kids. Because they want it so badly, they get on every day and spend so much time trading and trading for one until they get one. So, because it's so hard to get, they rack up hours and hours of game play, adding to the internet traffic the game has. But that's just a hunch- I don't know their exact reason why X'3 With my time on AJ, I've had a total of two headdress over time. My first one was a green and silver, but I was aiming for a blue. After a few days of adding to my traid, I finally got it! I still have it too =) When I see that item I feel quite proud- not because I have a really hard to get, beta, super rare item, but because of all the time and effort I put into getting that item, and succeeded in the end. It was definitely a hard one, but I managed. Another side of me doesn't want them to bring it back because of the same reason I mentioned before. Those kids would get very upset that all their hard work went into nothing. But no matter what they do, I'd be rather indifferent, seeing as I've matured and realized it's literally just a game =)

I'm sorry to hear about your headdress, though! I have a friend who's had so many, but when he finally got the one he wanted, it got scammed because he clicked the wrong item and didn't notice while trading. He still hasn't been able to get one, but, he's not interested in trying for one anymore that I know of. Instead, he's been just the sweetest thing and given me so many items to try and help boost my chances of getting one of those white beta tails. I've always wanted one ever since I started playing, and I still haven't gotten one x'D Sans one time when he actually had one and loaned it to me until he wanted to use it to, well, actually trade for his headdress that then got scammed lmao Ahh, the troubles we've been though together x)

Heh, yup I loved those old glitches. I used to play with them all the time. It was fun while it lasted!

Oh yes, the Medical Center. I've heard about it and seen pictures. People have said that so many fun RPs were there- and I totally believe it. It looked like a fun place. Even though the original is gone, at least they have the revamped version! I've always wanted the music that plays there in a den of mine pff. I've never heard of Coral Corner, though. I do know that Crystal Sands had Tiger Beach (or was it something else? I can't remember.) They completely changed that area, as well as the township and The Lost Temple of Zios. There used to be a monkey statue there, and it looked a little different I think. As for Crystal Sands, it used to have a big rock that resembled Sir Gilbert. Oh, how I wish I could interview the AJ staff and learn!

I believe that the reason why the game isn't as educational is because, I think- don't quote me on this, but that the game doesn't have a partnership with National Geographic anymore. But they might, I'm not sure. I do know that the head people at AJHQ have really buckled down and focused on the business side of AJ. Coming out with different ways to get money off these kid's parents to fuel the game and make a pretty penny at the same time. Merchandise, membership bundles and deals, making all the new things for members to try and get the nonmembers to buy a membership. Honestly, you can't really get mad at them. I mean, it's just business. It's unfair, yes, but almost everything now-a-days is a money grab, and they're just keeping up with the race of profit.

Regardless, I personally am still attached to the game. I don't play as much as I did (heavens no- I was addicted) but I do hop on for the occasional decoration spree and to see what's new and whatnot~

Wow that was really long- sorry! ^ -^;;

Don’t worry about the length, its fine! ^.^

You’re right with the diamond shop being a good concept, I love that they continue to introduce new animals through there but if I’m going to be honest I preferred the monthly member gifts ^^; don’t know if it’s the nostalgia talking but that’s how I feel. I wish they still continued to those gifts, with every month I looked forward to getting something new.

Ah yes, tail armors! I had gotten a white one for the monthly member gift, though ended up trading it for a light blue one. I love the color blue, and younger me wanted the light blue variation so badly haha
I had a black and blue one as well, I was trying to trade for a black and red one for an outfit. At the time I was in the Lost Temple of Zios. Julian2 almost traded me his black and red one in one of his videos, though ended up reconsidering it after some thinking. I didn’t realize it until one of my roleplayer friends told me to check the video lol as for the video, it isn’t up anymore. It was deleted and now lost in time ^^;

Yes I remember seeing some stuff like that, and, the Coral Corner was a shop in the Canyons. Those plants everyone trades for like the fly traps originally came from there.

Yeah... I wish the game was still educational but I don’t blame them for turning it into a cash grab. With everyone seeing money signs it’s inevitable. I’m just glad the game is still alive and well.

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:51 pm »

Don’t worry about the length, its fine! ^.^

You’re right with the diamond shop being a good concept, I love that they continue to introduce new animals through there but if I’m going to be honest I preferred the monthly member gifts ^^; don’t know if it’s the nostalgia talking but that’s how I feel. I wish they still continued to those gifts, with every month I looked forward to getting something new.

Ah yes, tail armors! I had gotten a white one for the monthly member gift, though ended up trading it for a light blue one. I love the color blue, and younger me wanted the light blue variation so badly haha
I had a black and blue one as well, I was trying to trade for a black and red one for an outfit. At the time I was in the Lost Temple of Zios. Julian2 almost traded me his black and red one in one of his videos, though ended up reconsidering it after some thinking. I didn’t realize it until one of my roleplayer friends told me to check the video lol as for the video, it isn’t up anymore. It was deleted and now lost in time ^^;

Yes I remember seeing some stuff like that, and, the Coral Corner was a shop in the Canyons. Those plants everyone trades for like the fly traps originally came from there.

Yeah... I wish the game was still educational but I don’t blame them for turning it into a cash grab. With everyone seeing money signs it’s inevitable. I’m just glad the game is still alive and well.

lmao Alright then x)

That's alright! That's just what you prefer, and that's totally fine~ I've heard a lot of guff about removing the monthly gifts, and I completely understand why. It was honestly a very nice system they had to keep the members coming back and stuff, but I do see why they removed it and added the diamond shop in it's place. I'm pretty sure they did that just to add more temptations to buying a membership. You get diamonds to buy items that come out, clothing items, den items, dens, animals, music and so froth.

Y'know what, I think I actually saw that video! That's really cool x) I'm a huge sucker for blue too. I always buy blue and white versions of items if I can. I think I have a problem lol But, man, over time I've accumulated a plethora of items that I'm sure are worth something. The only reason I hang onto some of them is because I only have one of each color, and it's not like I'm hording them like some of those kids do. They stand as kind of a remnant of, well, my time and dedication on the game. All the others, like multiple spikes I have I really don't care for- thus why I try to trade them for that darn white tail. Once I actually earn that thing I'll truly be satisfied with the game x'D

Oh yeah! I remember now- thanks for jogging my memory! Yeah I saw a picture of t once I believe. It looked pretty neat. To me at least.

Yup, same here. Kind of a bummer that the original purpose of the game has faded, even though it is still there, but only slightly. Yet it was inevitable, everything's gotta do what it's gotta do to keep up with traffic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:42:54 pm by Ame88 »

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations