Author Topic: community meetings.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
community meetings.
« on: January 23, 2019, 03:22:04 am »
so something that's been cropping up in conversations i've been having as of recent is the concern of transparency between staff team and community members.

there is definitely a disconnect between staff and the playerbase. there has always been one since this game seemingly began. even with the new mods it hasn't done too much to bridge the gap between staff member and your average player.

a solution to this that i've found on other servers/games/mmos/communities/etc was a simple little concept called:

the community meeting.

it's simple.
a monthly or tri-weekly meeting set up by the staff to openly discuss things with the community, answers and ask questions of concern, and in general just...
discuss things on an open platform with little worry for stepping out of line.

i know that some staff can be busy but something like this is atrociously easy to set up.
it would also build up some trust that the feralheart staff are ready and capable of being open with the community about the goings on[obviously, without spoiling what's contained in a patch or something].

it would also be nice to have a place to suggest things that might perhaps be instantly locked on the forum because it mentions a forbidden phrase[y'know which one i mean] or something else people might be nervous to post about.

questions, concerns, inquiries, and additions?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: community meetings.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:04:36 am »
I think this would be great. It's very well known that the staff here are very secretive about a lot of things, and that tends to almost isolate the community. It leads to a lot of miscommunication, rumors, and assumptions, and honestly this may very well be something that can solve that.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:01:29 am »
Personally I think it’s a great idea and it was something staff brought up earlier last year. I remember mentioning to Raz way back potentially having occasional live-streams where staff could be working on some things planned for patches and users could pop in and share their thoughts on things. It would be really fun to engage directly with the community more too, similar to how we used to have podcasts and the livestream chats. I agree that it would be nice to have more transparency with the community with certain things. I can’t promise you anything yet as there are new staff now and things would have to be discussed with everyone and agreed upon it’s always a possibility that something like this or a variation of could be done :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:43 am »
Ayy, it is something that we've brought up in the past but had other matters to prioritise at the time. We had talked about having a board where users can ask anything so long as it isn't breaking any of the Rules.
Some of us even thought it might be an idea to use our stream and voice call, answering questions as they arrived but we'd have to organise a chat box for that.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 07:20:04 pm »
Summing up the above, I would like to suggest a livestreaming event in which we — the players — get a chance to talk to our moderators.
The Staff will be chatting in the livestream and answering our questions.
In addition, a trivia quiz might be held where only one person gets to win the final prize.

Schedule (Example):
  • Introductions
    - to find out who's the guy with the funny accent :P
  • Q&A
    - to respond both to the most upvoted questions on a specific thread/page and to those in the livestream chat;
    - to unveil a bit more about your plans for 2019;
  • Trivia quiz with a prize

How one might ask a question?
All questions asked in a specific thread on the forum will be saved for the day of the livestream so that the mods can answer them live.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:41:26 pm by MoonlitSaint »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
Ayy, it is something that we've brought up in the past but had other matters to prioritise at the time. We had talked about having a board where users can ask anything so long as it isn't breaking any of the Rules.
Some of us even thought it might be an idea to use our stream and voice call, answering questions as they arrived but we'd have to organise a chat box for that.

just use twitch or youtube.

it's really easy to set up and almost everyone knows about them.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline GarySinise

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • No Guts, No Glory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 08:59:59 pm »
I think this would be great, especially since it's been through a bit of a rough patch recently, sometimes it's hard to feel connected to the Staff and I think it would do good for those who are struggling but might not feel confident enough to bring it up.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 10:04:52 pm »
I'm all for this. A suggestion of mine relating to this idea is more news posts as well. A behind the scenes look, perhaps?