Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

Repeating Post Raid?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CloudFish:
what bothers also, is when people post on a thread with a suggestion that has been stated over and over and over again by people before them, on the same page as the original post. as then the original poster is just bombarded with the same (possibly, in terms of help threads) useless information instead of suggesting not put forward by a person before them

PrettyReckless:

--- Quote from: SilverTW on October 17, 2012, 08:15:18 pm ---
P.S Should this be locked?

--- End quote ---
I think Ramine would've locked it, if it was seen as an unnecessary thread.

--- Quote from: Thierry on October 17, 2012, 08:20:18 pm ---copy+paste helps a lot on frequently asked questions, using it in moderation and is not bad.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I agree with this, I mean, copy and paste is something I'd love to have in-game as well. xD It's always good, as long as it's not over-used.
I keep a document on my desktop with useful links and such, if I didn't have copy and paste.. Well yea.
I think what Ax means is the short welcomes that are just .. Plain and non-personal over all.

--- Quote from: CloudFish on October 17, 2012, 08:56:49 pm ---what bothers also, is when people post on a thread with a suggestion that has been stated over and over and over again by people before them, on the same page as the original post. as then the original poster is just bombarded with the same (possibly, in terms of help threads) useless information instead of suggesting not put forward by a person before them

--- End quote ---
We see 'new' suggestions that have been discussed, 'new' complaints that have already been discussed/brought up as well.
Then again, it may be rather difficult keeping track of every thread that's already been brought up.. Perhaps people don't spend as much time on the forum as some of us do and have completely missed these threads before or don't bother checking different pages to see if it's already been brought up.

Crin:

--- Quote from: SilverTW on October 17, 2012, 08:15:18 pm ---P.S Should this be locked?

--- End quote ---

No need to, nothing wrong with dis thread.

But aye, I do agree with you. I try not to reply with the same thing constantly - I don't like the repeating myself to the point where it seems insincere or hollow. I do, however, keep a notepad on my desktop full of quotes of things that I may need - shortened urls, easy explanations to complex subjects. Because, hey, some of these things will take 20 or so minutes to make a full and decent reply to, and I really don't want to retype that every time it comes up. Same goes with PMs, though I do try to take care to personalize those in some way so I don't sound like I'm a robot with "Hello subject name here, and thank you for contacting me about subject of concern here". Because that's GlaDos' job, not mine.

On the note of repeating a one word answer through every thread, though... that's when it can be taken as spam, and spam on the forums is no different than spamming in the game, really.

I don't think that post count is such a big deal. Too many variables involved. So I'm just going to keep putting along and get to somewhere when I get there.

Alaskan :
I agree too. I only post more than once on a topic if it's my own. --When they reply and all, I like to reply back. I don't say the same exact thing, though.

~~Alaskan~~

SilverTW:
@Crin

I guess you could say that. I agree also with you. It's true that they'd want to post to raise their post counts, but it won't make you look any cooler. It be at least smarter to edit a post rather than spamming. The forum isn't like writing down notes, but rather like a detailed conversation, if you were to compare. If posters that like to spam were to ask if the thing they'll post has any  relevancy to the topic or not, they'd most likely not post too much times on the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version