Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

Newbies and Nuzzling

(1/4) > >>

SteampunkWolfdog:
Last night I was doing a bit of thinking, (as you do XD) and I thought about the newbie members. I understand that newbies can only nuzzle other members and give out floofs when they have made 50 posts (I think that's correct) and become junior members.
Now then newbies, do you think this is a good idea and a fair one, or would you like to be able to nuzzle people who are kind and helpful now rather than wait until you've excelled in rank?
Let us know what you're thinking.

EDIT: I stand corrected! It's 25 posts until newbies can give nuzzles.

CloudFish:
It is 25 posts where they are allowed to nuzzle

the reason for this was to keep users from making new accounts just to boost up their karam points by nuzzling themselves on alternate accounts

with the new system of registration though, i wonder if that is still in effect as it should be

but really, 25 posts seems like a fair number to me

PrettyReckless:
To be honest, I think the 25 number thing is a great idea - it gave me time to figure out how to get to nuzzles etc when I was a little newbie myself. I had time to browse the forum, learn what nuzzling even was - along with the bite function when we still had it.

LordSuragaha:
I can see what you're getting at Doctor Flob. The only slight unfortunate thing I see about the 25 post limit before users can nuzzle is that most of us get the majority of our nuzzles from helping in the help thread and the majority of users who post in the help thread are newbies. Most newbies who post in the help thread also only post once or twice in the forum and aren't active users of the forum. When I first started using the forum a while back I was a bit disappointed that I could not return a nuzzle as thanks for the help that Ruby gave me on presets especially since she went out of her way to give me a very detailed explanation.

Still I can see more of a plus side in the current 25 posts before nuzzles though. For one it can provoke users to want to use the forum more often so that they can gain more privileges but also like CloudFish mentioned it would prevent or at least discourage some users from making multiple accounts to gain floof.

LiesUnderOath:
It annoyed me a bit at first, I was trying to nuzzle someone who helped me greatly, but I had to wait until I became a junior member to use it. x3

But looking back, I think the 25 post thing is a great idea. This way, new members can explore the forum and actually become part of it, instead of simply floofing someone and never checking the thread again. And as you've all said, it discourages them from making multiple accounts to give themselves loads of karma. .-.

Besides, it isn't hard at all to gain the first few posts needed to rank up, as long as they keep active on the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version