Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

A new word?

(1/3) > >>

Haruki:
So.
This isn't much of a suggestion for adding something to the forum itself.
It goes for forum and game as well.
Lets call it, a social addition.

Since there are two different models, feline and canine, and people tend to specify them differently
because, well, there just aren't any other words for it. In roleplays, to say the character talks to... what? Felines and Canines? It doesn't seem right to say them both. But substituting the word "People" (My character talks to people... whut.) isn't right either.

So how about we make up a word that means both feline and canine and refers to the "intelligent" speaking life in the game. A substitute for "people".

I was thinking maybe Canifae.
Canidae+Felidae

I hope I make sense. :|

Jitters:
a common one is see in other rps is "somebeast" or "everybeast". "Beast" is more general, because not everyone plays as a canine or feline, I've seen Raccoons, Horses, Rats, and a few others.

GemWolf:
^ I have to agree. Not all of my characters are specifically canines and felines. I actually managed to make a few dragons, a mouse, a bear, a hyena (They are NOT canines, they are a group alone, but are commonly mistaken for being in the canine family.) and I have managed to make a raccoon.
So I have to agree with the post above, "Beast" sounds better in some situations.

Rukata:
I just use Felinine to refer to the choice between canine and feline models in FeralHeart, for example, when talking about adding a new feature to Feline and Canine models, it's a Felinine addition to the game - for both models. However, this only applies when I'm not in roleplay, so I more likely use it on the forum or in MSN. LOL

In Roleplay, just use Beasts. It fills any character in the entire game. :P

Alaskan :
Good word, but I always say 'users'. xD I hardly ever say 'people'.

~~Alaskan~~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version