Author Topic: How to Draw More People to this Game - [UPDATE: 2/9/19]  (Read 9201 times)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
Re: How to Draw More People to this Game
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
I was thinking that someone should create a Wikipedia page for Feral Heart. I couldn't find one there. Wikipedia only has an article about Impressive Title.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 03:07:45 am »
making a new one still has the issues of wikipedia in general

if you lock it, well, chances are it'll be filled out over a long period of time since the staff are... busy, i guess.

but if you dont lock it, well.

someone may put something up there that no one will like, regardless if it's true or not.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 08:23:38 pm »
If the staff approve, I would be happy to create a new Wikipedia page for this game. Just let me know! :)
I can create it and lock it so I'm the only one editing it. And I can update it as the game changes.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 03:36:24 am »
I'm all in for that idea, good luck!
Hey, if it is approved. Maybe a few more members can aid in editing it. Like a community based Wikipedia page.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 05:51:25 am »
I personally don't see a point in advertising until registration is fully open. It will draw people to this site and then they'll realize they can't register and just not bother haha

As for a new Wiki page, no offense Dylan ily <3 I feel an older member, someone who has been around awhile and knows all the ins and outs of the game should create the wiki. If not, at least have one help you edit and add information c:

You are amazing <3

Ratel

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 10:44:26 am »
I personally don't see a point in advertising until registration is fully open. It will draw people to this site and then they'll realize they can't register and just not bother haha

As for a new Wiki page, no offense Dylan ily <3 I feel an older member, someone who has been around awhile and knows all the ins and outs of the game should create the wiki. If not, at least have one help you edit and add information c:
Reg has officially been open since the new update. I really like this idea tho dylan! But maybe message a member of staff regarding some of your questions.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:46:18 am by Ratel »

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 04:27:37 pm »

Reg has officially been open since the new update. I really like this idea tho dylan! But maybe message a member of staff regarding some of your questions.

Oh!! I thought it was only open for that day, that's awesome c:

You are amazing <3

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 02:50:39 am »
I've made an outline of the Wikipedia page I want to create for this game:

Please let me know what you think and offer any suggestions.

p.s. According to Wikipedia, I can request that a page be locked. However, they do have a "vandalism" policy. So if someone did edit the page to add nasty stuff about the game, I could simply revert the page and report/block them if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:08:57 am by DylanCheetah »

Offline Nowai

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.
    • Nowaiiz
    • Nowai
    • View Profile
    • Waidio (Discord Radio)
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 08:10:28 am »
Oh...actually. Being a former staff of a 'successful-ish' game, we focused more on "keeping regular visitors coming back" rather than focusing solely on bringing new faces into the community. The logical explanation of why these two approaches vary are as follows:

Regular visitors already have built an 'image' of the game, community and its staff. It can be a negative one but usually this is not the case. The pressure usually lies on the staff members to act as role-models (though I'm pretty sure everyone knows this); after all, people come for the game but stay for the community. If members have a positive view of staff, they will begin to feel safe and valued which in turn will help them build a a positive opinion of how things are run (on top of game quality and interaction, though that's not so important if you think about it), then they will keep returning and with a bit of luck they will start voicing the positivity that lies within the community.

On top of staff being friendly, understanding and non-judgemental (and flexible when it comes to punishment, 'cause people can and do change so second chances are a good way to rebuild what was lost); there are also other key factors in helping a community grow and prosper.
I think this is one of the more important ones. It's a way of getting a large portion of the community to engage together with staff - after all we're here because we share an interest (a.k.a the game) so it's great when members can start enjoying an event meant to bring people closer together - MOTS is actually a great example of that.

2. Building a true image of staff
'Staff are still people, just with responsibilities of maintaining a friendly environment etc.' - When members see staff joking around, participating in member-run events, and acting like 'any well-behaved member would'  the members begin to feel closer, more connected. As stated before, staff are the prime representation of any community. And their approach impacts more than meets the eye.

3. Encouraging creativity
As with any community, there are bound to be very talented and creative users. Encouraging them to share their art, or perhaps them creating small 'OC gifts/drawings' can actually affect the member in many ways. One being that they begin to feel like their talents are not dismissed and/or they begin to discover new ones (which is great, and they'll always refer to the person or community that had helped them discover their newly found passion). Gifts of OC's (more so art of 'friendship groups' and such) can build a stronger bond between already existing members. I mean, come on - if you are having a wild time with your friends in a community and then are gifted an art containing your friends, or particular individuals that have made a huge impact on you (positively), you'd be floored wouldn't you. The whole concept of group drawings are too adorable aaaa! - I swear I've seen either a staffer or member with a group drawing and I felt my heart melt because it showed such 'togetherness'.

Coming back to the more-regularly applied approach of focusing just on bringing new members into the community. If you just focus on raising the amount of users in a community, things will eventually crash and burn. You see, a community exists and is kept stable by old and new members alike; old members share amazing/not so amazing memories and stories and can impact the views of a new member, who in turn can start running around spreading positive or negative views which were acquired from regulars. Lacking old members would actually impact a community big time as new members would feel a little lost or confused not having a 'full picture' of a community and how it is run.

Anyway, I think I'll stop babbling because I intended on just giving a few points here and there and ended up expanding on each a little too much. So, I'll actually leave it up to you guys to refer back to this particular comment of mine or apply those points to your own community - after all it's worth giving a shot in my opinion. Have fun and feel free to expand or discuss the content of this post (or feel free to skim over it/ignore it i don't mind).

Have a nice day,
Wai wai.

"Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go"

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 04:31:04 pm »
I appreciate your input Nowai. The way I see it, there seem to be a lot of "old" members already. Which is why I would like to focus my efforts on bringing in new members.

Another point I would like to make, is that some of the old members might get busy with their own busy lives or get tired of playing etc. And without new members, the total number of members will decline over time. A healthy game should have a "flow" of new and old members.

p.s. What "successful-ish" game were you a part of Nowai?