Author Topic: Guess I'll add a list of my own. Updated 11/16/19  (Read 4294 times)

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Guess I'll add a list of my own. Updated 11/16/19
« on: September 19, 2019, 02:24:29 am »
A few ideas as I come up with them, mostly:

Interface/Layout/General in-game ideas:
- Simplest is probably just changing the snow from the ornate flakes to a fuzzy dot. This way you have the flexibility make it 'ash" from fires/apocalypse instead of only for snow, and would be slightly more realistic imo.

- Fast travel within a map. Using minimap, like in map-maker, it zooms the character, not just the camera to a point on the map. Also the ability to add 'bookmarks' in traveling. For example, Red dots would be 'standard' fast-travel points of the Portal locations; blue would be the 'bookmarked' ones.
>> Edit: Just so there isn't any accidental warping in the minimap, maybe have an icon to enable/disable fast-travel in the main GUI; when you click the minimap icon, it could ask you Fast-Travel? Yes/No, click what is appropriate for use.

- Sitting or laying down should only be reversed if you hit the control to turn it off/stand back up.  E and Q key commands would be voided/null. This would eliminate accidental E/Q-keys most of the time.

- Map selection from Lonely Cave. This really should be the hub of everything FH. I think the Rules, Age requirements and everything should remain posted there. However having access to all default maps from the get-go would eliminate the lag that comes from people piling up by the portal of one map that everyone has to go through to get to the rest of the game. It'll boost exploration and use of other maps for idlers, too. It'll also help with maps that you presently have to go 3-4 portals from LC to get to.

- An option to show/hide items and/or effects for lag issues. Also helpful when there's a swarm of annoying effect-happy clones around and you don't feel like lagging every time you pan your camera in that direction.

- View distance should be more clear about what it does. Or more obvious in general. From what I can tell there is almost zero difference between 1 & 0.

- Icon or name-color change to indicate typing; to indicate staff; to indicate staff within groups

- A checkbox for AFK which would change users' name-color. Also, this could be triggered when someone tabs-out of the game, like an Auto-AFK.

-Seasonal map changes; the only issue being having to make maps for 3 seasons. [i figure summer/spring can be the same, with/without rain effects].. optionally holiday add-ons in those, but ik not everyone celebrates all holidays so that's probably not gonna happen.

Character-Building:
- Make animated gif's an acceptable preset image type. It would save frame-by-frame animators a bazillion hours of coding.

- Multi-layered markings. 3-layers of markings max.

- Preset folder count is created/deleted by character count. If you have 2 characters to choose, you have 2 folders. If you have 15 characters, 15 folders,etc. When you delete a character, you could get a pop-up that asks you which preset folder to delete, or opt not to do so.

- A way to organize characters on your list, not just the seemingly-random way it does it now. Order by when-added, name, last-used etc.

- Add in particle-effects and glow-effects for characters. Ash-fall, ice/fire-steps, things like that.

- Changeable/selectable textures for non-preset characters. Fluffy/unfurred/short-furred/scraggly fur, etc.

- More models to choose from. Particularly the canines. Bully-breed, lapdog, sight-hound type heads/body/tail choices. For feline it would mostly be domestic cat/cheetah/lion body/head type (should cover most).

- More non-canine/feline models: Perhaps selectable in tab1; choosing predator or prey, then choose/customize which one to make it easier.

- The ability to add/share custom models made by users. For example, user 1 makes a dragon rp, and makes (or finds) a couple models to use with it, adds it to their game, and is able to share with others, like an item pack.

- Body-styles change by age of character. For example, a pup/kitten/cub would have different proportions than a 'teen/yearling' pup/kitten/cub, and obviously that is different from adult. In Character maker, this could be changed with a drop-down with those 3 options and they can customize from there. This way Cubs/kittens/pups don't look like adults but tiny. Lol

- Figuring out a way to have various marking/item packs NOT overwrite eachother (or show different items). For example if user1 has a special marking pack, and user2 doesn't, it just shows as marshmallow for user2 rather than some other marking that happens to be in the same spot on user2's list (if that makes sense). For items it would just simply not appear (duh).

- Being able to scale the entire head up or down within reason. Some animals have a small head-to-body ratio and vice versa.

Off-game ideas
- Pre-registration. For when fh registration is closed, basically acts as a waiting list. Prioritising new players via IP, over duplicate accounts. When registration is open, it will auto-enroll players that have pre-registered.  [With Registration currently unlimited, this isn't necessary]

[cont'd on next post bc it won't let me save]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 02:42:23 am by LaughingWolf »

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
Re: Guess I'll add a small list of my own.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 09:48:50 pm »
I really like the fast travel idea! I don't think I've ever seen that suggested before- this would be especially useful in the future as FH continues to expand in terms of map number.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Bumpy snow
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Guess I'll add a small list of my own. Updated 9/20/19
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 01:51:52 am »
- Contests for animators, texturers, object, map, marking and item makers. Best one(s) get in game on the next update (or an upcoming one). Way more permanent reward than just a few dA points or even the awesome community artists' work.
>> For the map & object making there'd be limitations and/or themes; like no converted object use, for example. Re-texturing default objects could be a theme too. Another example theme for a marking comp' would be "best dalmatian marking"
>> open voting for who's best to the community once entries are received and verified for meeting rules etc, instead of just being chosen by a few people. Let the poll run a week.

- Drop down menu/additional Settings tab menu to select which graphics modifications you want to have on/off. This would be things like ENB, Paperboy's/xSpirit's lighting modifiers, etc.

- Allow dancing animations to move. Dodger/Simba strut (aka moonwalk), head shake, maybe not the head-swing, since that would look weird moving. lol

- Adjust head-bob dance so the forepaws lift a bit, so it doesn't look like a bobble-head so much. Though it'd look better being still if it were introduced. An idea of what I mean by this, roughly:

- Give options for howl sound; maybe add a growl, whine, etc.

[obviously some of my suggestions are some thing's i've suggested on the discord, but here, it'll be organized]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 12:16:55 am by LaughingWolf »

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Bumpy snow
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Guess I'll add a small list of my own. Updated 9/30/19
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:16:32 pm »
- Give options for animation sets. multiple feline/canine/vulpine and even deer/horse animations to choose from. The sets would only be that of the base animations (walk/run/lay/sit) not any additional ones like the dances. This would go a long way to making custom characters even more custom-looking.

- Added animation idea: limping, paw up etc, for rp purposes.

[obviously some of my suggestions are some thing's i've suggested on the discord, but here, it'll be organized]

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Bumpy snow
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Guess I'll add a small list of my own. Updated 10/5/19
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 06:19:27 pm »
A sort of coin or object collecting, to use as a means of commerce on the forum since they're linked accounts. People can do things like presets for [objects] as a payment method, which might translate to user perks. (Either on forum or even in game)
I also suggest this could be used as a more consistent prize pool for contest winners instead of donated time or dA points.

It removes real money from the situation while giving users something to treat as money. The objects hunted could be anything from bones to plants, leaves or even insects that could be sporadically dropped throughout the game. I would hope randomly to avoid spawn camping. This would be particularly fun with a parkour map.

Offline Chuchip

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • >_<
    • thecloun
    • View Profile
Re: Guess I'll add a list of my own. Updated 11/16/19
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 10:10:44 pm »
I'd love lonely cave being the hub because I'm just coming back to the game for realzies this time and I'm so confused about the new maps and how to get to them. :-\
Uh oh stinky!

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 12:26:01 am »
I really enjoy the Username color change when AFK!
there's been times i'm afk and people just plain think i'm ignoring them. ^^;
Would really like to see that change in game. :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Blank

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Cuddling Hyenas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 10:03:31 am »
I personally would LOVE to see more items than max 4 for the character creator. It sucks when I want a bunch of piercings and spikes for my main character, maybe a max of 6-10?
But I can see why there is a max, using huge items that could potentially crash others would suck. {Sorry for reviving}