Author Topic: Beginners Guide to Feralheart for MAC users.  (Read 9562 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
Beginners Guide to Feralheart for MAC users.
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:58:02 am »

Written, Screened, Drawn and Researched by Sensei Rei.

WARNING: This guide is for MACINTOSH users ONLY.

FeralHeart is a unique game where kids are introduced into the anthropomorphic arts, by venturing the feral lands, and meeting colorful and creative people.

1. Let us discuss the common errors that Beginners have

1- Q: having trouble connecting to the server in game?
  A: Be sure to go to www.feral-heart.com and on the menu bar click > “Play Game” Log in through there and KEEP THAT TAB ON AT ALL TIMES!

(Back in the day there was a hacker crisis on the server, and the website login is the reason why we do this now, to keep the server EXTRA secure)

2- Q: White characters in game?
  A: Download a markings texture pack.

(People have made many markings over the years and it has been collected by the people who been keeping track, “Aug22” / “Legendary”)

3- Q: If someone asks if you see their items but you don’t see them?
  A: Download an item pack

(People have made many Items in additional to the current ones we have from over the years, it has been collected by the people who been keeping track, “Ringo/Delay’s”/“Legendary”/etc.)

4- Q: Crashing?
  A: Could be caused by file error, or internet traffic. both of these are very common

a. (Internet Traffic: It is a common one for a lot of those who play this game, especially in places like The Grounds or Cherika Valley.)
b. (File Error: [OGRE FILES]: Be aware when transferring your stuff from an old download of FH that you NEVER EVER EVER! replace the Ogre.CFG file! This will completely ruin your game and cause it to have MALLOC errors.)
c. (File Error: [Multiples of Particle Files]: Be aware while making a map with added particles and after exporting, that you enter the Feralheart Files > Media > Particles and find any particle files that have an UNDERSCORE# [ _0 ] [ex: flame_0.particle])

5- Q: “Could not find movie #xxxx”
  A: Reboot the game, and be sure not to “Stretch” your chat box from horizontal (you can squash/stretch vertical)

2. Getting to the files

“Help Im having all these problems and i don’t know how to access my files!”

Heres a little Step by Step Guide on how to access your Feral Heart files with the “PlayOnMac” program.

1- You want to start up your "PlayOnMac" program

2-  Select Feralheart > Click "Open the directory"

3- and "Wah-Lah!" you're at the Feralheart Program Files!

3. Understanding why it is important to “Mod” the game
Starter Kits

Feralheart is one of those games where it is NECESSARY to apply mods to it.
 For full effect of seeing other people’s characters, or someone else’s items or objects in a map.

For now I’ve constructed some “Starter Kits” that have all the applied Items, Markings, and Objects that you will need, along with some other goodies such as different colored interfacing and other stuff.
              ~SenseiRei

*Downloads Below*
https://tinyurl.com/FHSK-Blue
https://tinyurl.com/FHSK-Purple
https://tinyurl.com/FHSK-Red

Here is a basic instruction on how to import these files into yours
1- After download from Mediafire, Double click the ZIP file and it will either ask to extract with whatever default extraction program you have (Unarchiver or WINZIP)

2- Open the EXTRACTED file folder

3- Select all the contents within, and COPY THEM

4- Referring back to section "2" of how to get to the program files. Going in and "PASTE" the extracted files you copied earlier

5- This little window will pop up to ask you if you're sure to replace these following items. Just check "Apply to All" and click "Replace"

4. Preset Problems? Well let's Fix em!
"I've exported my preset I've sent it to a friend and and they can't see it!"
 This is a little something I didn't realize till after the game was updated to 1.15. and the problem is the USERNAME.
If you have a username with numbers at the end. **And i know this may sound ridiculous, but i had to go through trial and error** (Ex: username123) the program will confuse the numbers of your username with the preset number file. "username123_3" So if you want your preset to show, my suggestion is to please go to the website and click "User Settings" and at the bottom of your characters list are the things you need to change your username and what not.

*Thats all Folks!*

If you want to get into creative mode, go to https://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=33 for further instructions. Thanks for reading this little guide ^_^
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:07:48 am by SenseiRei »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Guide to Feralheart for MAC users.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:28 am »
Whoa now that’s an in depth guide! We really have been needing more Mac guides <3 This is awesome! Thanks for putting this together. This will help a lot of folks.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:45 pm »
This is gonna be sooo helpful to Mac users, a lot of the other Mac guides are outdated and inactive! Perhaps your next addition could include common issues and errors that Mac users face when trying to download the game or get it to run!

You are amazing <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:40:19 pm »
Btw I forgot to comment on the header art, I love it xD It's just to perfect <3

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »
Whoa now that’s an in depth guide! We really have been needing more Mac guides <3 This is awesome! Thanks for putting this together. This will help a lot of folks.

Thank you Sura-Sama I enjoy detailing my info that is in need to be shared.

This is gonna be sooo helpful to Mac users, a lot of the other Mac guides are outdated and inactive! Perhaps your next addition could include common issues and errors that Mac users face when trying to download the game or get it to run!

I try to do my hardest to help the Mac users in this community. I know there’s a lotta pc users, but it seems we do not have our fair share of instructions for Mac users. It’s a pleasure to help. Along with my recent adventures of dealing with Feralheart's problems and why it won't run and blah blah blah. that whole Ogre files thing was a pain in my tail!

Btw I forgot to comment on the header art, I love it xD It's just to perfect <3

Heh well thank you, the art was so I could have a little logo for sections like these. It was a quick sketch of only 30 minutes...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:12:18 pm by SenseiRei »

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 05:54:50 pm »
This post has been updated. please read section 4.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 08:06:11 pm »
Thanks for putting this together, SenseiRei! I'm sure lots of people will find this helpful.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 09:55:49 pm »
part 4 was an issue i stumbled across about a couple months ago o.o when a friend of mine wasn't able to see my preset even after they placed the file in correctly. ((This was back when my username was "Royaldog12"))

Offline LordTatsuko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:13:41 pm »
hey im a mac user too! I looked through this, good and this is so thoroughly explained! And a HUGE thanks for the starter kit! I wish i was as cool as you! ^_^

Offline SetMeFree

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 07:43:28 am »
I still look back at this and smile. I’m grateful for being this helpful 🥹