Yes
No

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 42887 times)

Offline kaya

• Bite me and I'll kick yew arse C: ~ Rak$ha
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 109
    • View Profile
So we had some thinking about this but we need the community to give their opinions about it. :]

Should we get rid of the karma option or leave it?

Vote! :]

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:20:49 pm »
I think we should. I see no point in it other than to boost peoples ego's or make people who care too much about what others think feel bad.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »
Hm..good question. I do like it, however, if some users are sensitive about it, then, I'm going with removing it.

kovu2296

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:52 am »
i have to agree karma on previous forums have lead to  group of people picking on someone by each clicking - karma then that person being hated by the community as they think "hmmm i wonder why that is better not talk to that person" attitude but on the plus side it shows people who is generally helpfull and in somecases who are the popular people in the community thus leading to i want to be like them and them helping people to so yeah

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »
I think we should. I see no point in it other than to boost peoples ego's or make people who care too much about what others think feel bad.

(:

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »
I think we should, or give users the option to switch it on/off. So the people who want it on can have it on, and those who want it off can have it off.

Azure

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:38:31 pm »
We should.

I agree fully with this. So i havent anything else to say at the moment.

Twiliac

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:13 pm »
I'd say it has to go. But an off/on switch would be nice.

kovu2296

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:45:50 am »
hmm off on switch is a good idea i must say to have the option to toggle if you want to participate in karma like the olf IT forum had

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 10:57:48 am »
  I beleive there already is an option to turn Karma off, no one has noticed it yet, or used it yet. I don't really see the point in getting rid of it entirely, because if people are scared off by Karma, then they obviously are not thinking for themselves. I use karma sometimes as a way of getting rid of frustration when someone has said something that I beleive to be wrong. And I don't mean a simple disagreeing, i mean those who go out of their way to insult someones beleifs or opinions, all because they think their opinion is the only one that matters....

And i find it a great source of enertainment. I find it a little funny when I bite someone that their number decreases. I am easily amused by the numbers... And I also like to go around nuzzling then biting for the fun of it too.
  Can no one else say they haven't had that guilty pleasure?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho