Author Topic: We Need Leadership  (Read 17134 times)

Ironic

We Need Leadership
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:10:48 am »
Disclaimer: This is not one of those threads where a user attacks a staff member.

The first thing that I would like to do, is sit down and have talked with yall. I am concern about the current state FeralHeart is in. In less than a year, we lost 4 staff members, who have either given up or just had better things to do. Now down to 4 staff, there’s no leadership, there’s nothing happening to make members lean off their chairs to see a better, brighter future of FeralHeart. In fact, it looks rather dull and unclear. And no, I am not here to complain about “surprises” of the new updates or anything on the matter. The whole point of this thread is leadership. Is there anything happening? Is there anything we could expect in the upcoming months? Will we have a new admin?

Now before you want to write and attack me- I am 100% with the staff and respect what they are doing for the community so far, on the scenes and behind scenes. Someone needs to address the elephant in the room and needs to announce something.

As apart of the Community, yes, I am annoyed. We’re like sitting ducks - and while I am patient, since July, there haven’t been major updates. Every now and then all I hear is Raz ignoring staff members or just staying quiet, or just busy with life. Whatever the case may be, we need leadership and I really can’t stress this enough.

The staffs who had left within this year had every right to leave, and I praise them for that! Why stay around when nothing is being done/answered. In all seriousness, I have my doubts about Feralheart, but that is something I want to keep personal, as I don’t want my opinions to lash out or judged. Not only that, I am pretty nervous about this thread since I don’t want any backlash.

We lost our two admins, so what now? What’s the backup plan or we just sitting ducks?

As a former FeralHeartians manager, I can say I tried every possible way to keep everyone together and active, but that failed. (don’t worry there’s a new Feralheartians, check it out!) But yea, I am far from complaining, as I did try ways to help the community stay engaged. There has been a small spike in groups, which is good to see! People advertising their presets and other stuff…

But, to the end of the topic here, I am not those angry users who demand changes overnight or want to see staff be held accountable. I am simply a user who is concern about things, that’s all.

I don’t have a good argument, but hey, here’s to trying I guess. Also, thank you for everything - we know you guys are trying.

Also forgive if I sound uneducated or naïve. 

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
Re: We Need Leadership
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 07:23:16 am »
Dude, you're pretty right in there. Honestly, seeing FH staff leaving... damn, that kinda hurts. We lost not only responsible staff, but also really kind and positive people. People, who gave to this game and its community a lot of ideas, help when it was needed, and smiles on our faces. And these people have been trolled a lot because of things that weren't even their fault. I don't know what hurts more, this hate speech towards them, or fact they left.

But anyway, as I see I'm coming off-topic. Actually community seems quite sad. I mean yeah, people are sharing their presets, giving advice each other etc etc. But... forums are dead, same as game last times (unless it's because of time I enter the game). Seeing our familiar hills on The Grounds empty... ouch. I think that might be because of no leadership. People who knew these staff members, seeing them gone hurts them, but also, they see that FH is out of staff. They're scared that FH will die and just... leave.

Of course I'm aware it's not only reason why people are leaving. For example, none of major updates, how you mentioned. If we keep going like this... I don't even want to think about it. If Raz could just once even say something, give us a sign that he's still here. I kinda understand him but this way we're walking on fragile ice.

(NOTE: Sorry if I sound mean or anything, I don't want to attack anyone.)
Yo, back here
Again

Ironic

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:59:54 am »
I I don't know what hurts more, this hate speech towards them, or fact they left.

I just wanted to clarify this isn't a hate speech.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:25:07 am by Ironic »

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:54:51 am »
I I don't know what hurts more, this hate speech towards them, or fact they left.

Nono, I didn't mean you! I mean, all this drama that happened at times. FHU 'n stuff.
Yo, back here
Again

Ironic

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:59:21 am »

Nono, I didn't mean you! I mean, all this drama that happened at times. FHU 'n stuff.
Aahh! My apologies then c; Sorry x3

But thank you for your feedback, it means alot ^^

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 04:31:47 pm »
I'm going to be the devil's advocate here, but without the intention of hurting anyone personally.
Consider ^ a disclaimer, as it's really not what I'm trying to do. Yet, there are two sides of every story and/or situation.
Therefore when I mention names, please do not feel disheartened by the point I'm trying to put across.

The current state of Feral Heart has been a state that, I believe, is beyond saving by now. This has been an ongoing problem for years and will perhaps continue to be this way for years to come. If things could be different and there was hope, I don't believe the two administrators would have resigned from their position. Especially LordSuragaha, as she was loyal to the community and tried her best to cater towards everyone's needs while also hitting the criteria that Razmirz would set out before the Staff Team.

Why has it been this way?

As we all will have come to terms with by now, there are several factors.
While yes the Staff work for the community and have tried many handfuls of times to make things work, their work is also a factor of Feral Heart's downfall.

The Feral Heart Staff Team were a very close-knit team and their behaviour very much displayed this. They were, maybe still are, family to one another.
However, they had and will continue to have a bad side to their reputation. There have been claims of wrongful bans being handed out, as well as in-game kicks, etc. and there was even plenty of pages of evidence to prove this, Tumblr/deviantArt being the most popular. Of course, these situations were denied & ignored.

As well as this, there have been occasions where overall attitude radiating off of Staff's attitude or the Team as a whole have been disheartening, causing more to leave. After all, how can someone feel welcome when they're spoken down to?
This is an issue that was not generally mentioned because of lingering fear of being shut down. If people tried to express such concern and publically posted, they were locked and moved out of the sight of the community, being told to Private Message the Staff instead. Yet if a member was feeling so intimidated, taking it to a PM was the last thing on their mind.

There are countless examples of times when members of the Staff Team give very emotionally driven responses that are actually unprofessional. Lack of professionalism will not help the game survive, in fact bury it even deeper.
This has come from Razmirz's lack of activity and drive/workload for them to finish whilst he's busy running errands with his job. It has also come from them being irritated by the community begging the same questions, over and over... which is what happens when the question(s) go unanswered. Simply because those that ask it has FH's survival in their best interest.

Much of the community have left because of the Staff Team alone.

So while yes, they have put A LOT of effort into keeping Feral Heart alive, they have also put a lot of unintentional effort into killing it all the same.

Razmirz, FH Staff, Toxic Community Members.
We all play a part.
Yet, some more than others.

We may need leadership, but is it really need new Administrators we need, or a new Server Master?
That's why Feral Heart Unleashed exists and a lot of people have migrated. xSpirit has made promises that he can actually keep, while also proving that he's much more capable of handling FH in comparison to Razmirz nowadays.

Now I know I'll receive the "but they're two different games" but the community will always be the same. The same users. The same game. Different features & updates, staff, standards. No matter how much people will avoid it, it's a matter of fact that FHU will continue FH's legacy upon release and FH will still have the occasional activity on the forum and briefly in-game, but overall perish.

Unless Raz has something up his sleeve?
Who knows.

But again, I only play the devil's advocate because I like to see balance in discussion.
We have to take in all or the major factors, before we can conclude what the best route is to take to keep a heartbeat on FH.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »
I agree with a lot of what has been said here. It's been very disheartening to watch so many staff members, and even people that have recently gotten MOTs or well known people in the community decide to leave. To me, it feels like there must be something going on behind the scenes that is making the staff and some recent MOTs want to leave. I hope that it's nothing too bad, because I really want to see the game thrive, but I don't think anything that's been said here is wrong.

I think the staff team have been doing the best they can with what they have to work with, but we're down to so few staff members now and no administrators. We have no idea what happened or why some of them left. It's just upsetting.

As someone who has left the game and come back before, sometimes I worry that if I ever decide to do that again just out of simple disinterest, I won't have a game to come back to.

Most of my best online friends have come out of this game. I cannot imagine my life without them, and I don't want to have to think that the game is going to die. Luckily I have other methods of contacting them now, such as Discord, but back in the day the only way to hang out with them was really this game. This game means a lot to me because of that, and I still really enjoy making new friends and sitting in the Grounds, or RPing with groups.

Of course all good things come to an end eventually, but this shouldn't have to be one of them any time soon. There's still life in this game, and the community and staff need to work together to keep the game alive. I don't disagree that we need more leaders. We need more people speaking up about this, so I'm glad you made this thread Ironic.

I hope that members of the community and the staff will see this and understand how important this game is to so many of us.

Staff, you're trying your best, and I'd like to say thank you for everything that you do to keep this community and game alive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:16:40 pm by toonanimals317 »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 06:25:38 pm »
Staff, you're trying your best, and I'd like to say thank you for everything that you do to keep this community and game alive.
I agree with that!

It's sad seeing this game drop from 100[even more at one point] players to around 12. It doesn't help that many players are leaving either, a couple of my friends on this game have left! :-\
I agree with most, if not all previous posts in this thread too. Couldn't have expressed it out better.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:27:40 pm by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 11:51:43 pm »
Scallywag/VRTCLLYCHLNGD made a few good points but FHU could end up the same way as FH at some point.
I do think the staff have tried their best but most are at their wits end. I would be too, everyone here is human and we all get exhausted after doing something for so long. If they lose their cool every now and then, I don't blame them.
I don't see FH getting any better any time soon if at all. I honestly don't know why Raz continues to pay to keep it up, unless for nostalgia. Not trying to be mean, but it's with so little activity ingame and on the forums, it seems like it would be wise to let it go already.
Toonanimals is right, all good things must come to an end and it feels like FH is being held on by a thread.
I don't think we need leadership, I think we just need a memeber of staff, perferably Raz of course, to let us know what now. A single update thread about the future or if FH has one. I don't think we will be seeing any new staff memebers anytime soon and Raz will always be the server master. Not too many people left to lead at this point, so I'm guessing things will stay as they are until it ends.

Kinda depressing lol but it's honesty

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 02:05:12 am »
All the staff who left recently left for similar reasons actually. They shared some of the same frustrations about the game going nowhere essentially. But at the same time they were getting bullied and harassed by toxic members of this very community. And after a while it broke their spirit. That is why they left. It is obvious to those who saw everything that happened to them.

As for lack of progress, progress with game development is never instant. I know from experience how many months or even years it can take to have something complete enough to show. Showing a bunch of partially complete buggy code isn't going to impress anyone. And there are times when one idea fails to work and must be replaced by another that will work. Why show something that may have to be changed when it fails to work with something else later on? That would be unprofessional. Seems more like people need to start trusting that the staff know what they are doing and will show progress when there is something complete enough to show.

As for FHU, why in the world are you still bringing that up and comparing FH to it? That game has nothing to do with the direction this game will go or what it's future will hold. It seems more like FHU has become everyone's bargaining chip for demanding change over here. Because every time someone wants something different here they start talking about how FHU is doing something differently. They have their own concepts and we have ours. The whole reason they left and started FHU was because they had differing ideals that conflicted with the ones over here. So stop comparing 2 games that must take their own separate paths. It will only start more unneeded drama and hurt more people like what happened in the past.

As for lack of leadership and dwindling staff numbers, how should we know who may or may not be working behind the scenes on this very game. Expecting daily progress updates is quite unreasonable and would greatly slow down progress on the very updates you are seeking.

Furthermore, if Raz was gonna close this game, he would've done it when Kov left. But instead he has kept running it despite all the drama and crap that has gone down over the years. I seriously doubt he is just gonna shut it down now or anytime soon tbh.

Looks like we all need to calm down, be thankful for what we have right now, and look forward to what is to come.