Author Topic: FeralHeart Forum Idea List  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
FeralHeart Forum Idea List
« on: May 27, 2021, 06:27:28 pm »
FH Forum Idea List

There are many scattered threads of what people are looking for but I think it would be a cool idea to bunch all of them up in one place for easy, clear access. c: I thought I would make a forum idea thread to match the game one, making it even easier to access!

If you haven't seen already, find my game idea list here!

Ideas (so far)!

- Bringing back the banners on the forum.
- Bring image embedding into posts or video embedding (if possible).
- Forum pin system for important information.
- Forum re-vamp in terms of design.
- Member run event board further up on the forum.
- Regarding the PM system, automatically check the "save to outbox" box.
- Responses to thread notifications you have created option.

If anyone has anything to add that isn't on here already, please reply to this post that I may add it! <3
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:51:22 pm by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart Forum Idea List
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 07:06:41 pm »
Thank you for putting together this thread Esa!!!

I don't have many ideas when it comes to things for the forum, but maybe under the roleplays area, a place for Discord based RPs? I know we have Forum Based or In Game right now, and people will post Discord based RPs in either category, but I think it would be great to have a Discord category as well, so its more specific/Discord RP runners don't have to guess which category is more appropriate for their post.

Maybe a more official thread for member run events? Sure we have the Community Activities Hub but it's down at the bottom of the forum so it can be hard to gain traction. Also just adding some sub categories to it for events, fun smaller activities, parties, etc. would be cool!

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:29:58 pm »
Thank you for putting together this thread Esa!!!

I don't have many ideas when it comes to things for the forum, but maybe under the roleplays area, a place for Discord based RPs? I know we have Forum Based or In Game right now, and people will post Discord based RPs in either category, but I think it would be great to have a Discord category as well, so its more specific/Discord RP runners don't have to guess which category is more appropriate for their post.

Maybe a more official thread for member run events? Sure we have the Community Activities Hub but it's down at the bottom of the forum so it can be hard to gain traction. Also just adding some sub categories to it for events, fun smaller activities, parties, etc. would be cool!

Yes yes yes! I agree with these so much!

A Discord sub-board would be very useful for those with Discord based roleplays and help them get off of their feet. c: And member run event board would be awesome too! It is a little out of the way to scroll all the way down, I would love to see it further up where more people can see it easier. Adding these to the list!

Ironic

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 12:50:09 am »
Definitely a good idea, Esarossa c; Thank you for making this. Hopefully I can hatch some ideas soon

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 04:06:30 am »
Definitely a good idea, Esarossa c; Thank you for making this. Hopefully I can hatch some ideas soon

Thank you! No problem at all, I look forward to see what you come up with! c:

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:58:38 am »
We used to have a discord server hub board, however it was removed due to the following reasons from our 2019 Autumn Newsletter thread:

- The Discords Server Hub board was removed. Due to the major decline in Feral Heart users role playing & talking in game and on the forum in favor of Discord, we will no longer be promoting a specific Discord oriented board or Discord in general. This change is also in part due to immense complaints in regards to the foul nature of certain Discord groups that were promoted here. A number of these Discord groups violated our user safety policy by linking users (especially underage users) to inappropriate/harmful individuals, discussions, & content. We apologize to those who utilized the board and their Discords respectfully but we hope that you understand our reasoning for the change. You’re all free to use your Discords but please do not advertise or link them on our boards, thank you.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 05:15:43 am »
We used to have a discord server hub board, however it was removed due to the following reasons from our 2019 Autumn Newsletter thread:

- The Discords Server Hub board was removed. Due to the major decline in Feral Heart users role playing & talking in game and on the forum in favor of Discord, we will no longer be promoting a specific Discord oriented board or Discord in general. This change is also in part due to immense complaints in regards to the foul nature of certain Discord groups that were promoted here. A number of these Discord groups violated our user safety policy by linking users (especially underage users) to inappropriate/harmful individuals, discussions, & content. We apologize to those who utilized the board and their Discords respectfully but we hope that you understand our reasoning for the change. You’re all free to use your Discords but please do not advertise or link them on our boards, thank you.

Aw dang, that's such a shame! It's awful people were using it in that way :( -- makes total sense that it was removed though. Thanks for the information, Ame, I appreciate it! I suppose that idea can be taken down haha.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 07:07:52 pm »
Okay, so this has to do with the PM system-- which admittedly I don't use a ton, but it still frustrates me sometimes.

1) Automatically check the "save to outbox" box. I think that should be the default, more often than not you want to see what you've sent, yes? To make sure it sent if nothing else.

I feel like this should be checked by default instead of needing to be turned on.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 11:16:52 am »
"Show new replies to your posts."
- If we could change it so that it only shows the replies to the threads we make?
I say this because the link is otherwise just another "Show unread posts since last visit" but selective to the threads you've contributed to.

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, but I see the two links as too similar despite their obvious differences and think it would be more beneficial to have it so one shows the unread posts since last visit (including the replies to threads you've contributed to) & replies to threads you've made yourself.

If that makes sense.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 03:01:47 pm »
Okay, so this has to do with the PM system-- which admittedly I don't use a ton, but it still frustrates me sometimes.

1) Automatically check the "save to outbox" box. I think that should be the default, more often than not you want to see what you've sent, yes? To make sure it sent if nothing else.

I feel like this should be checked by default instead of needing to be turned on.

It can definitely be a pain when you want to keep a copy of a message but forget to check that box. A simple yet effective idea.

"Show new replies to your posts."
- If we could change it so that it only shows the replies to the threads we make?
I say this because the link is otherwise just another "Show unread posts since last visit" but selective to the threads you've contributed to.

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, but I see the two links as too similar despite their obvious differences and think it would be more beneficial to have it so one shows the unread posts since last visit (including the replies to threads you've contributed to) & replies to threads you've made yourself.

If that makes sense.

The main difference between them is that the unread posts option is for new threads and posts that have been created since you last visited, regardless of if you have contributed to them or not. New replies on the other hand are just as the title states: strictly posts replying to yours. Yes, they're similar, but not enough to where it's bothered me personally. I think maybe it'd be an idea to implement a third option for responses to threads that you have created yourself, but I see the new replies option as a two-in-one kind of thing; a mixture of both replies to your threads and just general replies to posts you have made. If you're getting a plethora of notifications in your new replies section to the point where you're having trouble finding certain threads, then I can understand the frustration, but again I've never found it to be an hassle since I've been here. I do understand where you are coming from though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 03:05:22 pm by LadySigyn »