Author Topic: ~ Important News & Updates ~  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
~ Important News & Updates ~
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:44 am »
Important News 5-18-14
--------------------------------

Hello everyone!

I'm sure plenty of have notice that both clans are very much lacking in having Ranked members. This reason being mostly because we aren't having enough active members which leads to no RP which equals no ranks ups, And we Desperately need to have people ranking up if they so wish. So for everyone wondering we have Several Available Ranks that are in the Highest Tier in the ranks! That includes, Alphas, Betas, Deltas, Mediators, And Chieftain! As of right now these are the ranks that need to be filled in each group for the highest Tier.

Available Higher Tier Ranks in TEC: 2 Deltas, 4 Mediators, and 4 Chieftain
Available Higher Tier Ranks in BL: 2 Alphas, 2 Betas, 2 Deltas, 5 Mediators, and 4 Chieftain

As you can see BL needs all their Higher up positions filled. So please If you want to have a higher rank in RP within our group please be active and join us for RP. We need to be having huge RP sessions on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. But that doesn't stop anyone from RPing any other day of the week. So if someone wants to kick up an RP session on a Tuesday feel free to do it! But make sure if you do please make a RP History note here! ----> http://the-kreptic-circle.forumotion.com/t245-rp-history#899

But remember if you are striving towards a higher tier Rank, everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up. Here is a List of all our Ranks and where you can start and work up towards!---> http://the-kreptic-circle.forumotion.com/t12-kreptis-ranks

[size=24]We won't just hand out ranks because that can lead to people who aren't active taking up higher rank positions. That is why we have everyone start out as a low rank and work their way up. We need you to show us you are willing to be very active and be apart of our group![/size]

And if you are working to become a higher rank you are expected to be active. Very Active. People who aren't active and are taking up a ranked spot will either lose their rank and it will be passed to the next person who is more active and wanting that rank (If they are eligible) or they will be moved down to a lower rank that is available. (Example if someone is taking up a Beta spot, they will be dropped to a delta and the delta wanting a rank up will earn their rank up to a beta through RP and take that Beta Rank.)

The people that give out ranks are all ranks within the highest Tier. I'm usually on during most RP's so I will usually be the one handing out ranks. If it's not me we have Inked, Hjol, BlackBerry, And Murica who can all give out ranks as they are in the higher Tier of ranks. So please please please! If you want to earn a higher tier rank please be active and please join us for RP!  Let's get those spots filled up everyone!!

[size=24]With that also said please remember that our RP Ranks are strictly only in RP. So if you are an Alpha rank, you only have authority in the RP, Not outside RP. For Example I'm only a Beta in RP But I'm one of the groups Admins. The People who have authority of the group is our Site Officials which you can see who is one here[/size] ---> http://the-kreptic-circle.forumotion.com/t346-meet-our-site-officals#1260.

Please feel free to comment any concerned, questions, ETC below.

Thank you everyone for reading this and I look forward to RPing with you!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:15:16 pm by Lady_RavenRose »

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
Re: Important News & Updates!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:23:08 am »
Important News 6-12-17 (Meeting Update!)
--------------------------------

Once again it is time for our next meeting of the year to discuss important topics.
Meetings are extremely IMPORTANT and they are MANDATORY. If for some reason you are unable to attend you MUST read the Meeting notes when posted. On this thread please post 'Read and Understood' when you have read it! Thank You!

As stated in the topic the meeting is set for July 8th!

Times for the meeting:
Pacific Time: 12pm
Mountain Time: 1pm
Central Time: 2pm
Eastern Time: 3pm
Remember Meetings are IMPORTANT and after them we usually will have an RP session so please attend!

If there are any topics you wish for Me or Inked to bring up during the meeting please PM me either here on the site, Skype, Or Discord and they will be addressed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:29:47 am by Lady_RavenRose »

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 08:47:12 pm »

Meeting Notes from July 8th 2017

So, since the meeting had a rather poor and small turn out we didn't have much decision about activity and such due to the fact that everyone that was on is an active member so we just went straight to promotions.

Our first promotions were for our MITs, Which are now Kashmir, Velvet, and Rotfish~

Next Remus promoted from a MIT to a site official Mod

And lastly Jinxx was promoted from Mod to a Global Moderator~

Congrats to everyone who got a promotion, you all very much deserved them!

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 08:04:01 am »

Important News & Updates
12-26-17
----------------------------------

For a while now ranks in both the clans have been slacking quite a bit so we've decided to go about a new way of giving out ranks everyone.
Within out discord now we will have 'Rank Auditions' Where once you have joined the group and been apart of it for a week or longer, You will be able to audition for any rank that is available! Each persons gets 3 rank choices to audition for where they will RP out a sample acting out the ranks they have chosen.
At the end of every week or sooner if needed Site officials will get together and pick who they feel is fit for each rank and ranks will be given out! There are plently of ranks to be auditioned for especially a lot of higher up ranks within the BL clan!

Rules:
1. You must be active within the group to be picked for ranks! (Especially the higher up Ranks)
2. All new members must wait a week before auditioning for any ranks!
3. You may addition for 3 ranks if you wish
4. There is to be no fighting if you don't recivie the rank you wanted! Fighting of any kind over ranks will not be tolerated!

BEFORE AUDITIONING: Please go to these two links provided to see what ranks are still avaliable. If the rank you wanted is taken, I'm sorry you'll have to choose another and reaudition whenever the rank is open.

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
Re: ~ Important News & Updates ~
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 05:46:07 pm »

8 / 1 / 2019
-------------------
Hello everyone!
As of recently, We have decided to return to an older site we previously used. Thanks to Skye it has been updated and Rook has created a lovely new logo! Please when you get a chance make an account on the site and we will activate it asap~

New Site ---> http://theeboncircle.canadian-forum.com/

Along with returning to an updated past site, I have also gone ahead and completely revamped our Discord Server! Please If you have any questions Feel free to join the server or you may simply add me at Lady_RavenRose#8630! The Server is Loaded with information along with the site so feel free to join the server and just check it out to see if you would like to join us!

Discord Link - https://discord.gg/zFhyMtP
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:45:53 pm by Lady_RavenRose »

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 08:23:13 pm »

8 / 7 / 2019
-------------------

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Over the years, We have always stuck by the rule of have 1 Character and 1 only.  Most of you have asked before if a second character could ever become a thing.

Well now some of you will have that chance!
As of today we are allowing members of The Ebon Circle the chance to create a second character! This second character you create though MUST be a Bloodling and you must be an active member of the group!

We are hoping that allowing you guys to make a second character as a Bloodling will help even out the numbers in the clans and allow for more RP to happen easily for both clans!  Eventually once the numbers are even, we will allow this chance for those who are in the Bloodling clan to make a second character for The Ebon Circle. But for now this is Strictly for Active TEC  Members!

This second character also must be made on the same account you normally use in the group! It will be far to confusing for staff to keep track of if people use two accounts

With this addition to allowing second characters, you can all expect Staff to be cracking down on the activty within the group as we do not want a bunch of extra characters filling up space and not being used.

If you create a second character and it or the other goes unused you will be warned to pick up activity! If either of your characters holds a high rank and you go inactive on one of those characters, You will be warned, and if the warning is not listen to, You will be removed from that rank so someone who is active can take it!

If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact anyone in staff or go to #ask-staff and we can help answer any questions you may have!
Have fun creating everyone!

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Mini-Mod
  • Experienced Traveler
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - PLEASE READ

Hello TKC!

As of late, Our main focus of the group has been trying to establish a set Plot and RP theme for the group so it is over all easier for everyone to RP and so more rp is happening in general, As we have never really had any sort of _Consistent_ rp.  With having the rank applications open we have filled up many high ranks and we want to thank all of you for applying for those ranks! Now things are moving forward.

With that said, we have several new and exciting things about the lore, rp, and much more that we want to share with all of you! Keep reading!

**Lore Update**

The first announcement I would like to make is that the staff has come together to work on an overhaul on the lore of the group so we have more than just TEC and BL hating each other. We will now have a _why_, to why they hate each other. The site lore will be edited soon to include that TEC & BL once a long time ago were one whole group, but their extreme differences from their accepting of death, to how they fed on the livings souls led to them splitting into separate clans known as The Ebon Circle & The Bloodlings. But over the years to avoid fighting, they hold meetings every full moon. Attempting to keep things civil between each other. The goal is to be Civil, and maybe even work together one day? We shall see.

Please keep an eye out on the site for the full lore update! (Will be out soon)

**Monthly RP Themes!**

We are now going to have Monthly RP Themes! Each month staff will put out a theme with a prompt for everyone to go off of for RP! This will give everyone a sense of what's going on in their world and make it easier for more story to happen!

With the Monthly RP themes we will still encourage you to have other small rps! Please RP as much as you want to make character development. The Monthly RP Theme is just so everyone has an idea of what's going on in the story and what might be happening in the background if your character is off doing something else!

We will also be opening a ‘Monthly Plot Suggestions’ Channel so everyone can submit a plot they would like to see one month! Near the end of each month, Staff will pick between some of their favorites and a poll will be made so everyone can vote on a plot!

Heres some Theme sneak peaks!
- Treasure Hunt -
- Fight club -
- The Dimming -

**RP Changes**

With the lore being adjusted, New Monthly RP Themes, RP will be done slightly differently. Here are the list of changes coming to RP and The group!

- When new members join, they will no longer pick between TEC & BL for a tag. People Joining TKC will have a choice to develop their character first before picking what clan they want. New joining people will now take the tag of TKC. If they do not want to side with either clan, They will be known as a ‘Lone Krepti’ and keep the TKC tag.

- Starting now, TEC’s can be corrupted and join the BL. Same With BL, They can change and side with TEC. There will be a new tag for those who have switched it will be xxTEC (For TEC joining the BLs side) and xxBL (For BL joining TEC side!  Please inform a staff member if your character is switching sides at any point so we can make notes!)

- Caretaker Rank will be adjusted so they also act as guides for those switching to a different clan.

-TEC & BL will be able to get along somewhat civilly around each other besides just going          straight to wanting to fight and kill each other. Disagreements will be dealt with in the ‘Dueling Zone’. (More RP channels will be made)

- Rifts in the world are the Kreptis way out of the limbo into the ‘Living World’, where once through the rift, They will take a temporary form of their choosing to blend in. (Human, Animal, ETC.) Krepti are able to sense rifts opening.

- Going through Rifts are dangerous, Krepti should only go through a rift at Night due to the sun weakening them. If they go through a rif during the day They must stay within the shadows or they risk weakening themselves and losing the disguise they wear.

- Staying in the ‘Living World’ for too long is extremely risky for Krepti, Especially those with weaker cores. Prolong visitation to the ‘Living world’ can cause memory loss for the Krepti and eventually they will become lost and vanish from the world.

- Low ranking Krepti should always be accompanied by a higher ranking Krepti when going through a rift.

- If the rift they entered from closes while they are in the ‘Living World’ they will be forced to find a new rift as quickly as possible and they will lose their disguise, and turn into a simple shadow.

- All Krepti that go through a rift and return must rest afterwards as it is straining on their core. Rest times vary depending on core strength.

** ACTIVITY **

Discord will be our main area for RP and Activity. We all know people have jobs, Schools, Lives, Families, ETC, and can't constantly get on FH. Discord activity will now be more heavily monitored and will have random wipes throughout the year to get rid of inactive members. There Will be a group clean coming for Both FH group and the discord group soon! Keep your eye out for that announcement!

Activity on FH is still encouraged, and we still require people to have FH to be able to join! We still would like to see people on FH being social as well as have RP session whenever you like! Maps will be here soon so RP is a little more exciting on FH!.

**RP ACTIVITY**

Now that we have a lot more higher tier ranks filled, and RP is going to start kicking off soon. This Month we will begin monitoring who is actively RP in their rank very closely! Here are the things that will be happening with RP Activty

- 48 Hour post Limit (Skip person posting if they don't respond in 48 hours. )

- Each person gets 10 RP skips in a month. (Warning from staff if you hit 8 skips.)

- Each person gets 3 RP Drops in a month. (Warning from staff if you hit 2 )

-If You are reaching 10 RP skips, or 3 RP Drops. Speak to a staff member and we will discuss. If you do not come speak to staff and you are over Skips/Drops for the month, You will lose the rank and have to start from the bottom and work your way up

- If you are removed from the group due to inactivity, you will lose the rank you had and will start as a Rankless and have to work your way up.

- Leave of Absences will exempt you from activity for up to a month. This includes, FH, Discord, Rp, etc. Any requests for longer than a month should have special approval for things such as emergencies or long trips

**THANK YOU**

Thank you for taking the time to read through these announcements! There are tons of new things so I expect you guys will have lots of questions and maybe even concerns. Please use the #ask-staff channel so we can answer any questions you might have!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Mini-Mod
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 10:06:04 am »

Greetings all!
Welcome to the monthly news.

To start off with in this news briefing, I'd firstly like to address Iris/Lady_RavenRose's departure from her position as owner and admin of The Kreptic Circle.
Iris has been admin of this wonderful group for a long time.
I'd like to thank Iris for the hard work, dedication, and the love she has put into TKC since she took over as owner.
She has been a treasured member of TKC for many years, and is someone that a lot of us look up to.
Thankfully, Iris will be staying with us, and is instead going to be moving onto the position of retirement.

The following is a message from Iris herself in regards to the situation:

"I've helped run and own this group for a good handful of years now.
This group has been my baby for the longest time.
But as life goes and on things change, I just don't have the dedication that i once did before to keep this group thriving the way it should, and I've been this way for a while unfortunately.
So with that being said, I've decided it's time that I pass the torch, and allow someone new to take over my position to hopefully get the group thriving the way it was before.

I hope all of you can understand and respect my decision.
It was not an easy one to make in the slightest but it is for the best. I will still be here, but i will be moving to the retired role.
I'll still be able to help here and there but just on the side.

Thank you guys for being an amazing group and i'm very thankful for the opportunity i was given to help run this group. Love you all."

Again, I want to say another big thank you to Iris for everything she's done for us. We all love you very much.

With that being said, I've been chosen to carry the torch and will do so proudly.
If you don't know me, my name is Nyx!
I've been with the group since late 2012, and have called it a second family ever since.

I vow to stick to TKC's roots, and to try my best to bring the group back to its former glory.
I'm working on updating things such as the Discord, this childboard, and many other things.

I feel very honoured to have been given this position, and I will do my absolute best to keep everything running smoothly and efficiently.

Staff Promotions:
Nyx - LadySigyn [Moderator - Admin]

Staff departures:
Iris/Selkie - Lady_Ravenrose [Admin - Retired]
Hjol - zaphirai [Moderator - Guest]
Kashmir - RecklessHoodie [MIT - Guest]
Rotfish/Seren - Wolf-Worms [Moderator - Departed]

Thank you to the staff mentioned above for the time you've spent with us, and the hard work you've put in during that time. We all appreciate you greatly.

I'm happy to say that our member count is growing slowly, and we have a few new faces as of recently.

Member additions:
Kiallima
Jekyll - Oceanic
Sirius
Kelpie - Toonanimals317
Madadh - SpicyDirt

Thank you for joining us!
We do hope that you've enjoyed your time here with us so far, and that you'll continue to stay!

So far, that's all the news I have for you all currently.

I'm planning to release a news update every month, even if it's just something small.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the month! Until the next one.~
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:59:15 am by LadySigyn »