Author Topic: A new Contest...(2 Ideas)  (Read 4488 times)

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
A new Contest...(2 Ideas)
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:55:39 pm »
So,
I came up with a new idea, I don't know if it's great or not.
So, the name for the competition would be:Character design contest.
Which would mean the player would have to design it's own character based on a theme or it's own taste, with the FH Markings ONLY. Also, entries would be better in a PM Since players can easily steal ideas and say ''What? No! I thought about that idea myself, I didn't even look at his! He is not the only one which can think about that!'' Which can happen in the map making contest and preset contest too.
I know...
But this will happen alot. So here is a new idea, to give the entries in PM.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline wolves01

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • HAHA... no
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: A new Contest...(2 Ideas)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:34:31 pm »
DarkWolf this kinda like the preset contest.. right? Because its a character and you design your preset with a theme and this is kinda the same.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »
I guess this could workout better for people who have less experience with presets but more experoence with feralheart markings. Although, yes there is a contest similar. Pretty good idea.

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:15:46 pm »
DarkWolf this kinda like the preset contest.. right? Because its a character and you design your preset with a theme and this is kinda the same.
Oh, yes! Kinda like with the presets, but it's now about the tastes now, not about how good you can draw/do presets well. So, it's like for people who have good tastes and are experienced with markings!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:00 am »
I think, while it'd be more apt to draw in less experienced users, this contest probably wouldn't go into effect with the preset contest in place. The preset contest allows for more creativity. And while one can be creative with the default markings and textures, there's always the chance it's just as creative as someone else. I actually believe this could cause more spat amongst contestants than the other. In a way where everyone could have had the same idea, say, to make a pug character. They'd all look relatively similar. Why? Because they were limited in what they could do to make it their own.

That's just my two cents, worth.

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »
I think, while it'd be more apt to draw in less experienced users, this contest probably wouldn't go into effect with the preset contest in place. The preset contest allows for more creativity. And while one can be creative with the default markings and textures, there's always the chance it's just as creative as someone else. I actually believe this could cause more spat amongst contestants than the other. In a way where everyone could have had the same idea, say, to make a pug character. They'd all look relatively similar. Why? Because they were limited in what they could do to make it their own.

That's just my two cents, worth.
True, true. But the pugs can't be the same unless one of the pug creators gave the other one the codes, so the winner will be the one which has a better pug.

Signature:

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:50:08 pm »
So basically it'd be a contest to see who can coordinate colours the best. Eh?

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:02 am »
So basically it'd be a contest to see who can coordinate colours the best. Eh?
Yes, since there are lots of people which make good looking characters. This contest could also help players from FH to make better looking and more realistic chars >:U

Signature: