Author Topic: Why You Shouldn't Be Mean To Noobs  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Why You Shouldn't Be Mean To Noobs
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:38:37 am »
We all know noobs, new players! We were all noobs at one time. Noobs are life, noobs are the future. However, sometimes people are mean to new players!  :'(
Don't be mean to new players, they're a player just like you. Remember that phrase from earlier? "Noobs are life, noobs are the future." Well maybe they aren't life, but they sure are the future! If you scare away all the new players, the game could possibly die out since nobody new is coming to play! So once all of the old players leave, the game is toast! When I was a Feral Heart noob, some people were quite rude to me, luckily I loved the game so much that it didn't bother me at all, but imagine if that was someone else, who didn't love the game so much? That poor player would have felt bad and quit! You should always be nice to new players (AKA noobs), because how would you feel on your first day of playing a game everyone was a jerk to you? You should always help and show new players around, even be their first friend!  This is why you shouldn't be mean to noobs, because they are the future, and you were probably just like them at one time. :)

What do you guys think we could or even should do to make our newbies feel welcome?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:24:01 pm by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
Re: Why You Shouldn't Be Mean To Noobs
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:58:38 am »
This is certainly true. Newbs are the future of every single game in existence. Newbs should be treated better than how they are being treated.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 05:07:40 am »
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 05:03:31 pm »
Actually when you met someone who's new, best way is sending this tinyurl: tinyurl.com/LegendaryEasyInstall, teaching something about presets, and together exploring. Also smol mention about forum, because running on forum makes game so much better. We have to be kinda "teachers". Noobs will have awesome opinion about game then. <3
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 08:05:26 pm »
Actually when you met someone who's new, best way is sending this tinyurl: tinyurl.com/LegendaryEasyInstall, teaching something about presets, and together exploring. Also smol mention about forum, because running on forum makes game so much better. We have to be kinda "teachers". Noobs will have awesome opinion about game then. <3
Yup, this works too!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 08:19:37 pm »
Hi there! While I absolutely agree with the premise of this thread, it does need more of a topic for floofs to respond to. Perhaps include discussion questions such as "what do you think we can do to help new players feel more welcome?" etc. Thank you!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 08:23:35 pm »
Hi there! While I absolutely agree with the premise of this thread, it does need more of a topic for floofs to respond to. Perhaps include discussion questions such as "what do you think we can do to help new players feel more welcome?" etc. Thank you!
Oh yea, okay! That sounds pretty epic to me

Art by QuietMacaroni

Groogle

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 05:10:52 pm »
For Newbies, its like walking into the classroom and just watching as everyone stare down at you; not the best feelings.

But yes, they are the future and we should give the same amount of respect they deserve. Not everyone is social, and I think everyone should realize that since everyone was like that at one point. However, there are ways to quickly join in and be apart of the community. One out of all ways is participating and just see where you can add your two cents. Who knows maybe your two cents will bring others and maybe yall can have a discussion? Another way to gain some friends is probably showing off some talents - users love to see what you have store and will quickly jump in to support.

Then again, older users can also help the noobs by hosting events and just helping where they can. Being friendly helps others to approach if anything, and boom a blossom of a friendship.

How I plan to greet newbies is poking them in the game or see if they want to play. 

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 04:57:09 am »
If you meet a new player, take the time to show them around and answer their questions. And be there for them when they need someone to talk to.