Author Topic: Is the game dying?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Is the game dying?
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 03:39:09 am »
Please keep to this thread's main topic, otherwise this thread will be locked/removed due to the discussion being thrown off topic.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline teddybr

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I came. I saw. I made it awkward
    • AngelflyXD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 04:00:24 am »
well i may be only here for a week so I wouldn't really know why the game is dying. But one factor that seems to be pretty obvious is the two parties in the community that is constantly head butting each other. Personally when I join a game it's nice to see people welcoming you or just having fun within the forums etc, though there are some arguments in other games, yes, it might just be me, but I never seen a community that is so devoted to their own belief in their own story.

What I mean by that is; accusing each other such as 'jumping at each other throats', quotes such as these tend to start arguments especially if the other feel like they are wrongly accused. That usually turns me off from the community especially since if the forums are like that and I have no doubt that some other newbies tend to do so, there is also a definite lack of players online in game- and if they are they are either are AFK or private roleplaying with others which makes public roleplay or communication difficult- and thus- makes newbies feel more awkward and difficult to join into this community.

Atleast, that is my current verdict after a week roaming the forums and in game.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 04:46:33 am »
Very well put, Teddy. As of recent times, drama has really taken it's toll on this forum, and I'm sure everyone who joins and sees it just wants to turn around and walk away. Some members who have been here for a long time have taken their leave over the constant drama and headbutting that they had seen, as well as for other reasons (be it personal or not), and I don't blame them whatsoever.

In this game's current state I guess you could see that it is dying, however there still always is hope if everyone works together to try to bring this place to a better light. Yeah sure it may not work in the end, but everyone may succeed in bringing it back as well. There's always that chance.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 05:32:27 am »
Indeed it is a shame that new users have to come across the negativity from the past and the absence of players as a first impression, but that doesn't mean things can't change. I'll miss the users who've departed due to it all, but as Ame said, there's always that chance that things will work out.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." - Desmond Tutu.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:34:28 am by LadySigyn »

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2020, 06:14:05 am »
From my own experience - i've tried multiple times to connect with the community here and genuinely get involved, though it always ends up failing whereas i'd end up not thinking about this game for another few months afterward. as a person who doesnt exactly feel like i've ever gotten out of my "newbie" stage, it felt somewhat like you had to have either veteran status or strong confidence to be able to have fun on the game, which i had neither of. other than that, considering feralheart is exclusively for hanging out or roleplaying, it gets boring *quick* especially if interaction is something that makes you nervous. then there's the ongoing mentions of drama, of course, which makes playing feel like an off experience. i found out about feralheart a long time ago, tried to join in 2016, and finally joined in 2017 and it still feels like you have to "qualify" in some way to fit in with everybody.

my point is though, that yeah, some people do most likely feel a bit driven away by the whole idea of it. I just feel like this game needs a push in the right direction because well, to be truthful, when a game hits rock bottom activity-wise it usually seems to be the end of it. if any popular users took interest in this game and decided to do something like speak about their characters more often, make videos, and overall spread the experience then more people would feel keen to say something along the lines of "oh hey, that game exists, i should play it!" and that might be the little click that saves this game's life. i, too, have noticed that the player count being below 60 is MUCH below average, as i used to come on and the lowest was about 90 players. i think that the solution is to bring the game up more outside of the site. bring it up to your friends, put something on youtube, obsess about it on tumblr, you get the gist. what i've been seeing a lot is more of "bring the (dwindling) community together" instead of "spread the word, expand the community" which seems to be a recipe for gradual failure. i've stopped seeing anything feralheart related out of the impressive title related community, and the only real reason ive had another look at this game is because i happened to be reminded of it on my own accord.

my point is; the community seems to be solely held together by people who dedicate themselves entirely to the game, and this game only. which is not a good thing if you want consistent activity. and i think that if more people who had mixed interests started to be more productive ingame and share it, people from outside of the community (who are involved with said person's other interests) would have the idea of coming IN to the community. it just seems to be a rare thing to me, and if activity should increase, i think that needs to be more common.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 08:24:01 am »
yeah.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2020, 04:53:38 am »
A simple 3 step solution to this game's problems:
1. Put aside your differences
2. Ignore anyone who is trying to start a fight
3. Start playing more

Problem solved.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2020, 07:10:55 pm »
Not if we can help it! Grab some friends and start having fun! :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.