Author Topic: Coming Soon-ish... Different Head Types [Image Heavy] [Updated 11/13/2017]  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Vestamia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your Token Dog Friend
    • TheMarquisOfDorks
    • themarquisofdorks
    • View Profile
Love the feedback, guys! Glad to see there's interest in this project.

Updated the post with a shiny new (but still very unfinished) head and some other info for y'all. I need more ideas on heads if anyone wants to contribute to that. wink wink nudge nudge
You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and pretend to be a dog?

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
Ooh.

Moar head types.

Yay. 10/10
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
this is great, good luck with this project!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
Totes gonna use that. I never rped lions or big cats much. And I'm really mostly in Warrior cat rps and with the lion face its sometimes a 50/50 gamble to make it look cat like for the head.
Merrp

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
One potential problem i see is...  if two people are using them at the same time.  They might see each other with their own head colours.
A 50/50% chance from the limited experiments i've done.  Try it! *waits for this to be complete*
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Vestamia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your Token Dog Friend
    • TheMarquisOfDorks
    • themarquisofdorks
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon-ish... Different Head Types [Image Heavy] [Updated 11/11/2017]
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 09:47:50 pm »
Long time no see, guys! I've been learning so much about Blender in the time I've been gone, so expect more updates on the weekends!
This time around I found out how to make "presets" for the cat head. Haven't tested the others out yet, but I'm pretty excited about that. The best part: they utilize the same UV as regular presets, so if you can make a normal preset you can retexture the head. Heck, you can take the head and eye textures of your current present and slap them on if you wanted to!

Totes gonna use that. I never rped lions or big cats much. And I'm really mostly in Warrior cat rps and with the lion face its sometimes a 50/50 gamble to make it look cat like for the head.
I agree! That's why I was motivated to make this in the first place. Tiny chinned lions =/= cats.

One potential problem i see is...  if two people are using them at the same time.  They might see each other with their own head colours.
A 50/50% chance from the limited experiments i've done.  Try it! *waits for this to be complete*
Yep, this is something I've heard of. I MIGHT (majorly big MIGHT) know a way to work around it, but people much more experienced then me have tried and failed, so yeah. Major MIGHT. In any case, you can't get a proper look at the head without a "headless" preset anyway, so I'd say there's more motivation in place to just make your own texture for the head.

EDIT: oh wowza another update
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:28:37 am by Vestamia »
You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and pretend to be a dog?

Offline FreakDecoy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Come to California, be a freak like me too
    • FreakDecoy
    • Freak Decoy
    • FreakDecoy
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon-ish... Different Head Types [Image Heavy] [Updated 11/13/2017]
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 10:22:27 pm »
Wow these are amazing! I couldn't help but notice at the very bottom of your post, "maybe non-canine and non-feline animals" - that'd be really interesting to see! I've never seen that attempted on FH, but I'm not opposed to see some other animals getting their own heads. I wish you luck and will happily await updates. <3

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon-ish... Different Head Types [Image Heavy] [Updated 11/13/2017]
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 12:36:04 am »
Oo, just now seeing more shapes c':
Truly phenomenal dearie.
Keep it up, can't wait to see what else you bring to the tables <3

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Still waiting!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
I'm not sure weather Vestamia is still around FeralHeart anymore. Looking at their profile, it's been about half a year since they've last been active, and on top of that the last update for this was well over a year ago. It's possible they had dropped the project somewhere down the road.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort